Thoughts on the DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ElectricalVoice

Refugee
I have been watching the DVD; and there are a couple of things I feel like mention:

- Banjo version speaks for itself. Bono and Ashley Simpson ... GO!!!
- Bonos voice during the live performances is in top form. Falsetto and range are great. Love the accustic of Sometimes - well both versions actually. Bono really does a great job on that acustic version.
- Larry have to figure out.... Crumbs LOL He doesn't even remember the name...
- Sometimes is a song that's been around a while. I think they are very happy with it. Interesting to note that Bono wrote the falsetto part so quick when they found out that something was missing.
- Edge plays the guitar the "wrong" way when he sits at the keyboard. Probably just a mirror, but I don't know.
- I just wish the DVD was longer.

I love the comment Bono made about Edge getting into keyboards. Something like "me and Larry were like 'ah fuck, now we'll never get a rock song out of him'" :laugh:

EDIT: Overall, a nice DVD :up:

i think the vertigo temple bar mix is one of the funniest things i have seen from them.

I really like the acoustic version of SYCMIOYO. ANd of course the banjo version of Vertigo is pretty neat. I liked the documentary called U2 and 3 songs also. The DVD was really worth it and I hope most people buy the Deluxe edition to get it.

martha said:
The banjo version had me laughing out loud. :heart:

Me too! Great stuff, and bono's little walk away from the mic, classic stuff.

Good to see the boys just having fun together, especially Edge who is so serious all the time, well minus the owl dropping comments of yester-year :wink:

ElectricalVoice said:
- Larry have to figure out.... Crumbs LOL He doesn't even remember the name...

Larry doesn't remember because he was piss drunk when they wrote it lol

There's an Easter Egg on this I hear. Anyone had any luck?

I heard it's on the One X One menu. If you scroll through the list when you get to the studio version of SYCMIOYO if you click on the left arrow the red X disappears. I think this a clue to getting to the Easter Egg, but I haven't figured it out.

Anyone wanna try to figure this out? I'll keep trying.

martha said:
Spill it, son. :mad:

Only for you Martha...:hug:

from @u2 forum:

AchtungBubba wrote on 11/23/2004 at 05:19 PM PST:
GOT IT!

(Did some searching on my own, saw a seeming glitch/Easter Egg opening in the DVD menu, saw this thread, went back to the menu and tried again.)

- From the "One by One" menu, move the X to "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (STUDIO VERSION)," then...

- LEFT TWICE.

- DOWN ONCE.

- RIGHT ONCE.

- UP ONCE.

A tiny X should appear, and that leads to a 20-second still shot of three "On Your Own" lyric pages.

Woo-hoo!

They put alot of though and humor into the dvd and i think it is brilliant!!

It's like 45 minutes worth of footage and comes free with the cd, what more could you ask for???

First of all, like I said, 45 minutes? The documentary is much less than 45 minutes. And the songs are great, but it is not included for free with the CD... You pay more for the DVD version of the disc. This is why I am mad. They should have included this DVD for free with the $13 "regular" CD version, and not have you pay $24 for this.

I love it when Bono says " Just give me what I want and no one gets hurt... [looking at Edge] right?" Totally worth the money!

:(

I didn't like the DVD at all. I couldn't even watch through any of the clips all the way through. They bored me... :ohmy:

So anyway, my thoughts: it sucked arse. But bonus DVDs with albums always do. :eyebrow:

That blue studio... I can't stand it.

stoven said:
First of all, like I said, 45 minutes? The documentary is much less than 45 minutes. And the songs are great, but it is not included for free with the CD... You pay more for the DVD version of the disc. This is why I am mad. They should have included this DVD for free with the $13 "regular" CD version, and not have you pay $24 for this.

I think they should have had a 5hour DVD where all U2 talk about is how no matter what they do, some U2 fans will never be happy.

FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE! Buy the regular CD version if you are so angry!

You quoted it at $13, but I bought for $8.99 at Circuit City, in fact I BOUGHT 10 copies of HTDAAB it was so cheap, THE PERFECT X-MAS GIFT!

I still don't understand what the hell you were expecting?

You paid $24 for this:

Disc: 2
1. Interview With Neil McCormick [DVD]
2. Vertigo [DVD]
3. Vertigo [Remix] [DVD]
4. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own [Studio] [DVD]
5. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own [Acoustic] [DVD]
6. Crumbs From Your Table [DVD]

from: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...104-3151158-1449527?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

Did you not read what you were getting? If not, then I wouldn't complain so much about it! You should know what you're buying (and shop around if you are so concerned about the price!), then maybe you wouldn't have your panties in a twist.

Of course I wish this was a 2 hour DVD with more interviews, more live footage, more demos and studio outtakes, but if I think like that I WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED!!!

I watched the whole thing from beginning to end (41 minutes of it) and loved it!

If you didn't enjoy it and you are a U2 fan... then all I have to say is "damn"

Back
Top Bottom