to be a FLY on the wall...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
okay, they've been around for 25 years. They've had a multitude of books, articles, papers, and what-not written about them. They've had enough pictures taken to make any of them blind from the flashes. We think we know U2....but do we? :confused:

It's a little voyeruistic, but if you could have been a fly on the wall.....when/where do you most wish you could have been around to listened to them talk about... [fill in the blank]???

for me: either when they were deciding to break up after JT, or what the REAL reason was for Edge's first breakup.

I've just always been curious! :slant:

what about you?

[color=royal blue]OMD.....what an interesting question.

Well I respect their privacy.....

but if I were to beg & crawl on the sheer face of Bono like a fly on the wall........

I would say that time bt JT and AB.....trying to figure out where the band was going.....that'd be interesting. Although maybe kinda scary!

Or maybe during the writing of something like "One" or something...
[/color]

I would have to when they are making an album or right after the get of the stage before the encores. I have always wondered what they do and what they talk about then. I know we had a glance with RH but Im still curious!

I would have loved to be around right at the beginning when they were just starting out.
Plus then I woulg get to see Larry turning the hose on all the girls trying to watch rehearsals. :D

Jody said:
I would have loved to be around right at the beginning when they were just starting out.
Plus then I woulg get to see Larry turning the hose on all the girls trying to watch rehearsals. :D

:lol: That would have been definitely worth watching. :D

And when Gavin created MacPhisto and then the first reaction of Larry, Adam and Edge on the new band member. :lol:

Backstage after Boton 4 (6.9.02)

(referring to the infamous Diamond escapades)

Bono: Bloody hell! What tha fek was that!?!?

Edge: I thought you knew him!

Adam: I thought he was coming for me!

Larry: How does my hair look?

John the security guy: Ouch! That bastard's big! I'm getting too old for this! I thought U2 fans were MELLOW!

bono-vox said:
Oh i woulda have liked to be with them during when Rattle and Hum was made :D

:lol: "It's a musical journey!"

Man, it's been a year since I've watched my R&H DVD. I think I'm overdue!

I would've loved to be a fly on the wall during the recording of an album, particularly JT or AB. I think it would also be great to go around on tour with them.

Definatley recording AB, but maybe even recording ATYCLB. Just to see what they were doing for this greatly anticipated album. However, I think Achtung Baby takes the cake. to be in Berlin during that time, also! Think of it! The transformation of one band, one city and one world all in a couple years. Mindblowing. If only I'd been paying attention the first time, but I was only like 7 or 8 then. Ah, no excuse!

MiniFly said:
Ah,cut yer whining, all you pop stars, or else Bono will do his Anti-Christos thing and Larry will kick yer collective arses. Once they're done, Edge will rewire your brain and turn you into a roadie for Naiomi Campbell. Then, since you're connected to Naiomi, Adam will smack you around with his bass. Ha.

:laugh:ROFLL:laugh:

the question.. ehm.. anytime, all the time, whatever. I'd take anything. i'd like to be backstage after a phenom show, and also after a shit show. i'd like to see bono as he improvises RTSS on the lyrics or as they pound streets almost into the ground..on stage with them when the stadiums for Pop were empty, and when they brought Pop to sarajevo. with B in nicaragua when the lyrics for Bullet evolved, or when he was writing NY so I could slap his wrists over the whole can of mace thing that drives me nutty. yeah i'd be a fly on the wall anywhere, i dont care. i could learn something from anywhere i saw them.

Back
Top Bottom