Three Sunrises and Love Comes Tumbling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
I love both these songs, definately both album calibre tracks imo, and also pretty similar.

here's a question.. which one do you prefer?

Three Sunrises

I don't care much for Love Comes Tumbling. Don't hate it, just don't like it that much.

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

ooh too hard skeekboy!
such gorgeous songs from that era that is what i call 'magical U2'.
If i had to leave one behind in a tornado...my fave would be Three Sunrises.

------------------
I am a cowgirl of funk*

Skeek-
After reading these boards for a yr., I know you're a 'whiz' here.
My question to you-
Is there a more messmerizing song than-
"When Love Comes Tumbling"?
Thank You
Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

Love Comes Tumbling! That song has always been one of my faves. I love the low key delivery of it. Bono kind of croons his way through it. Just magnificent! My 2 cents...

Peace.

------------------
Peace on Earth.

3 Sunrises...I would have ratherheard these two on UF rather than EP & America. I think that tune is more B-side worthy. In fact, I made a tape for my walkman making that change, and replacing Homecoming & Bad for the live takes on the Wide Awake EP. I could go either way on Homecoming though...

Love Comes Tumbling.

Without a shadow of a doubt. Never rated 3 sunrises much.

"Three Sunrises"

Though I do love them both...I was just listenin' to them this mornin'.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

I love both of them, but I'll take Love Comes Tumbling. So understated, so romantic.

Those songs remind me strongly of why that era of U2 is my favourite in many ways.

------------------
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill
We see the sun go down in your eyes

As Hawkmoon1021 stated, the bass on Love Comes Tumbling is great. Adam really shines on this track. Highly recommend some of you not too familiar with this song to sit and listen to it while focusing what Adam's bass brings to the table.

Three Sunrises is great too. But if it came down to one, it would have to be Love Comes Tumbling.

------------------
"Pull the trigger on a rock n' roll ****** bigger than Jesus on a bumper sticker!" -Bono, Bullet the Blue Sky.

Hawkmoon1021, I did the same thing when I copied the UF album for my car. I replaced Bad and A Sort Of Homecoming with the live versions from Wide Awake In America, because I think the studio version of Bad is well, bad. I never liked the song until I heard live versions. A Sort Of Homecoming I can take studio or live, but I prefer the live version. I took out Elvis Presley and America and put in Love Comes Tumbling. I don't like Three Sunrises though.

[This message has been edited by ericb (edited 03-13-2002).]

Three Sunrises, i guess.
I'd like to have sex to LCT, though!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

I can never think of those two without also hearing "Dancing Barefoot" in my head.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

both are great songs, but i prefer love comes tumbling...bono's vocals are fab!

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
she is the dreamer, she's imagination...

Three Sunrises is one of my favorite U2 songs. Never have cared much for Love Comes Tumbling.

Love Comes Tumbling is so dreamy and atmospheric. When I used to listen to it at night with the headphones in the dark I imagined myself on damp city streets at night. I think it would of fit in on UF somewhere towards the end. Or maybe not.

The 2 Sunrises is neat, it's kind of poppy, and fun. I don't think it would ever be serious album material though.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by ericb:
Hawkmoon1021, I did the same thing when I copied the UF album for my car. I replaced Bad and A Sort Of Homecoming with the live versions from Wide Awake In America, because I think the studio version of Bad is well, bad. I never liked the song until I heard live versions. A Sort Of Homecoming I can take studio or live, but I prefer the live version. I took out Elvis Presley and America and put in Love Comes Tumbling. I don't like Three Sunrises though.

I used to like the live Homecoming better. It's more structured & rocks harder, but the studio version has a hazy, dreamlike atmosphere I love...definitely a toss up. I enjoy the Bad studio version but it sounds incomplete when compared with the live version. The Rattle & Hum DVD version of Bad is also great. Whatever you think of the movie, Bad & SBS are reasons enough to purchase it.

Back
Top Bottom