To all who did listen to the leaked album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
How would you rate it compared to other U2 albums? Where does it fit in terms of quality?

Its hard to compare to other albums cause I've had over a decade to digest Achtung Baby, and its still my favorite album. In terms of after about 10 listens, this is up there with JT and AB. Is it better? I dont know, only time will tell. But seriously, for me at least, there are NO weak tracks on this album. NONE...its so great. ATYCLB was incredible to me, but after buying it and playing it straight through once or twice, I started going for the tracks I really liked and just repeated them a lot. With the Bomb, I am playing the whole album straight through, over and over again. What a brilliant effort by the greatest band ever!!

U2girl said:
How would you rate it compared to other U2 albums? Where does it fit in terms of quality?

Mislim, da je njihov najboljši, kak se še lahko zadržuješ pred poslušanjem:madspit: , ne res vsaka ti čast:wink:

It´s a weird mix between some Acthung Baby and ATYCLB, but in the end is pretty new, is not a re-issue of any other U2 album. Worth listen, very nice album. For me, the best songs are Miracle Drug, Sometimes..., City Of Blinding Ligths, All Because Of You, Crumbs For Your Table and Original Of The Species.
Is not the best U2 album indeed, but is better than ATYCLB.

:wave:

Re: Re: To all who did listen to the leaked album

MatejU2 said:

Mislim, da je njihov najboljši, kak se še lahko zadržuješ pred poslušanjem:madspit: , ne res vsaka ti čast:wink:

I second that. :wink:
U2Girl can you post your email here?

Last edited:
It's much better than ATYCLB, that´s all I'm able to say for the moment...

I listened to AB for the first time ten years ago and now rank it as a masterpiece.

I have only listened to the new album for 24 hours, it´s great but I have no idea if it will faint as quickly as ATYCLB (though I don´t think so) or suddenly shine as Pop did (after I listened to some of the songs live...)

Ask me again in a couple of years - but for now: It´s marvellous :)

I'm hearing exactly what I read that it's a mixture of all their album era's. Plus new sounds. My opinion listening right now to Yahweh is slightly similar to JT album sound and or maybe POP.
There's hints of Zooropa, and Im still trying to analyze Love and Peace or Else. I'm really loving it. Heavy guitar to soft to heavy again. There's a lot here and it's hard at this stage to pin it down to any one sound or influence. It changes even within the song. If that makes any sense. Some slight hints of ATYCLB on ABOY. These are strictly my opinions and is subject to change with the more I listen.
They've really outdone themselves on this album. Can't wait to get the DVD and hear where they say certain songs influence's come from.:wink:

Re: Re: Re: To all who did listen to the leaked album

markoajda said:

I second that. :wink:
U2Girl can you post your email here?
only for markoajda
And I was the first who tell about new songs:wink:

msvagelj @ yahoo. co. uk

:) Sej je itak samo še dva tedna do izida albuma (mogoče zdej še manj, če bojo izid premaknili).
Je pa zmeraj težje, ko berem, kako so vsi navdušeni :D

Its far too early to rate it to other albumes they've done - it'll take years to appreciate how good it is (or not). But the songs are strong, Bono's voice is strong and all the guys playing is superb and totally on-form. Some of Adam's best playing on any album is present here and Edge has found a whole rack of new guitar sounds whilst managing to still sound distinctly "Edge-like".

But the main thing is the songs are fantastic. Each listen is revealing something new. ATYCLB had some great songs in it, but IMO HTDAAB has 11 better and stronger songs overall.

It's truly amazing - I also don't invoke AB lightly - it's my favorite album of all-time and has been since it came out. But HTDAAB has lived up to and gone beyond the hype for me.

Astounding.

The problem with this album is that the first 6 songs are so good, that you are waiting for a dissapointment when you start listening to song 7 or 8...
And I think the majority will say that the second part of the album is weaker. It doesn't have a "The Fly" to "wake up" the album. (So what the Fly did on AB after WGRYWH and SC)

So no, it is not as exciting as AB or JT but it's definately a masterpiece IMO

For me it is atmospheric like UF and lyrically heavy like AB. There is a ton of emotion in Bono's singing. That being said I think this album is the most complete album they have ever done. Even songs that have been rated as weak by others are very good to me. For those who have not heard the album yet I predict that you will really really ejoy it....I am not going to say it will blow your mind....it is just really really really good IMO...by the way right now I am really digging Yahweh.

I was thinking about what made this album great for me.

1. It took a few listens to really grasp its power. It's a complex album
2. No song on this album would be considered weak. I mean, you wouldn't skip over anything.

I love it. I don't know how it compares to AB or JT, because they are all different albums for me. I hope everyone out there can see the greatness of this album, like I do.

RademR said:
Its hard to compare to other albums cause I've had over a decade to digest Achtung Baby, and its still my favorite album. In terms of after about 10 listens, this is up there with JT and AB. Is it better? I dont know, only time will tell. But seriously, for me at least, there are NO weak tracks on this album. NONE...its so great. ATYCLB was incredible to me, but after buying it and playing it straight through once or twice, I started going for the tracks I really liked and just repeated them a lot. With the Bomb, I am playing the whole album straight through, over and over again. What a brilliant effort by the greatest band ever!!

My thoughts exactly. It's hard to pick favourite songs 'cause they're all so damn good!! It's a rare thing when every song on an album is great, and that in itself should put HTDAAB at the top.

It's hard to compare to other albums, as it has elements of basically every U2 album but definatley has its own identity. Whatever U2 album is your favourite there's a song for you on there... LAPOE is like Pop, ABOY is like AB, AMAAW is like War, OSC is like UF, CFYT is like ATYCLB, ect... I dunno. The whole thing is great.

Bono's singing is so emotional on this album. He is so emotional in some cases he sounds like he's crying. Very real. Almost like capturing ultimate live performances. Some have said his voice strains too much but it strains with huge emotional power. Honest soulfullness to me is worth so much more than technical perfection. Does any of that make sense?

Listening to Love & Peace or Else, I can't place it on any of their albums. It works totally on it's merit. I'm really loving this song.
Don't let the title fool you, it's really heavy then a bit soft, then bang it's heavy, hard rock. I'm trying to find someway to explain it... dark.. I don't know you'll just have to hear it. 2:up::up: for this one

AtomicBono, your're right as well :yes: there is a lot of their past styles incorporated into this album, sometimes different era's in the same song. Amazing what these guys can do... :dance:

ABOY to me has sounds of Zooropa and ATYCLB. and AB. Ok maybe I'm hearing things, just my opinion.

Oh this one.. A Man and a Woman, just lovely - heartfelt. :heart:

Crumbs from your table, very UF, AB-ish. but then again....
Like I said different moods in this song also....

Throw out all the reviews you've read, it can't be summed up with one listening. Great complex music :love:

It's probably their most accessable album of this caliber as well. The thing about Achtung was that the quality of the songwriting was somewhat overshadowed by the whole THIS IS U2??? factor. But Atomic Bomb is the U2 we all know and love so the shock of Achtung isn't here...just the joy of a GREAT U2 album.

For now all I'd say is that it leaves ATYCLB well behind.

LAPOE is the song I can't stop playing. The rest needs the usual digesting, it's still too early.

Definitely their best since The Joshua Tree. Arguably the best they've ever made. It takes the best of The Unforgettable Fire and The Joshua Tree and creates an amazingly strong album.

I believe AB is still a better album, if for no other reason than the fact HTDAAB is too obviously front-loaded.

It is eons better than ATYCLB.

I don’t usually compare other albums, I don’t see the point. Thought, I can compare it to the best they’ve ever made, and I’d say this is a mix of their best, so this is probably their best

Back
Top Bottom