To Answer The Last Thread's Question, No (AKA New Album Speculation)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They might as well announce Zooropa as a "new song" because no one will even know what the fuck they're playing, save 5% of the audience.

I can't afford to see them, but the thought of them playing it does warm the cockles. Prediction: (if they play it at all, that is) it is played twice and then dropped due to mass indifference.

I think playing Zooropa will lead us to the release of the Achtung Baby/Zooropa reissue. Just like playing the Unforgettable fire at the start of the 360 tour in support of that album reissue.

However, I'm very, VERY, glad they played a rare song again. And with Out of Control as part of that setlist too there's little hope the band will get experimental again. So..... RELEASE a new album in May!!!

I had that thought yesterday, too. Are they going to spring a Zooropa reissue at or around the same time as AB? They should; that would rule.

Hopefully they'll get to the second half of Zooropa. The first half sounded amazing. I imagine that the Zooropa reissue will come out at the same time as AB; they fit together. They released the forst three at the same time, so it would make sense to do AB and Zooropa (and OST 1) together.

Am I the only one surprised they've not played Disappearing Act live? It's easily my favorite song they've released in the 00s.

Probably unrelated but from all reports, today being Monday meant yesterday was Sunday and tomorrow is Tuesday, also.

And Sunday Bloody Sunday is a U2 song. Sunday is used twice in the title and there is a two in U2's name. Two plus two is four and April, THE MONTH WE ARE CURRENTLY IN, is the fourth month! Wake up people! The clues are there!

The acronym for trending on Twitter is TOT, like Tater Tots. Which are made from potatoes, an obvious reference to the tragic potato famine in Ireland. And who's from Ireland? U2.
And I suppose its just a coincidence that "YouTube" sounds so much like "U2"?? They put that clip there so you would know!
May 27th people. Proven with logic.
This is fun.

Hopefully they'll get to the second half of Zooropa. The first half sounded amazing.
What do you mean? Did your youtube feed cutout on you?

I imagine that the Zooropa reissue will come out at the same time as AB; they fit together. They released the forst three at the same time, so it would make sense to do AB and Zooropa (and OST 1) together.
None of the first three got the super deluxe treatment, AB will, so I doubt they'll release them together...

Am I the only one surprised they've not played Disappearing Act live?
Probably. :wink:

The great thing about them playing Zooropa is that it really throws the doors open. EBTTRT is great, but it's not exactly left field. Zooropa though... now everyone who writes something like "They should bring back Mofo!" followed by "Ha ha - who am I kidding" might actually have a shot.

The less than stellar audience reaction, surely the band being in the dark has a lot to do with that? I know Zooropa is really one for the more hardcore fan, and the Best Of crowd wouldn't have a clue, but still - how many might have even thought it was just coming over the PA? Just simple spotlights on the band and I bet that reaction would have been ten times as good.

The great thing about them playing Zooropa is that it really throws the doors open. EBTTRT is great, but it's not exactly left field. Zooropa though... now everyone who writes something like "They should bring back Mofo!" followed by "Ha ha - who am I kidding" might actually have a shot.

The major difference of course is that Mofo is from Pop, and Zooropa isn't. I'd say it stands at more of a disadvantage.

The major difference of course is that Mofo is from Pop, and Zooropa isn't. I'd say it stands at more of a disadvantage.

I agree 100%. But if they DID take a gamble on Mofo I'm certain the audience reaction would be off the charts (even if 95% didn't have a clue what the song was).
I love Zooropa but it's a chilled out, mid-tempo ambient song and the psychedelic light show seemed to leave some of the audience in a hypnotic trance (I'm sure one or two dropped acid for a great trip lol).

I see a pattern so start sucking on the Halls mr Hewson we want a slice of...

017732_10_1297322143.jpg

I said Halls btw...

None of the first three got the super deluxe treatment, AB will, so I doubt they'll release them together...

They got 2cd hardcover reissues and they fit together, so I don't see why the same wouldn't happen with the early/mid 90s stuff.

Just because AB will get a super deluxe thing doesnt mean that the other two wont get regular deluxe editions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom