Those of you that ordered HTDAAB from Amazon.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
Has your order been shipped yet?

This wait is going to drive me crazy :sigh:

Come and keep me company lol. :slant:

hey, it could be worse. you could be in canada. there's no way we're getting our hands on our collectors editions before thursday. :mad:

I am still seething over this. I called Universal Canada yesterday at the number I posted above, and I was treated like shit. Worse than shit. The customer service person just sat there without responding to any of my questions.

I work in the service (insurance) industry and I know what it feels like to have some one tear you a new one, so I was polite and respectful through out the entire call. She had her back up and refused to even acknowledge they screwed up.

I wrote them a scathing email and demanded that they take responsibility for the mix up and do something for the Canadian fans that now have to wait. We are the last fans in THE WORLD to have access to this Box set. This is insane. I understand that the US manufacturer screwed up. But I resent the fact that because the US manufacturer screwed up the US customers gets their Special Editions and we have to wait. Are we supposed to accept that Universal isn’t in control of their CD distribution? They knew this IN ADVANCE yet they didn’t advise the consumers or the retailers.

Why would I buy anything from Universal after this? In my mind it simply encourages me to download music for free and skip paying Universal. If this is how they want to treat their shrinking consumer base (who put food on their collective table), then why bother?

1-800-265-1955 Toll Free Universal Canada

canada.webmaster@umusic.com

I pre-ordered from Amazon about a month ago and my estimated shipping date was January 06, 2005 :crack:

I found it with no problem at Target and cancelled my Amazon order this morning.

I got mine today at noon (collector's edition). I got an e-mail last night saying it had been shipped. I had it over-nighted since I hadn't heard the whole thing and couldn't wait! :wink:

My estimated shipping date is November 27, 2004 - November 30, 2004. Argh I should have just got it at the store. I just wanted to make sure I would get the collector's edition though.

I ordered 4 copies on Amazon last week (for family members). 1 shipped on the 21st, 2 of them on the 22nd and the last one today.

I just checked my order status at Amazon and it had a ups tracking # which shows it was delivered today.

So it's waiting at my door, (although this was purchased for someone else), Circuit City delivered my copy yesterday.

Sorry to hear that Sicy. Got mine today but only after I bought three copies of the limited edition at a midnight sale.
Next up is the Ipod I guess. And a U2.com membership. And then tickets for the tour. Which will probably cost about $200 a ticket. I make a good living but this is getting ridiculous. :|

i rec'd an email this evening saying mine is shipping from deleware. i should see it hopefully saturday. :(

is it worth opening or should i keep it sealed for the value? i bought the cd/dvd today.

I got an email timestamped 3:44 pm TODAY saying that it had shipped. I expected it to be HERE today. Am annoyed.

They are estimating the delivery date as December 1. I am hoping it will come tomorrow.

well this is not good..and i just ordered my special collectors edition with the book...tonight...from Amazon...because i couldn't find it here...and i want the book badly.
My estimated shipping date is the 24th with delievery expected the 26th or 27th...i'll keep you posted :)

Still waiting for them to ship! :mad:

I sent them an email the other day and they sent me some generated bull crap response..

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I apologize for any misunderstanding about the delivery estimate for your order. "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb (Collector's Edition) [COLLECTOR'S EDITION] " has not yet shipped because it has not yet been released. As listed on our site, it is currently scheduled to be released on November 23, 2004.

As soon as the item has been released, we'll be able to ship it to you. As per our standard policy, we do not charge you for items until they enter the shipping process, so you will not be charged for this item until it is available and we have shipped it to you.

Once they have shipped, we'll send you an e-mail message confirming the date, contents, and method of your shipment.

Again, we are very sorry for this inconvenience. We appreciate your business and hope that we will see you again soon at Amazon.com.

My order e-mail said I should receive it between December 2 and December 4. I checked shipping late afternoon 11/22 and it said it was being shipped. Checked shipping yesterday and it was sitting in my little town at 6:03 AM .. it was in my door when I got home last night!

But ... I went to Wal-Mart and bought a reguar CD for $8.44 (or $8.84 ...) to listen on the way home. :applaud:

I just ordered the Collector's Edition CD + DVD + Hardcover book from Amazon.ca. It says it's not available until Nov. 25th, and estimated free shipping date is Dec. 10th.

I'm in no hurry though, it'll be a nice early Christmas package. :)

Back
Top Bottom