Thought this was interesting....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MunkyMan

The Fly
From canoe.ca I got the following:

Hot off their Elevation 2001 world tour, the members of U2 are diving headlong into two new musical projects.

The band is currently working on a new studio album, as well as the soundtrack for the upcoming Martin Scorsese film "Gangs Of New York," according to reports in the U.K.

Quoting an interview in the magazine Hot Press, The BBC said Bono has revealed that U2 have assembled in Dublin, in a building that once housed a nightclub, to work on the follow-up to 2000's "All That You Can't Leave Behind."

"The band is so tight, coming straight off the tour. We've hit form," Bono reportedly told Hot Press.

Among the new songs being worked up is a track called "Electrical Storm," the report said.

p.s. - the movie soundtrak thing sounds cool!!

mike in toronto
go LEafs go!!!

Hey, Imagine if the boys were nominated for an Oscar. They would get to play at the Oscars, and if they won, then it would be yet another award to add to their growing collection *Fingers crossed for the Grammy Nominations*!!!

..... And girls, this would proboablly mean that we would get to see them dressed up in suits, or tuxes!!!

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Hey, Imagine if the boys were nominated for an Oscar. They would get to play at the Oscars

Let's hope not!
eek.gif
Rock groups at the Oscars always come off looking ridiculous. They can't move around, and the audience just sits there. (and can you imagine the guys trying to perform in tux's
icon24.gif
I've never seen a rock band come off looking anything but silly at the Oscars. Better to let the Celine Dions of the world sing Disney tunes there.

Winning would be great, just don't let them play
wink.gif

Originally posted by u2utah:
Let's hope not!
eek.gif
Rock groups at the Oscars always come off looking ridiculous. They can't move around, and the audience just sits there. (and can you imagine the guys trying to perform in tux's
icon24.gif
I've never seen a rock band come off looking anything but silly at the Oscars. Better to let the Celine Dions of the world sing Disney tunes there.

Winning would be great, just don't let them play
wink.gif

well, I dunno. Bob Dylan performed last year didn't he? That was kinda cool.
smile.gif

b
Originally posted by u2utah:
and can you imagine the guys trying to perform in tux's
wink.gif
Most bands don't play in tux's. The Oscar's are a formal event, to the guests show up in tuxedo's and formal dresses, they usually go and change right before they perform!!

Back
Top Bottom