Three songs you'd like to see U2 revive for the next era.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1) Exit - Theoretically could replace Bullet as their "dark" song. Think of what this could become with today's U2.

2) Last Night on Earth - Why has this not been played in recent years? This song rocks!

3)Any of these few here: Seconds/Unforgettable Fire/Sort of Homecoming/One Tree Hill/Dirty Day

Realistically speaking:

One Tree Hill
Gone
Dirty Day

Those three I can see actually fitting into the setlists they play now. I know they played One Tree Hill at some point (probably in New Zealand), so that one isn't too far fetched to show up on a later tour. The other two definitely ought to though. You could have Gone early in the set, about the fourth or fifth song, since we know they like to come out with guns blazing (by which I mean up tempo tunes). Dirty Day would be a great choice for an early encore tune.

These aren't three songs that I'd want incorporated into a static setlist. If they have slots in the show where they could play something without having a precise and finely tuned light show, they could have 9 or 10 songs in their pocket to select two or three from each night. This way the sets can stay fresh.

I really hope the next tour isn't as much of a spectacle. Don't get me wrong, I've loved every stage from Zoo TV on (Elevation excluded), but it'd be great to just have the guys out their playing songs. This would encourage setlist variation and could well mean that we wouldn't ever see the same set twice in a tour. That would be the ideal situation for me.

Last edited:
My top five, that sould be regularly played:

1. "The Unforgettable Fire" - Do hope for it since my first gig in '92!
2. "Exit" - What a great tune, one of the best dark U2 tracks.
3. "God Part II" - It's not too long, but very Rock'n'Roll.
4. "Acrobat" - Finally this gem should see the stage light.
5. "Window In The Skies" - I'd like to see us all sing along with it!

.......just 3!!!!?????:(

......aaaghhhhhhhhhh....

......open with...."just for you, this is Gloria" to remind me of the apollo stadium adelaide 1984.

....somewhere in the middle, 'Unforgettable fire' To remind me of the apollo stadium adelaide 1984,...oh shit!...only one left...

...ending with....'Night & Day' with strings and keyboard player (like 'species' at milan!)....:drool:

Back
Top Bottom