Tonight's the Night-not neil young..U2!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
at last!!!
I only have $10 left to pay on the lay-by ( don't spend it all at once u2).....that's do-able.
I collect my Boston "elevation" DVD this evening and get to see what it was that made so many people swoon and drool and generally wave their arms in the air all over the USA and Europe.

My son's ex-housemate has his first game of pro-football for Manly Rugby League club tomorrow.( good luck big young fella, please keep him safe) I'm pleased to say, the friends are piling into a car and driving down there to cheer him on. I'm pleased to say they have given me the keys to their house:mac: I'm pleased to say they have a BIG screen TV.
aww heck...I'm just pleased:dance:
:edge: :bono: :heart: :larry: :adam:

el-e-va-tion

the house is next-door to a church ( son has a funny tale about that..another day) I hope the congregation like U2 too. Two houses of worship will be rocking this weekend.

awwww, I think there'll be a few tears too...much respect and a long-held admiration of those four talented lads from Dublin

woooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooo

Yay!

I wish I could see it again for the first time. I mean I wish I could have the first-time-seeing-it-on-a-big-screen jitters again. Well, you know what I mean. :huh:

trying to be..calm and collected

I have just checked out the RAGE gig guide for tonight.
**cass faints** a gift? for me?
awwww shucks
They are showing the clip of Hands That Built America on TV at 1.15 am tomorrow morning. I hope I am still awake. I won't be able to tape it, cause the guys don't have a VCR.
The song will just have to be a hit so they keep playing it. I haven't heard it yet.

IWasBored, I was thinking about you last night...indeed I was.:eyebrow: it's OK...happy thoughts..about daniel day lewis. I have been a fan of his for some time and last night stumbled upon a magazine article about the Scorcese movie. I hadn't read anthing about it. Phew , his character sounds heavy..woopsie daisy...chilling.
But the full page photo of daniel they chose!!! just wonderful. I was going to scan it for you, but I've been so busy tidying up to go away for the night, I can't find it at the moment.
Sizzling, you have probably seen it already.I didn't know he lived in Wicklow Co.....I really really REALLY want to go there.....one day.
Anyway , work to be done.I'm not jittery, more relieved. Hang on.....symptoms of jittery hysteria approaching.
cool , cool, be cool, breath.
My friend's band Airborne Blues Virus are playing just over the river...they'd keep me awake till 1 a.m.

Crikes I hope I can get their DVD player working...wouldn't that be a let down?:eeklaugh:
What to wear? woooooooohooooooooo a big :wink: :yes:
In for a penny............ :dance:
Thanks to Like02 for the clues to the easter egg hunt.
I think I'll go for the record of number of times DVD watched in a row.....Hand me that Guinness, I wannna make a record:combust:
I confess, teeny bit:hyper: :bow:

Re: trying to be..calm and collected

cass said:

IWasBored, I was thinking about you last night...indeed I was.:eyebrow: it's OK...happy thoughts..about daniel day lewis. I have been a fan of his for some time and last night stumbled upon a magazine article about the Scorcese movie. I hadn't read anthing about it. Phew , his character sounds heavy..woopsie daisy...chilling.
But the full page photo of daniel they chose!!! just wonderful. I was going to scan it for you, but I've been so busy tidying up to go away for the night, I can't find it at the moment.
Sizzling, you have probably seen it already.I didn't know he lived in Wicklow Co.....I really really REALLY want to go there.....one day.
Anyway , work to be done.I'm not jittery, more relieved. Hang on.....symptoms of jittery hysteria approaching.
cool , cool, be cool, breath.
My friend's band Airborne Blues Virus are playing just over the river...they'd keep me awake till 1 a.m.

WOW!!! awesome! you thought of me? cool!

yeah, his character in that movie was one scary, evil but complex bad guy...i love "gangs of ny"--enough to go see it twice, and coming from a person who generally doesn't go to the theatres more than twice a year, seeing the same movie twice means i really really liked...i doubt i've seen the picture, i haven't seen many pictures of day-lewis where he's not looking like a character in a movie. sucks that it got lost, though.

i didn't know he lived in wiclow co either, but then again, i don't really know where that is...

crikes I go away for the weekend...and I get moved

@ least they left a forwarding address...u know the joke about the kid coming home from school, parents have moved..etc.
anyway for I Was Bored...I don't think this belongs in the U2 area really. I am about to start posting pictures of all kinds of other people. I'll press on regardless.
I found the magazine. My youngest son had it because he has a fave actor at the moment and there is an article about him too :drool: .
so here ya go, the aforementioned pic

Attachments

• danield-l2.jpg
    danield-l2.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 37
I try to make the pics small , so as not to clutter the place up..Peace elvis

I made this avatar-sized. I'm not sure if this is how it works...but here goes

Attachments

• danield-liwb.jpg
    danield-liwb.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 33
PS: WicklowCo is where my female Irish ancestor is from. Iwant to know more about her

this is the charming fellow my son is interested in...and my sister and her girlfriends. I heard them at Christams time drooling over how mighty fine he looks in breeches...:tongue: :eeklaugh: at their age!!!

Attachments

• ioangruffudd2.jpg
    ioangruffudd2.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 35
aka

Horatio Hornblower...it's a TV series

Attachments

• ioanhornblower.jpg
    ioanhornblower.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 34
wish you were here

hello pamela.....it was such a fun and refreshing weekend...had a great big mirrorball. I only lasted 'till midnight , flaked out on the couch and woke up just as the U2 song "hands that built america" was ending..missed it by that much:huh: dang. Hoepfully next weekend, no, the weekend after that...one day.
But those tequila sunrises sure tasted good..what a lush. I had F.U.N.
cheers and tears and more cheers...gosh U2 are THE best imho
:larry: :adam: :bono: :edge: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

awesome! :combust:

i'd definetly not seen that picture before!

one question: in the first picture, what is that thing he's wearing? is it a coat? it looks like he's wrapped up in a big blanket *giggle*

hub is taking the scanner back to work this week. I want one

I mentioned my son's report in another thread..his SRE teacher likes him. I wonder what he'll make of this. We covered his book last week and I suggested getting a picture from an old National Geographic. He chose a balck &white photo of the nuclear bomb test at Bikini attol....interesting? He's a good kid...geting his hair cut after school today...YAY!!!! boy my boys have been good lately:yes: phew!!!
anyway...in case some fella wanders in to this girlie thread, I thought I'd post this photo article from the same magazine Daniel and Ioan were in ( my g'friend hands them on to me, I'm always behind with the news)
so here ya go...the pictorial history of the bikini...da bomb!

Attachments

• bikinihistory2.jpg
    bikinihistory2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 33
hello, glad you like it...I think he is taking a rest from filming"gangs" it appears to be an overcoat covered in snow flakes? although the 'blankie" sounds all cuddle and warm and mmmmmmmmpleasant
maybe I can pm you the big version of the pic? later
I have to fly and make school lunches etc...always outta time
the cass schoo nut
:)

i can't get a pm cos i'm still not a premium member (i'm lazy, i just haven't got around to that yet)...

ah, now i see how it's an overcoat

i think it might have had to be after "gangs of ny" was finished being filmed cos his hair is gone

my grandma sent me a past issue of newsweek that had an article on day-lewis. and a full page pictre...i don't have a scanner, so i'm going to go surf around to see if i can find that somewhere

well, I don't have a scanner now either

I just came to the computer room...the scanner is gone. I didn't know he was taking it TODAY!!! I had more luverly pics
probably just as well.
So has "Gangs of NY" the movie been released? It hasn't arrived at our theatre yet. I want to see it, I hope it's not too bloody.
Here I'm just reading about Daniel...he got bullied at school and left at age 13. "the physical violence didn't worry me so much... but it was the way they messed with your head that did me in.."
awwwwwwwwwwwwww.
He is the son of a poet laureate and his wife is Arthur Miller's daughter.He is a very private man They suggest he has been apprenticed to a cobbler in recent times. He won't discuss it.
I KNEW IT!!! cashew nut, cass schoo nut, cass shoe nut.:wink:
He was brilliant in my left foot, last of the mohicans ( my son used to dress up as Hawkeye) and name of the father( I love the dedicated follower of fashion scene..and the detail of the era, his leopard skin undies..it was a heavy scene, but those undies made me laugh)
anyway what I was getting around to..eventually
is posting a sliverchair pic for you

Attachments

• thechair.jpg
    thechair.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 21
your grandma sounds cool...ppl keep u2stuff for me. Nice eh?

I think this is part of Daniel's cure...
They are engaged now.
I can't go to the silverchair concert :( tickets go on sale this Thursday for anyone who can.:yes: :wave:

Attachments

• dan&nat.jpg
    dan&nat.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 21
and another thing...just one..i hope

this does have a little something to do with U2.
when they first appeared on stage witht eh "elevation" show there was some chat about the meaning of the numbers on Edge's shirt. He made the number seven popular ( and I want a sparkly guitar strap like the one in the video..I'd even have that 12 strings he gives a bit of a kick there...that scared me when he did that...his shoulders...ewwww, just like some I know, boy they are alike in appearance...and maybe temperament)
ANYWAY
when I first visited my son,in his new digs, I was delighted by the "sculpture" across the road. Signs , signs, everywhere signs.
U2! U2!:sexywink: lucky number?

Attachments

• batchpadnov02010.jpg
    batchpadnov02010.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 10
Re: well, I don't have a scanner now either

cass said:
I just came to the computer room...the scanner is gone. I didn't know he was taking it TODAY!!! I had more luverly pics
probably just as well.
So has "Gangs of NY" the movie been released? It hasn't arrived at our theatre yet. I want to see it, I hope it's not too bloody.
Here I'm just reading about Daniel...he got bullied at school and left at age 13. "the physical violence didn't worry me so much... but it was the way they messed with your head that did me in.."
awwwwwwwwwwwwww.
He is the son of a poet laureate and his wife is Arthur Miller's daughter.He is a very private man They suggest he has been apprenticed to a cobbler in recent times. He won't discuss it.
I KNEW IT!!! cashew nut, cass schoo nut, cass shoe nut.:wink:
He was brilliant in my left foot, last of the mohicans ( my son used to dress up as Hawkeye) and name of the father( I love the dedicated follower of fashion scene..and the detail of the era, his leopard skin undies..it was a heavy scene, but those undies made me laugh)
anyway what I was getting around to..eventually
is posting a sliverchair pic for you

:lol: about that cass shoe nut/ cobbler thing!

"gangs of ny" has been out in the u.s. for a while, it just left theatres where i live, which is probably good cos now i won't be tempted to go see it again :D

it is REALLY bloody, but it's really worth seeing. my mom wouldn't go see it because of that; she said that she'd wait until it's out on video and then have me watch it with her to tell her when not to look.

"my left foot" and "in the name of the father" were amazing, and i don't know how many other people could have delivered a line like "i think you and i are going to have a disagreement" (in "last of the mohicans") and not look stupid. the leopard skin underwear was really funny, and i was sitting there watching it like "haha! that's the funniest thing! oh wait...i mean, they've got them lined up at gun point, perhaps i shouldn't be laughing, this is a rather serious movie".

i liked "the boxer" quite a bit too...

:up: to day-lewis for being a private person. gotta respect that.

being bullied sucks. one reason i'm glad to be through with riding the school bus.

SILVERCHAIR!! whoohoo! sucks that you can't go see them though, i wish i could. i played "luv your life" on my radio show on friday and talked way too much about the album. i hate it when djs talk too much, but i'm afraid i might turn into one of them :eek:

Back
Top Bottom