Tickets/Wristbands/U2.com/Reliable sources..and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Guess what...

I'm a ticket virgin. I've never bought tickets for anything in my life (unless u count the last tour, but really, my cousin bought them off a scalper). So....

I know tickets go on sale on Friday. What time? Are these wristbands? If not, where do I get a wristband (and where)...

U2.com doing the pre-sale? How does that work?

What's the best way to get tickets...(I live in Hamilton, Ont.) Ticketmaster online, by phone, or in person??

All I want is a ticket...just one!!!

Help me out here ppl. Educate my mind.

I believe tickets go on sale at 10 am for the Hamilton show.

The U2.com pre-sale has been anything but fruitful. If you're a registered member, they'll send you an e-mail with a password, and tell you something like "the pre-sale goes on tomorrow at ___ time". You then go to www.ticketmaster.ca, and find the U2 Hamilton show, for which there should be a pre-sale. This is really not the best way to get tickets.

As for lining up, I believe Ticketmaster has a whole bunch of convoluted rules for wristbands. From what I remember, if tickets go on sale at 10 am, you can no longer line up prior to 9:15 am. And (I could be wrong), I think that wristbands are given generally around 9:30 am, but, if there are less than a certain number of people in line (I've heard 6 people), TM is not obligated to give out wristbands. Which means if you can find a TM outlet outside a major city, you should.

Phone lines are useless unless you're willing to call long distance to a TM. As for the internet, even with a cable modem, it will be extremely difficult to get GA tickets, but you should be able to get some sort of tickets that way.

good luck!

Shit! I feel like I'v egot no options! Ani, what r u doing to get tix?

All I want is a GA (so those are the $45 ones, right?)And u said I'd be able to get "some sort of tickets" through the online...what do u mean by that?

ANd, lastly, would calling long distance work? Say, like, New Brusnswick???

Thanks.

--Ticket Virgin

--------------
*We're one but we're not the same/We get to carry each other/carry each other/One*

I'll be going to Hamilton, but I'm ordering tickets from Prop.

Let me give you an example of the 1st leg: I bought tickets through Prop, but I needed extra tickets for my friends. I tried on a cable modem, and the only seats available were the $45 upper level seats. A person I know was able to get the $89 seats online. But I didn't hear of anybody who got any better. This was the case in Toronto.

I'm not sure that New Brunswick has TM call in centres. Try northern Ontario. Maybe Timmins or Barrie or something to that effect.

I'd vote for going on-line myself. During the first US leg, I was able to purchase 2 GA tickets on-line using my 56k dialup connection. It took me about 45 min of being rejected by the "too busy" server, but I got them.

If you have a cell phone or second line, why not wait on hold while you're trying on the web as well? I've heard that calling in 30-40 min ahead of the 10:00 sale start helps-- hopefully you will come off of hold right at 10:01!

If you really strike out, drive over to the arena the day of the show anyway. At some point, I bet they will release more GA seats or some fans will have extras.

Good luck.

I got 2 questions.

1). Where can I find where all TM locations are?

2). I live in CT. Let's say I call some TM in delaware. Are you sure they will offer tickets and not say "call your local tm"? Thanks.

The_Sweetest_Thing: $89 are reserved seats, farther away. To get in the heart, you need to buy $45 GA tickets, then show up early enough (if they use the same system as the 1st leg) the day of the show to be the first 300 who they let into the heart. Good luck!

Originally posted by DebbieSG:
The_Sweetest_Thing: $89 are reserved seats, farther away. To get in the heart, you need to buy $45 GA tickets, then show up early enough (if they use the same system as the 1st leg) the day of the show to be the first 300 who they let into the heart. Good luck!

If I DON'T get into the heart, where does this GA ticket get me???

Originally posted by baker6621:
2). I live in CT. Let's say I call some TM in delaware. Are you sure they will offer tickets and not say "call your local tm"? Thanks.

I've had this happen to me a few times, both for U2 and for other bands. I would not suggest calling Atlanta for Boston area shows, or Boston for LA shows, or vice versa. Just didn't work!

Amy

Originally posted by baker6621:
I got 2 questions.

1). Where can I find where all TM locations are?

1) http://www.ticketmaster.com has lists of all ticketmaster locations. Also, the venue website should have locations that sell for that venue.

2) I'd call the TM location you want to use now and see if they will sell you a ticket long distance. That way you won't waste time the day of the sale if they won't.

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
What's the diff b/w a $89 or a GA or a $45???? ALl I want is to get into the heart...how do i go about this?

Just make sure you get $45 GA tickets and not $45 seats. Online there is a separate category for requesting General Admission or Floor. That's what you want.

does prop give out the $45 GA's or the bad $45 ticket?

------------------
'you two will get old.'
Baz Luhrman, 'Everybody's Free(To Wear Sun Screen)'

kobayashi: Prop gives out the GA tickets.

And although I never was farther out on the floor, I believe the heart IS a better place to be (except for the tip of the heart). You're right up there in front of the band, and protected from too much shoving.

I'm trying to buy tix for the Hamilton show, but I live in Rochester, NY. I tried calling my local tixmaster today to find out if I could call the local number for tickets, but only got recordings. Then I tried emailing customer service and only got preset answers that tix weren't on sale yet. anyone out there know from buying Toronto or Montreal tix last leg?? I'll try presale tomorrow but not expecting much. And then I'll hopefully get my Prop form. Looking forward to meeting all you wild and crazy kids in the GA line in Hamilton.

I'm tired and it's time to go to bed.....
POE

For all those who are wondering...

I am nearly certain you have to use a local phone number for ticketmaster. So, if you want tickets for toronto, you'll have to call the toronto number.

Also, IMHO if you can't get Prop tickets (which as far as I can tell is virtually the only way fans got GAs other than buying from scalpers, with a very few exceptions) your best bet by far is buying online. Thousands of people will purchase tickets online within the first few minutes, meaning if you are even a few people back in line at an outlet, you could be left with only nosebleed seats by the time you get to the ticket agent. And, many more people can use ticketmaster online at the same time than can speak to their ticket agents on the phone. So you have better odds of getting through online than by phone (but of course if you can try both, that's best).

There are exceptions to every rule. I know someone who got GAs for the first Miami show by standing in line at an outlet. But in general, from what I can tell, the best way to get good seats is to try online.

However, if you don't succeed, do not despair, even if the show is "sold out." For most shows on the first leg of the tour, a limited number of GAs were released the day of the show, so if you're willing to wait all day (which you'd be doing to get into the heart anyway, right?), chances are you can get your GA. You can also get great seats from fans on the web here at face value, and ticketmaster also releases small numbers of seats even on "sold out" dates as it gets closer to the show, which you can snatch up if you check ticketmaster online every day. For example, I decided to go to all four Boston shows on the first leg about three weeks beforehand, at which point they'd been "sold out" for months. However, through ticketmaster and fans online, I was able to buy myself a GC ticket for each night, at face value (I wasn't trying to get GAs).

There's always hope! Just persevere!

------------------
you've got the right shoes to get you through the night

Originally posted by u2zed:
For all those who are wondering...

I am nearly certain you have to use a local phone number for ticketmaster. So, if you want tickets for toronto, you'll have to call the toronto number.

That's not true.

You can buy tickets by calling other cities in Ontario.

Back
Top Bottom