To shade or not to shade- should Bono wear glasses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The idea of Bono in shades is one that has been around for years. Since the days of ZooTV a Bono with big black fly glasses has been imbeaded into our brains. This however did not end with the ZooTV era.. it spread into the POP era as well. This seemed to go along with the POP idea or being trendy and COOL so we thought not much of it. Then came ATYCLB and the glasses stayed!!Inerviews with the POPE and major political icons and the glasses stayed. Should we say "give it a rest Bono"? After listening to an 80-90's station called "The Point " based out of Xenia Ohio that thought came to mind. As the DJ said " Hey Bono isnt it time to losse the glasses". Would the Bono we all know and love be the same Bono without the shades, he once was but could he be again.

So my question is... Do you think Bono Should Keep the glasses or lose them?

Ry

I'm partial to his eyes, so I say no shades! Hey, no shades can be his 'new look' :lol: ;)

2002Bono.jpg

:love: :heart:

Last edited:
with shades, without shades... that does not affect to Bono, He will continue being the same, but now he is known like the rockstar of the shades, a good change would be to undo of them

that he shows his beautiful eyes to us, that would not be bad

I don't mind his shades if he's not participating in a taped tv appearance or giving a speech. If he's just being Bono elsewhere, or even on stage, the shades don't really bother me. :shrug:

my favorite look was when his did not wear them on the "tribute to heroes" taping of "walk on".

also, the recent appearence at the oscars.

I've always thought Bono looks like a cool cat with the sunglasses.

I really liked the ones that are tinted diff. colors. I admit to buying some yellow-tinted ones once just because they looked like the ones Bono used to wear....

^^:lol:

I don't really care either way, he's still the same.....but people are starting (well i guess for a while) to think he's wearing them 'cause he doesn't like his normal look (wanna be younger...etc!!)!! wait ..a ..minute...that can't be true:lol:......this IS turning into PLEBA!:wink:

Looove his eyes, but I'm quite partial to the dark red shades...

[/pleba-ish comment]

As long as I can see his eyes, it's good - you couldn't with the Fly glasses, so those are my least favorite. The more recent tinted versions look nice on him, and the *naked* baby blues are always :drool:

[/PLEBAmoment]

I looove shades
shades are cool :happy:
I'd say he should keep them... I think it is also a part of keeping his official Bono Persona and the private Paul persona seperated :)
my favs so far where the Fly shades.. the bubbly ones
I dig the shades :up:
hope he keeps them

(the most thing I look forward to when it turns summer is the fact taht the guys in teh cities start wearing shades again :D)

Saracene said:
I'd say keep the shades if only for me to be extra-delighted when he does take them off, :)

I know what you mean by this! Him wearing them all the time makes it such a thrill when he does show us his eyes! I was standing in front of him at the tip of the heart in Baltimore when he took them off, and OH MY THUD!!! :drool: It was a beautiful thing how he slowly removed them, then slowly opened his eyes until we could see the whites, the blue, the pupils and the sparkles glowing in the spotlights, then blinked and looked around with the sweetest smile and expression on his face! The way he did it was almost like someone who had been blind and was suddenly able to see again and they were so happy! It gave me the chills and all the girls standing nearby squealed!

But still, if he must wear them, I hope he wears them less frequently because those eyes are so pretty! :love: :cute:

Schmeg said:
Looove his eyes, but I'm quite partial to the dark red shades...

[/pleba-ish comment]

Same goes for me!! Although I also think he looks real good in just plain black glasses. He looks amazing in them. Not shades like he wore during Zoo TV, I mean like the shades he wore in the 'Beautiful Day' video. Now they were niiiiiiiiice.

(His hair looked best in that video too.....)

:yes:

a-mole said:
I think it is also a part of keeping his official Bono Persona and the private Paul persona seperated :)

Exactly.

Those shades add some mystery to him, that's part of what makes him so intriguing to people.

Originally posted by a-mole
my favs so far where the Fly shades.. the bubbly ones

The Fly shades were just plain cool. They just added to the whole character of the Fly.

I like the blueish-tinted shades as well.

I would like to see his nice blue eyes more often, though.

But like everyone else has said, he'll still be the same ol' Bono we all know and love, shades or no shades.

And that's the most important thing.

Angela

It's a toss-up for me. I love being able to see his eyes, but I certainly understand why he would wear the shades. Just putting on a pair of sunglasses makes me automatically feel cool, and I imagine it's the same for Bono. And he DOES look cool in them! :cool:

carey02 said:

Same goes for me!! Although I also think he looks real good in just plain black glasses. He looks amazing in them. Not shades like he wore during Zoo TV, I mean like the shades he wore in the 'Beautiful Day' video. Now they were niiiiiiiiice.

:combust:
*refrains from more pleba comments*

Shades, no shades...Whatever! I'd still love him! :bono:

carey02 said:

I second that...well 3rd that I guess since Schmeg kind of seconded it already.

Im all about the fly shades to, I mean if he is gonna wear em keep the fly shades. I have a pair my self lol, I love em. I think though the clear ones kinda take away from the Bono persona, her tends to look a bit more aged with the clear ones, That and he needs to not shave, I saw a pic of him where he had shaved and the lines of time seem to show in his face a little to much, I refuse to accept that Bono is getting old, To me he will always remain the Bono of 1992-1994.

he needs the shades because he's allergic to i-don't-know-what chemical...the sun glasses keep his eyes from bursting into tears every now and then

Back
Top Bottom