This song-one of the all time classics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ronan2standstil

The Fly
I seriously think Miracle Drug is so good it will go down as one of the all time classic not just U2 songs but rock songs full stop. Its so good it's frightening. Great guitar, hugely catchy great lyrics. Will it be the 2nd single? It should be..

It should certainly be the 2nd single imo. But I think they will choose ABOY. MD is just getting better and better with every listen for me at the moment!! I love it.:drool:

I was waiting for this song since the day it leaked, and I can say that it was everything I had hoped for. A classic.

The song is quite weak and will barely (if at all) make it as a single. For me personally, the slow-down chorus kills it. If it did not have the jam at the end, this song would be a real clunker.

Compare it to One? Puuuuullllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

this is my least favorite song on the album. I love the beginning and I love the slide solo and guitar to the end but the chorus's in the middle just feel flat to me. maybe this is just the ultimate grower? maybe I need to hear it live some more? I love the new CD by the way, this song just isn't what it should be (or where it should be?). I think it might have a lot to do with its position on the album. What were they thinking putting this song second. Track list is perfect except for that. I think if they had switched MD with ABOY or CFYT, it would have been much better.

Just my opinion

I think MD would appeal to a broader age group too. It would be a good track to release to expand their audience.

the first 45 seconds are so are great, classic U2. Then they go for the most bleedingly obvious chorus - a quick summation of everything that was wrong with the last album. It could have been so much better. Disappointed.

It's a very *good* song - the enemy of great, as the band puts it.

teebee said:
the first 45 seconds are so are great, classic U2. Then they go for the most bleedingly obvious chorus - a quick summation of everything that was wrong with the last album. It could have been so much better. Disappointed.

It's a very *good* song - the enemy of great, as the band puts it.

Exactly. I do think it's a good song and I do enjoy listening to it, but it's been, for me, one of the least exciting and dynamic songs on the album. Now, I'm not talking about tempo or new sounds or anything like that...it just feel sorta' flat for me, relative to much of the other material.

That said, I'm unhappy to report that I'm no longer quite as excited about hearing the song live and in person following the BBC Radio 1 performance in which the band ostensibly raped the song and left it for dead on the side of the road. I know that this isn't the tour and that it'll hopefully sound a fucking HELL of a lot better on the official tour....but wow. That performance could have been declared a felony.

If you shout... said:

That said, I'm unhappy to report that I'm no longer quite as excited about hearing the song live and in person following the BBC Radio 1 performance in which the band ostensibly raped the song and left it for dead on the side of the road. I know that this isn't the tour and that it'll hopefully sound a fucking HELL of a lot better on the official tour....but wow. That performance could have been declared a felony.

Hyperbolize much? It was their first time playing it live. It was a little rough. They'll work it out. My God, this place has been negative lately.

teebee said:

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Exactly my same impression. Definitely my least favourite song on this album.

Last edited:
This song is too U2 for me. it woulda been a treat had i heard it 4 years ago. the critics will have a field day if this is released.
i hope they dont release it although it is single material. OOTS is gonna be the 'one' of this generation if released.

AussieU2fanman said:
Damn you MD blasters! You're just lucky Axver's not here to tell you to get your hearing checked! :D

I'm here now! If you don't like Miracle Drug, GET YOUR HEARING CHECKED NOW!

Originally posted by chintito
This song is too U2 for me.

WTF? Then why are you a U2 fan?

Itll be one of my all time favourites.

Should be a classic rock song of all time, although people wont want to consider it that way.

i didnt say i didnt like it. its a cliched U2 sound and wont draw in new fans. so i wouldnt champion it for a single if i had the choice.

chintito said:
i didnt say i didnt like it. its a cliched U2 sound and wont draw in new fans. so i wouldnt champion it for a single if i had the choice.

Miracle Drug is the best song on this album and it is alone better than the whole ATYCLB album.

But i know where you are at when i read that you think Original of the Species could be the One of the "new generation". Well, i feel sorry for the "new generation"...

i wrote 'this generation' meaning the naughties. its the only song on the album along with COBL that i think has staying power with joe public ie non U2 fans.

Back
Top Bottom