ticketmaster must be screwing propaganda

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

astoria

Babyface
i think that ticketmaster isn't giving out as many tickets to propaganda as they should be. those bastards must be holding back a good amount of ga's. i don't understand why everyone who requests ga's doesn't get them. i mean, how many propaganda members are there? could one of the newer members post their membership number so i could get an idea? if you ask me, the entire heart should be held back just for prop. members. after all, we are the true fans. don't be upset with propaganda, they do there best to help us out. ticketmaster is the enemy here. here's hoping nyc ga's come through

Originally posted by Bloodied:
My number is in to the 30 000's, and I got my membership in august

Wow, that's a lot of added members!
eek.gif
I joined last winter and my number is in the low 20,000s. That's a big reason that it's harder to get tickets. I still don't think there is any reason to worry unless you only asked for GAs for high demand shows like Chicago, MSG, Vegas, or LA's final night.

That doesnt mean there are 30,000 members. That means you are the 30 thousanth person to join Propaganda since it started. Obviously not everyone that joined at the beginning (1985 I believe) is still a member currently.

I have heard though that the membership is somewhere around 19 to 20 thousand worldwide.

I think there are a couple of reasons Prop ran out this time. I think they were allocated close to if not the same number of GA's per show as they were the first leg.

The difference? EVERYBODY, I mean EVERYBODY wants GA tickets this time. For the first leg alot of people went with GC's. Not this time.

Secondly, there are half as many shows to choose from. Which means you spread a large membership over fewer shows.

Thirdly, alot of regions are not being hit this time which means fans in those regions are traveling to other cities. This creates an even greater demand for tickets in those cities. I think there are going to be ticket shortages for Hamilton, the NY shows and Austin and maybe a few others in addition to the 2nd Chicago show.

Fourth, Ticketmaster has nothing to do with how many tickets Prop receives. U2's promoter SFX/Clear Channel makes that decision. In the case of the 2nd Chicago show, they may have alot of VIP's that wanted to tickets. I know for the final show in Chicago on the 1st leg the heart was filled with VIP's and work crew. I would say it was about half fans that camped out and half VIP's who gave a rats ass about U2 and were there simply to be seen. (Can you tell it pissed me off??!!) This sucks for us fans but once U2 signs the contract with the promoter most of those decisions are the promoters.

There are going to be some disappointed people with Prop. It happens everytime, even on the first leg. They are providing a service with a limited product, so unfortunately some people are not going to get exactly what they want. I'am partially disappointed as they did not provide GA's for the 2nd Chicago show, yet they provided GA's for the first show. I'am still happy Prop provides this service and I hope they continue to do so on future tours as "usually" they come through. Although I know that is little consolation right now to alot of you.

The bottom line is so far nobody has not been offered a ticket of some type. I do think Prop could have been a little better prepared for the GA demand but as I said it was probebly out of their control.

Originally posted by Blue Room:
That doesnt mean there are 30,000 members. That means you are the 30 thousanth person to join Propaganda since it started. Obviously not everyone that joined at the beginning (1985 I believe) is still a member currently.

I have heard though that the membership is somewhere around 19 to 20 thousand worldwide.

Ah, that makes sense. Still, that's a lot of members, Wow!

I think you are right on in your assessment of the situation. Since the GC's weren't so hot last time, and since people who were scared of GA last time have seen how great it is, everyone wants GA this time. (With good reason
smile.gif
)

I still don't think there is cause to worry except for very high demand markets.

The difference? EVERYBODY, I mean EVERYBODY wants GA tickets this time. For the first leg alot of people went with GC's. Not this time.

Besides the other more clear points, I totally agree with you here, Blue. GA is clearly the place to be for U2 fans, whereas for the opening leg some people were unclear as to what was best. I haven't heard from anybody on these boards that was ordering $85 or GC tickets through Propaganda.

I think there are going to be ticket shortages for Hamilton, the NY shows and Austin and maybe a few others in addition to the 2nd Chicago show.

You bring up a lot of great points that I agree with Blue Room, such as this... your guesses are probably pretty accurate. I'm crossing my fingers for GA Austin.

------------------
"Swallows must have their feet kept on the ground or their egos will expand further than this forum..."
-ACROB@T

Wow! Prop is into the 30,000's??? I had no clue. That just boggles me... my membership # is 636! (I joined in 1993.) I'm amazed that something like 20K people are willing to pay out the arse for that magazine, though!
wink.gif

Good for Prop and U2. Bad for us. I think, too, that sometimes they'll go with a lower estimation of the number of tickets they'll need because they might lose money with the leftovers (though maybe I'm full of crap in saying that, since they can always release extra tickets through ticketmaster or save them for day-of-show sales).

------------------
you've got the right shoes to get you through the night

Originally posted by u2zed:
Wow! Prop is into the 30,000's??? I had no clue. That just boggles me... my membership # is 636! (I joined in 1993.) I'm amazed that something like 20K people are willing to pay out the arse for that magazine, though!
wink.gif

Ha ha ha, it's not the magazine...
It's the prop forms for tickets, and the CDs, right?
The magazine's just an extra...

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Wow! Prop is into the 30,000's??? I had no clue. That just boggles me... my membership # is 636! (I joined in 1993.)

I've always wondered what the Prop#'s meant. What's weird is that I've been subscribing since the beginning and my number's in the mid 400's. I've even let the subscription run out for some lengthy periods and renewed it, and the number's stayed the same. I also subscribed to the official pre-Prop club/zine...the U2 World Service. I recently found the membership card for that...I was USU2 #1067. Whatever that means. Anyone out there remember the old zine? I got the first issue(from '81) autographed on the 1st leg of the tour. When Edge signed it he said, "An oldie, but a goodie." I was tempted to say "Just like you," as a joke, but instead asked him if they'd play 11 O'clock Tick Tock that night...which they did(Chicago 5/15), but I doubt my asking had much to do with it.

Originally posted by astoria:
i think that ticketmaster isn't giving out as many tickets to propaganda as they should be. those bastards must be holding back a good amount of ga's. i don't understand why everyone who requests ga's doesn't get them. i mean, how many propaganda members are there? could one of the newer members post their membership number so i could get an idea? if you ask me, the entire heart should be held back just for prop. members. after all, we are the true fans. don't be upset with propaganda, they do there best to help us out. ticketmaster is the enemy here. here's hoping nyc ga's come through

The scalpers got them. I've visited several "ticket service" sites, and none of them seem to be running low on GAs any time soon.

------------------
Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to just tell them to fuck off. I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen.

No fan club gets all of a certain kind of tickets. I'm not sure how many Prop members there are (Blue Room probably does) but it's in the tens of thousands and more get added each leg of each tour. Plus there are fans with multiple memberships, fans who get all their family and friends to subscribe, and folks who aren't fans who do both of the above and then use it as a money making machine by ordering for the high demand shows and selling the tickets. It will get harder and harder each leg of each tour for Propl to fill all orders.

Prop is never going to get all the best tickets. TM is in business to make money. Prop has been good for most of the folks who have used it, but they don't promise anything. The closest they come to a promise is that if you fill out a first, second and third choice they are confident that you will get tickets. That's it, just tickets not necessarily the kind of tickets you want, not necessarily your first choice of shows. So you're right that Prop isn't the enemy here.

Back
Top Bottom