Tomorrow Appreciation Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Azor

Refugee
One of my favorite songs, and, for me, the best in October (album). I heard that Bono written the song for his mother and lyrically is full of sadness: "There's a black car parked at the side of the road, thew knock at the door" :sad: I love the climax, when Edge and Larry join with that raw of energy "I want you to be back tomorrow" :drool: God, beautiful song. Edges solo is fantastic.

Who agrees? :wink:

"I'm gonna be there, mother" :rockon:..... :sad:

I thought we were appreciating tomorrow cos tomorrow will be another beautiful day. :sigh:

Seriously, great song! Lovely irish folk influence! :up:

Pyramidian said:
I thought we were appreciating tomorrow cos tomorrow will be another beautiful day. :sigh:

Seriously, great song! Lovely irish folk influence! :up:

Yeah! I forgot to say that, very celtic-irish :drool: U2 make us remember their roots.

at first i didn't like this song, but one night I listened to it thoroughly and fell in love with it :heart:

incredible song to be honest. this song rocks

Have they ever played this live?

I agree by the way, this is October's best song.

God Part III said:

Thank you very much, I'd love it!

puntervold@hotmail.com

Here ;) delete the space between and type "mp3" before ".html"....damn, i guess I'm not uploading again in rapid share :huh:

hxxp://rapid share.de/files/5884192/U2_-_Tomorrow__Live_.html

Last edited:
I'll never forget listening to this song for the first time. I was playing my cassette tape of October in my car and I was totally unprepared for how emotional Tomorrow was. I'm not one of those people who cry at music or movies and stuff, but I started to tear up big time.

I really love this song. First of all, it's the only song of theirs that's remotely Irish sounding to be honest. I like both the album and also the live version with the guy playing some kind of pan pipe. It's such a sad song too. :( The lyrics are very simple and honest and I think that makes them more impacting etc...Also the very last verse is pretty telling about why he may have gotten so intensely into religion in their early years, imo.

I wasn't all that fond of the song but after reading this thread I listened again. It's sad and soulful. I like it. Makes me think of my dad and I miss him the way Bono misses his mum.

Azor said:

Here ;) delete the space between and type "mp3" before ".html"....damn, i guess I'm not uploading again in rapid share :huh:

hxxp://rapid share.de/files/5884192/U2_-_Tomorrow__Live_.html

I didn't get this work at all... But thanks anyway :)

Btw, don't matter about the link. I found a live version in Music on the Internet.

Back
Top Bottom