To Answer The Last Thread's Question, No (AKA New Album Speculation)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, it was late at night and maybe I wasn't thinking clearly.

I still think "Zooropa" is a strange 'stand alone' song. What I mean by that is that it's a fantastic song, but I think it works better within the context of the album it's on. It'd be strange to hear it rub up against "Pride" or something, for instance.

I'm having a hard time articulating my feelings about it, apparently, so don't mind me...

Zooropa is their best song and they should play it. The tour has no theme; it's a greatest hits show that, for some reason, Scarlet thinks it can tag along with. Why the fuck are they still playing that song? It's OK, but easily the most forgettable song of their early records. Actually, I like it a lot on October...but of all the mellow songs to play live they choose that one?

Because Walk On is still tied to the lady whose name I'm not going to attempt to spell, and it makes more sense to have a lead-in singing rejoice for her freedom rather than a prayer that she be released soon?

corianderstem said:
Because Walk On is still tied to the lady whose name I'm not going to attempt to spell, and it makes more sense to have a lead-in singing rejoice for her freedom rather than a prayer that she be released soon?

Reason and common sense. :tsk:

They could have attached her to better songs than walk on and rejoice. It's a bit of a dis, really. Poor lady.

I bet she wishes her release were linked to Playboy Mansion. Man, when it comes to setlists, U2 dis even their famous fans.

Hollow Island, you do realize she was the inspiration for Walk On in the first place right?

Hollow Island, you do realize she was the inspiration for Walk On in the first place right?

Yeah, right, she inspired that vague, cliched giberish. I don't detect any inspiration at all in that one, aside from spitting out some sentimental drivel to get a hit, and then hit the crapper because the laxatives were kicking in and Bono doesn't like to sully his leathers.

I know her name is in the booklet. Doesn't mean a damn thing, and it's still a shitty song.

Well, at least you can't deny that Scarlet was inspired by the hottie from G.I. Joe.

Yeah, right, she inspired that vague, cliched giberish. I don't detect any inspiration at all in that one, aside from spitting out some sentimental drivel to get a hit, and then hit the crapper because the laxatives were kicking in and Bono doesn't like to sully his leathers.

I know her name is in the booklet. Doesn't mean a damn thing, and it's still a shitty song.

This should be fun
:corn:

Dissenting opinions are one thing, but I really don't get why someone who only spews vitriol would even spend time in such a niche forum.

She should be insulted that the biggest band since the Beatles wrote a song about her, made it a single, and energised fans allerting them to her cause. She should feel insulted that they play it in homage to her every night, and that they encouraged fans to wear masks with her face on them. She should be disgusted that they raised millions of dollars for her plight, and gained millions of signatures on petitions for her release. She should be outraged that now that she is free that they play the song in celebration, rather than hope, and that they precede it with a call of rejoice.

I don't know why she hasn't yet started up a facebook group saying "fuck you Bono, the song you wrote about me sucks, and I feel insulted".

Get a life genious

answer is ___

a. trolling
b. sad, boring life
c. retarded
d. any combination of the above

Hey, I didn't bring up walk on, I was questioning Scarlet being in the set and was pretty positive about the song! I really like it, it's just a fucked up choice to play live regularly since they have so many other, better chilled out songs. They should play Zooropa instead. First half is mellow as fuck, and it sounded fantastic. It's criminal that they keep it away from the masses and give them Walk On instead.

Your use of the word retarded as an insult is extremely offensive, by the way.

And however sad you think my life may be, at least I can tell shit song when I hear one!

Anyone who thinks I think Lady Burma should be offended or anything is an idiot. I just question that it was actually written for her, because it's not very...well, it's not about anything! It's sub-Hallmark tripe. I think they just attached her name to it to raise awareness, which is great. I'd not heard of her. If not for Walk On, I might not have seen Rambo 4, one of the greatest action movies of all time.

I don't even think that Walk On is in there because they feel it is in their best 24 songs to play live at the moment. It is in there to document this moment in history. Before Aung San Suu Kyi was released, U2 played the song they wrote for her to support her claims. When she was released they played it to represent the joy of the occasion. If Promenade was written for her they would be playing it just as much because they are choosing to symbolise THIS moment, not play 'walk on' for any reason other than it is about her.

Zooropa is one of my favorite songs and easily one of U2's best IMO. I think it would be pretty easy to fit into the show if they did it right. They could have it opening an encore like Ultraviolet did. Maybe something like Zooropa ->Ultraviolet -> Mysterious Ways or something. It would be good w/ a few early AB/Zooropa songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom