TO BUBBA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbi16

War Child
Att: I noticed you closed the thread as I finished typing this but now I'm not just gonna throw it away, I'm just gonna post it and close it cause I want to get my 2 cents in, after spending all this time typing it.

Before I post I will admit that I have not read all of the posts because well they have gotten rather redundant. But I do wanna share my view of things, and not change anyone's opinions or beliefs because everyone is entitled to them, Bubba you obviously don't seem to respect that thus why keep posting over and over again. You've made your case, some people were not convinced by it after reading it and giving it thought, now give it up.
Now to my OPINION on the situation.

First the events of 9/11 were tragic and deliberate attacks, there is no denying that. Yes whoever is responsible for doing them should be punished, but punishment alone is not going to solve the problem at hand. Understanding the problem so that a long-term solution may be achieved is the only solution. And while I condemn the acts of violence that occurred the other day I also condemn the acts of violence that occurred previous to 9/11, some that our government, the US, carried out. You seem to be quick to say that we deserve revenge but take away the right of the people affected by US actions and policies to retaliate, and they are as human as we are. They have families and daughters and sons that have also been killed. While I agree that this act of violence cannot be justified, then you must agree that if we retaliate with bombs to innocent people like they've done and we've done in the past (except we don't get that kind of news coverage, you know the objective type, cause it would implicate that we are as barbaric as they are, thus we don't know about it) then our acts could not be justified either. Like you are angry at their actions they are angry at ours but your anger is justifiable, well because its yours.

So understanding that we are helping arm people that kill Palestinians, that we train people to commit acts of terrorism for us, that we place our armies in in the home/country of other people (while our constitution will not even allow our own armies in our homes), that we force government policies on them that they do not believe to be fair, and that we only get away with these things because of our economic status in the world should provide some insight into what can be done to prevent further attacks. We are not saying that the US is solely responsible for the attack, we are saying that its actions were a catalyst. Why were these problems not resolved peacefully? Why did these people resort to such drastic matters to get our attention? Because it couldn't be done any other way. The news won't report it, and send a delegate to try to reach an agreement? Who are trying to kid, whatever he says will go in one ear and out the other because he is in no power to make demands. So while yes they should be punished, they have come this far and are obviously not going to back down. What are more thousands of lives lost gonna solve? Absolutely nothing if the root of the problem is not fixed.

Drawing lines as if this were a football match is more than inappropriate, call me a terrorist sympathizer if you like, but a human life is human life whether or not it is the enemies' life or our own. Just because this happened in a country that is not used to these kind of activities it does not make the terrorist attacks on other parts of the world any less important, nor does it make this more violent. While yes this is not something that should be spreading it is obviously something that America has been acting as if it were immune to it, and this failure to recognize it as a threat has obviously made its wake up much harsher. But to call this an "unprovoked act of war" is outta of line and reveals how ignorant you are to actions of your country, and to scream for blood makes you no better than the terrorist.

So what this sympathizer is trying to say is that killing is wrong no matter who does it or what scale it is done. And that these kinds of actions could be avoided with greater communication and appropriate and humane responses to the concerns brought up, instead of just paying lip service and looking the other way.

-Marina B. I.

Now why can I not close this topic? Can some administrator pleae do me the favor?

-Marina B. I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom