Time Quirk Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Pretty cool!

It won't come around for 111 years, and after that it will never happen again. At 8.02pm EST, the world will witness a time that is truly, triply palindromic. It will be 20:02/20.02/2002.

Read the time, the day, the month and the year forwards or backwards, in numeric form, and the result is the same, discarding punctuation. Moreover, every individual component -- time, date and year -- is identical, and every one is itself a palindrome.

That has happened only three times before - at 10.01 on 10 January 1001, at 11.11 on 11 November 1111, and at 12.21 on 12 December 1221. "And when they happened, nobody had digital watches to notice it," says Professor Peter Cameron, professor of mathematics at Queen Mary College of the University of London.

For more: http://www.thisislondon.com/dynamic/news/story.html?in_review_id=502200&in_review_text_id=464612

------------------
"I told the truth I didn't come to fool ya
and even if it all went wrong
I'll stand before the lord of song
with nothing on my lips but hallelujah"

High..Higher
Macphisto: Try A Taste Of Martini

Very cool....but not quite right. Although it will happen at 8:02 EST, we'll only have to wait an hour, not 111 years, for it to happen again. That's right folks, at 8:02 Central Standard Time, the world will witness a time that is truly, triply palindromic. It will be 20:02/20.02/2002.

Just trying to keep the East Coast's superiority complex in check....
wink.gif

------------------
Real Saturday Morning Conversation
(a play in one act.)

Spiral: (to wife) What are you watching?

Spiral's Wife: Digimon.

THE END

hahahaha! burn

------------------
"Here it is, revenge to the tune;
your no good.
your no good, your no good, your no good
Can't you tell, it's well understood?"
Elliott Smith - Waltz#2

quick relate this to U2!

if U2 are at home, they've only got a few hours till this all goes off
tongue.gif