To All Non-Americans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's all over the fucking news 80s, don't treat me like such a moron, and I won't be inclined to do the same to you.

The Taliban, ObL, and other militant Muslims in the Middle East have all been trying to convince us that all of Islam will form a giant army to fight the West if we strike, but I don't think this is necessarily the case. Feel free to discuss.

Originally posted by TwoHearts:
Are you F#$%ing KIDDING ME!!!!!!! who the hell are you and what Foreign Policy actions, I bet you can't name three. As a former Marine and father of two, I am here to speak on behalf of the 90% of Americans right now that are standing right with this great President of ours to say we don't need braindead people like you apologizing for US! If this country is so bad then MOVE THE FUCK OUT. BYE! yeah BU BYE! don't let the FLAG hit you on the way out!

AMEN! THIS GUY RULES!!!

Mr "Bastardly"-Have you considered anger-management? You seem more than a little worked up for apparently no good reason, I won't reduce myself to your level of name-calling.

Try chillin for a while ,mate. Take care of yourself. Late-

Diamond
Bruno
Nine
(9)

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

Originally posted by Bastardy:
ok mr. 80s, you can just fuck right off, because I didn't say it was a "West vs. Muslim" war. First, because the religion is called Islam not Muslim you fool, .
Me the fool? I clearly stated "West vs. Islam", which is EXACTLY what you said! Read my post again! Never ever did I say the religion was called Muslim! I used the term "Islam"! I know a bit about the Islam realigion, so I may know more about it than you.

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
ok mr. 80s, you can just fuck right off, because I didn't say it was a "West vs. Muslim" war. First, because the religion is called Islam not Muslim you fool, .
You're nitpicking, and you know it. I know full well the religion is Islam, I simply mistyped in one post. I typed it correctly in the other post. I know a little bit about Islam (attended some classes and used to have quite involved conversations with a Muslim friend), maybe more than you.
How can you get mad at me for saying your post was stupid? Did you or did you not call someone on this board a "drunken bastard" ? And aren't you the one who deliberately started this thread to provoke people who think differently than you? How can you be upset by a little criticism of your ideas?

[This message has been edited by 80sU2isBest (edited 09-20-2001).]

You're nitpicking, and you know it. I know full well the religion is Islam, I simply mistyped in one post. I typed it correctly in the other post. I know a little bit about Islam (attended some classes and used to have quite involved conversations with a Muslim friend), maybe more than you.
How can you get mad at me for saying your post was stupid? Did you or did you not call someone on this board a "drunken bastard" ? And aren't you the one who deliberately started this thread to provoke people who think differently than you? How can you be upset by a little criticism of your ideas?

[This message has been edited by 80sU2isBest (edited 09-20-2001).]

Thank You 80sbest,you can check out my story he alluded to at the bottom of this pg.Click on 'an open letter to Bono' if you havent yet.
Late- DB9

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------

[/B][/QUOTE]
the nitpicking was just sarcastic, so don't worry about it. the drunken thing is true, that guy pushed people around then ran up on stage during walk on at the 6/9 boston concert when he was severely inebriated. I'm not just using drunken as an insult, no no, he really was the drunken bastard at boston 4. I didn't like you calling me stupid because

a) it makes me cry, and
b) you misinterpreted me and made it sound as if I was pulling the West-Islam thing out of my ass, when in fact I had heard a lot about it in the media.

and lastly, I didn't start the thread to provoke people. i wasn't clear enough in my opening post, but i was hoping to have more non-american opinions on the American reactions thus far. that's all. simple as thatathatthat. so peace man, no offense, no animosity, I respect the opinions of those who don't lambast me. but i will lambast back if you do. ha! no, seriously, peace.

No no Bastard is YOUR name not mine,YOU chose that.The other part of your accuastions are inaccurate.

You need to do something about your hostility.("BASTARDLY")Check yourself.

D
B

------------------

---------

With all due respect, 80sU2isbest, I do think that Bastardy's first post was not meant to agitate; it was a purely expressionistic paragraph. I think it was only after he started getting 'fuck posts' that his posts got less reasonable. One more thing, please don't anyone think I support his point of view because I'd rather use my own words for my own stand on this subject. However, I do think he has a point in what he's saying; it was just the delivery that may have upset Americans.

If you think about it, many Americans actually would agree with Bastardy's first post because he was denying that Americans believe terrorists are solely against America's values of freedom etc. He was also basically saying that America should assess the past before creating a dangerous future; surely you'd agree with that too?

foray

Bastardy,
You know what's very odd? As I lay down to sleep tonight, I felt convicted of how wrong I had been in my original response to your "Islam-West" war post. I knew I couldn't get any sleep feeling so guilty, so I came back to Interference to apologize. And then I read your last post to me, and it made me feel even worse. Although I don't agree with you, that gives me no right to be so arrogant. I apologize for attacking you so mercilessly calling you stupid. I have been evry upset this week, mainly brought on by a couple of Interferencers who take every opportunity they can to villify America. But still, that gave me no right to insult you. I am truly sorry, and hope you can forgive me. About the man from Boston, I read his account of the whole Bono incident, and it doesn't seem to me that he meant any harm. I don't know the guy personally, but it seems to me he just got caught up in the excitement of the moment. His actions may not have been the wisest, but I hardly think that jsutifies calling him a "bastard". But again, for my angry insults at you, I once again apologize.

Bastardy,
You know what's very odd? As I lay down to sleep tonight, I felt convicted of how wrong I had been in my original response to your "Islam-West" war post. I knew I couldn't get any sleep feeling so guilty, so I came back to Interference to apologize. And then I read your last post to me, and it made me feel even worse. Although I don't agree with you, that gives me no right to be so arrogant. I apologize for attacking you so mercilessly calling you stupid. I have been evry upset this week, mainly brought on by a couple of Interferencers who take every opportunity they can to villify America. But still, that gave me no right to insult you. I am truly sorry, and hope you can forgive me. About the man from Boston, I read his account of the whole Bono incident, and it doesn't seem to me that he meant any harm. I don't know the guy personally, but it seems to me he just got caught up in the excitement of the moment. His actions may not have been the wisest, but I hardly think that jsutifies calling him a "bastard". But again, for my angry insults at you, I once again apologize.

80'sU2Best-Not only do you have a kind,understanding heart and soul,you embody the 'message' of Bono,U2 and their music.

Sleep well tonight...
Godspeed
D
B

------------------

---------

Why dont people post this kind of stuff in Free your mind that is where it belongs. And truthfully the stuff being said to eachother in here doesnt deserve to be on this forum!

Some people need to grow-up.

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

ok now... thanks for saying something that shows some u.s. citizens are thinking not hating. how many "marines" had a moment of silence for the 500,000 dead in Rwanda under Clinton? for the thousands in the Baltic? for the hundreds of thousands under Reagan dead in Salvador? How many of you even know where that is? What happened in any of those places or what the USA did or did not do there? do you really think everything that happens is an incident unconnected to anything else? Refer to gmaven's latest posting

Please people. make up your mind.
Fuck the hell out, Fuck of and Fuck up.
Is my English so bad, when i want to fuck, i want to get in.

I heart about a poll, Americans believe
in god ( 90 % of them ) When was this poll
taken ? 150 years ago ?

------------------
I can`t change the world but i can
change the world in me.

Read you, Rono.

Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars:
I thought that America was shocked for the terroristic act. Being shocked and crying out "War! War! Lets bomb these bastards!"
is not exactly the same. Now, that you have seen a war-like horror in your own proud N.Y.C. - and I am so sorry for what has happened, my prayers go out to the innocent victims - I think you should consider not to continue this horror in another country.
I hope that people on this board don?t have to excuse all the time for their opinions.

Peace,
whenhiphop

OK, for those who want to crucify me now:
go ahead! Peace to you too, brother.

I don't hope anyone wants to crucify anybody here...

Living in Europe I also hope that the american government will find appropriate solutions to all this huge problems. For example I heard on the radio today that charity organizations fear a great famine in Afghanistan. Being cynical one could say Bush wouldn't have to bomb this country but just wait...

I hate the idea that there must be more and more innocent VICTIMS just as there were so many in New York. Over here in Europe there is enormous sympathy for the American people. Everyone is still shocked and thinks and feels about this tragedy every day. Hopefully you feel at least a bit of this flying over the ocean.

But it must be allowed to ask whether the bombing of one country would be appropriate. It's just a discussion! We should be able to talk to each other because if the talking stops everything stops.

Or should we just "move out" from this forum because we haven't exactly the same opinion as the american majority?

a very sad

annalivia

Whenhiphop...blablabla! Great thread. I was trying to say that in this thread and a few more (war for one), but you said it a lot better. I get too excited when I'm writeing my posts. Please americans, as whenhip... said, don't think that we are antiamerican, we are not. We are just pointing out some of your mistakes that brought to this situation, and don't do it again - if you go on with this preassure on Pakistan, in 20 yrs they will put a bomb in one of your buildings. Why not let them stay neutral, and perhaps only ask airspace? You are ruining that country, divideing it for your war and vengance, and when just last night there was terorist atack in Israel you are telling them to be peacefull adn civilised??? What? How dear you to ask that when you openly call for vangance... I'm rumbling, today I had a car accident - a guy with a motorbike crashed in my car door on my (drivers) side, adn I'm still shocked. But the guy is o.k. I will just have to spend a lot for repair b/c it was probbably my fault. But nobody got hurt

Bye

Originally posted by Ally:
OK, i'm a New Yorker, so the events of this past week have hit very close to home (literally). i don't know what is the right thing to do- i don't think anybody does. fortunately, the american government does not seem to be blindly bombing afghanistan back into the stone age (even though it's already just about there). if that was their goal, they probably would have done it by now.

the problem with this situation is that we are facing a new, very frightening sort of enemy. fewer than 20 people were able to kill over 5,000 innocent people in minutes, using only knives as their weapons. how do you fight this enemy? i don't think anyone really knows.

i hope that my country does not act rashly simply as a knee-jerk reaction to the atrocities of last week. but something does need to be done, to let these evil terrorists know that their actions have consequences.

unfortunately, when you're dealing with an enemy that is completely irrational, it is very difficult to believe that they will be defeated by using rational means....

I totally agree with that!

annalivia

------------------
"You're amazing!"

Bono, Cologne, 2001-7-13

thanks 80s, accurate analysis foray, peace out I'm done with this threadaroo. woo. hoo. hee. het. woo.

Hey 80?s,
peace first! Anyway the argument about going back to school was a lol for me, sorry, but maybe you would need some history lessons. Sorry 80?s, I really mean peace. But fighting against terrorism is so difficult because there is no defined enemy. The fear is that it is going to be a religious war, not a fight against terrorism. And I would like to know what the word "civilised world" means - who are you excluding? Only terrorists? This implies that everything not civilised is terror.
Terrorism can?t be wiped out by a war. A war you can fight against a country, but how do you want to wipe terrorism out? This is really ridiculous, because there are so many groups, hidden in so many different ways.
For example, look at Italy. How long did they try to get rid of the Cosa Nostra?
And they never did. Because it is like a plant, you take off a fruit, but you never get to the roots if you don?t change all the world, starting with America?s economical system.
bush knows that, so he is a liar if he speaks about fighting terrorism and in reality means to send troops to another country.

foray, good point. bastardy, good thread.
everyone: peace!

I know I'm asking for it by getting into this thread...
wink.gif

Well-meaning and wise people can have differences of opinion.

America was founded on the principle of personal freedom. Puristans started this nation to escape religious and political persecution, and built into our founding documents the right to express one's opinion, no matter how unpopular.

I have respect for those people who choose to serve in the military, but it is unfair to suggest that if you choose not to then you are somehow unable or unfit.

I love this country, and have no intention of leaving it. However, we are are rapidly becoming a tight global community and the only way we will ever find a peace among us is to react with wisdom rather than war. That is not to say we should not respond to this horrific act - we should. And globally, we will.

There are a lot of people in this country who do not want us to respond in a knee-jerk fashion. (yes, it's true) I personally believe that we should have a measured and precise response - and based on Bush's comments last night I feel that our government agrees as well. I do NOT think we should "just nuke 'em", "bomb Afghanistan into the Stone Age", "turn Afghanistan into East Texas" or "turn Afghanistan into a lake" - all comments I have heard in the last few days.

Wise men take the time to think through their actions. While it may be frustrating to sit by rather than retaliate, killing tens of thousands more innocent people will solve nothing - and merely serve to rally the populations of the Middle East around bin Ladens cause.

Oh, and Melon - I loved your post.

Peace

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

*Boost!!* for the statements made by Ally, WhenHipHop and Crzy4Bono. My sentiments exactly. Thanks for saving me the time in having to compose and type it all out!!
wink.gif

Originally posted by Foxxern:

I honestly don't believe that bombing the hell out of Afghanistan or even killing Osama bin Laden will protect us from any further attacks. I really don't. If we want to protect ourselves, we have to look at the root of the problem, and stop the perpetrators from the beginning. We need to infiltrate their lowest levels, not just take in their ringleader. This is much more complex than bombing anyone, and I hope we can realize that before its too late.

Exactly

Originally posted by Foxxern:
I honestly don't believe that bombing the hell out of Afghanistan or even killing Osama bin Laden will protect us from any further attacks. I really don't. If we want to protect ourselves, we have to look at the root of the problem, and stop the perpetrators from the beginning. We need to infiltrate their lowest levels, not just take in their ringleader. This is much more complex than bombing anyone, and I hope we can realize that before its too late.
Hi,
Did you watch the speech last night? If so, you'll be happy to see that the careful approach you wished for is being carried out.

Back
Top Bottom