Tomorrow has the best opening I ever heard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
I love the first minute of Tomorrow...one of the most haunting and beautiful pieces...the pipes and the simple track, it hits home

Unlike the majority of interlanders, I loves me some October, start to finish. And, so, agreed, the first minute of Tomorrow is, to me, gorgeous...the whole song is haunting.

:drool: I've been listening to October the last few days in my car. I know it's been mentioned on the site before when speculating about the next album's sound, but I'd just been thinking this weekend that I'd really love to hear the band come up with a few new songs that incorporate some of the more traditional Celtic sound - which is what the opening of 'Tomorrow' always makes me think of. :love:

October is my second favorite U2 song and this song as well as Rejoice still amaze me each time I hear it.

Tomorrow is one of my favourite songs, I also love the Remake from the late 90s. For personal reasons, the song means so much to me. Haven't listened to the album in a while, but the song October is simply beautiful, so simple and deep.

The October --> Tomorrow segue that U2 used at a number of War Tour shows is really, really haunting. It's superior to the much more famous October --> NYD segue too.

Axver said:
The October --> Tomorrow segue that U2 used at a number of War Tour shows is really, really haunting. It's superior to the much more famous October --> NYD segue too.

Fully agree with that one. Have to give the whole album an airing pretty soon i think.

Axver said:

:up: :up:

ah, Tommorow:heart: it was love after first listening,not only intro but also that transition to fast, energetic tempo with powerful drums.... I can't explain it accurately,

Aardvark747 said:
Fully agree with that one. Have to give the whole album an airing pretty soon i think.

Everyone should give the whole album a spin! It's so undeservedly overlooked. Come on, people. Gloria, I Threw A Brick, Rejoice, Fire, Tomorrow, the title track, Scarlet - quality through and through. The band's earnest enthusiasm and sincerity is just about tangible.

It's a great sing-along album too. You just have to belt out stuff like Gloria, Fire, With A Shout, and REEEEEEEEEEEEJOICE!!

Axver said:

Everyone should give the whole album a spin! It's so undeservedly overlooked. Come on, people. Gloria, I Threw A Brick, Rejoice, Fire, Tomorrow, the title track, Scarlet - quality through and through. The band's earnest enthusiasm and sincerity is just about tangible.

It's a great sing-along album too. You just have to belt out stuff like Gloria, Fire, With A Shout, and REEEEEEEEEEEEJOICE!!

Agreed totally , the album is just:drool:
Except...Stranger In A Strange Land:wink:

Larry`s drumming is at it`s pure best throughout the whole album.
I wonder if Larry could still play Rejoice as he used to????

Cheers ,

Mauwer

October is a great album, I prefer it to Boy. Tomorrow is a masterpiece. Rejoice is an excellent rocker.

djerdap said:
October is a great album, I prefer it to Boy.

I just hope on the next tour a tune or two gets played from October.
And I hope it`s not only Gloria , although Gloria is always:drool:

It would be interesting if the October album gets the attention the Boy album got on the Vertigo tour.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

:up: :up:

I have a distinct love for the October album. October was where my love for U2 went rather hardcore. Definitely.

I mean I liked them when I heard Boy, but at the time my worry was that they wouldn't be able to follow up properly, and I think October was a brilliant followup.

Just remembering what it was like to get a new album from U2 almost every year back then :drool:

i too discovered tomorrow on the 90's remake. maybe its been awhile but im not sure the version in that link is the same one i remember. I just listened to october on my cross country road trip and it was great. early on i didnt like it too much but now its one of my favs.

god that clip sounds postively horrible...does anyone have a full length version...I'd like to give it a chance but if it's in the style I like to dub "Lounge Singer Bono", I doubt it stands up to the original...

gabrielvox said:
god that clip sounds postively horrible...does anyone have a full length version...I'd like to give it a chance but if it's in the style I like to dub "Lounge Singer Bono", I doubt it stands up to the original...

That clip isn't representative of the whole performance. The Common Ground version is actually even more "Celtic" sounding than the original.

yeah that new version was much better. it didnt have that guitar rock off at the end like the album version. id love to hear it again

I didn't discover October until recently, but I've been listening to it very often in last weeks, I love it, it's on 2nd place in U2 albums for me now. Listening to October album makes me want to bang on something...

Back
Top Bottom