Today I had right in front of me, U2's Big

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NicaMom

Den Mother
Well my heart is where it's always been, my head i
Elevation Airplane!!!!
Well, it wasn't THAT close, here are some pics:
U2Air3.jpg

U2Air2.jpg

U2Air1.jpg

The plane was sitting at the Van Nuys airport.
We also drove by the Staples around 2 pm and the GA line had about 150+ people.
It was cold and a little bit rainy at times,I hope the fans kept warm and dry.

Ms. McP, I'll e-mail you soon.
smile.gif

Cool! They are parking at Van Nuys Airport again....Thats a good place to try to catch them after the Sacto show as they will probably do a hit & run there and fly back to LA.

Excatly two hours til elevation for me!!! I am meeeting a friend who has my ticket for the nosebleeds at 8:15. Just a pleasure to be in the house, and its a free ticket which is way cool.

Hope you have fun at your show NicaMom!

Originally posted by NicaMom:
We also drove by the Staples around 2 pm and the GA line had about 150+ people.
It was cold and a little bit rainy at times,I hope the fans kept warm and dry.

Holy shit!! That's so not fair at ALL. In Hamilton we had our 300th at what? like 10:00 or something.

Have an awesome time Camilo!
My hubby is on his way to tonight's show, he's suppossed to call me on the cell phone when U2 takes the stage
Skeek, I know, I was surprised there weren't too many people in line.
The down side of seeing U2 in LA is that they'll have a lot of VIP people in the heart, that means less fans in there.

NicaMom - if you had put a post with this topic in PLEBA you would've had a whole different range of responses!
wink.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by Crzy4Bono:
NicaMom - if you had put a post with this topic in PLEBA you would've had a whole different range of responses!
wink.gif

Look what happened to my "Larry Spoke to Me" post in PLEBA! lmao!

cool pics NicaMom!

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

www.geocities.com/u2_celebrate/u2_celebration.html

Actually, U2 don't have ANY jets. They're rented, from charter companies, with vinyl stickers slapped on. If you check my post of Elevation Air images, and click the "before/during/after" links, you'll see the same airframes with and without the badges - same basic paint jobs, just missing the U2 emblems.

Pity there's a wire(?) running across that second pic, PRECISELY where the registration number is. Do you, by any chance, have a clearer shot of the engine, showing the number painted on it, or remember what the number was? (the second shot, an inch higher or lower, probably would have been PERFECT!) It's definately the same charter company, but it kind of looks like a different reg. number...

Just so y'all know, that line estimate was a little off... I showed up at 9a.m. and I was number 210... it was definately worth the wait.

That's so cool, NicaMom, we are only about 10 min from Van Nuys airport, we're staying with my Aunt, and we may just have to drive by and check it out!!!
And about the GA line, we were there at 6am, and we were already 88-89, at about 11 I went to the bathroom and some guys had 300 and 305 on their hands, so it was pretty crowded. You probably didn't see the line wrapped around in those barriers they put up, that was the best idea anyone has ever had! Thanks Staples for making it a great day!!!

There you go again nicamom.... just last night I said to my boys I've known people to live in old buses and train carriages, why not disused aircraft?(I saw footage of hundreds lined up in the desert somewhere) If we landed one in the backyard we could use it as a music room(not sure about acoustics, but hey, it would keep the rain off and if it was the right disused plane it may even have a jacuzzi.)
So.....I would like to put an order in for the one with the suitcase motif on the tail.I'm sure it would have atmosphere.I'm paving round my house at the moment and was considering discreetly including a U2 motif. If I continue it could serve as a landing strip...well it could...maybe.Ideas woman
biggrin.gif

Thanks for posting nicamom.

Lmfao @ Abel!!! Sorry Abel!! HAHHAHHAH!!
Thanks for the email, Nicamom! I'm going over there tomorrow morning, and before the show on the 19th!
That plane musta flew over my house practically! Whoo hoo!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Back
Top Bottom