To all the posters that have lost faith in U2 circa 2004/2006...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

With all alternate versions in place, would you consider HTDAAB a classic?

• Yes

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 50 76.9%

• Total voters
I think the albums versions of allthe songs are better. Having won the Grammy for Album of the Year it is definetly thought of as a classic by alot of people. I think that Actung and Joshua are better but still.

Vertigo is way better than Native Son and became a great hit for them and drove the album and tour for which they used it's name. I like Native Son as well but to me it sounds like a B-side. The lyrics are the main thing bringing it below Veritigo's level. They are very specific (about the jailed native american )compared to Vertigo and does not translate into a big themed U2 song.

Alternate Yahweh and Aboy are okay but not as crisp or exciting as the album versions in my opinion. I do like lie alot but they just do not meet the levelof the finished product. I wish they would put those alternative versions on the singles as b-sides instead of the remixes.

I really like Xanex and Wine but they should keep Fast Cars on the album due to the lyrics. I think the band did not want to throw a song talking about mixing wine and xanex on their album that would reach millions around the world.

I wish that they would have used Smile, Levitate, and Love you like Mad as B-sides or for an EP instead of the digitalonly release. I liked the Joshua and Actung era singles that had mostly new songs as b-sides instead of the recent live or remixes singles with the excepetion of the first single of every album.

The only album version I would trade is Flower child over Wild Honey. That is probably the only song in U2's entire catalog that hurts me a little. And its not even the whole song I don't like its the part when Bono's voice kind of cracks in the middle. I wish they would have edited that or something. I think Flower child is cooler.

Anticipation said:
I wish that they would have used Smile, Levitate, and Love you like Mad as B-sides or for an EP instead of the digitalonly release. I liked the Joshua and Actung era singles that had mostly new songs as b-sides instead of the recent live or remixes singles with the excepetion of the first single of every album.

I agree. This is the only thing I dislike in the Bomb era... the lack of b-sides... U2 almost made it like REM... throwing live performances (some made 13 years before) and some remixes... The new songs in Unreleased & Rare could have made those b-sided that were needed...
Vertigo w/ ARGWF and Neon Lights
SYCMIOYO w/ Flower Child
COBL w/ Smile
ABOY w/ Levitate
OOTS w/ LYLM

Back
Top Bottom