This segue would be badass.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. V

Refugee
I don't know if it's been done before... but after listening to these songs, one after the other, on shuffle, I thought they'd be awesome live.

One Step Closer > Streets.

The end of OSC could go into Streets much like the Slane DVD, and how AIWIY goes into Streets with that long note :drool:

Got any good segues like this that U2 should invest in?

Eazy-V said:

The end of OSC could go into Streets much like the Slane DVD, and how AIWIY goes into Streets with that long note :drool:

I do like that idea for a segue, One Step Closer to make it's live debut on the next tour maybe...?

I've always liked the idea of Please > Do You Feel Loved

I recommended this before the beginning of the tour...

It's a shame they never did...

I'd imagine the list like this;

Bullet The Blue Sky
One Step Closer
Where The Streets Have No Name

However, One Step Closer would be a song done in a somewhat black and white with a shimmering color display, Bono would mininal walk around.

It sounds good but they tried quiet sounds in the past to open shows and didn't really work. MLK was tried I think may be once then they discovered it just didn't pack the emotional punch... plus the crowd was too loud.

I got one better:

One / Unchained Melody -> Streets.

Bono holds the high note at the end of Unchained... and goes into Streets in All I Want is You->Streets-style.

it was rumoured that they rehearsed this song...I think they went with Running to Stand Still instead

nah, i've said it before:

please -> city of blinding lights -> promenade -> streets

All I Want is You -> Promenade -> Bad -> 40 -> Running to Stand Still -> Streets

I'm still wiping the bits of brain off the wall from when my head exploded.

^I want WITS to be a regular, next tour. Dammit, it's a farken great song and should have been released about 10 years ago because with its recent release it will automatically get overlooked.

I'll mention a segue that has been done: Lemon -> WOWY as per the Zoo TV DVD.

Bono singing "midnight is where the day begins" to the sounds of Lemon fading out and then Adam's WOWY bassline starts up. Their best segue in my opinion.

AndrewCowley said:
I'll mention a segue that has been done: Lemon -> WOWY as per the Zoo TV DVD.

Bono singing "midnight is where the day begins" to the sounds of Lemon fading out and then Adam's WOWY bassline starts up. Their best segue in my opinion.

It's mind-blowing!:drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:
All I Want is You -> Promenade -> Bad -> 40 -> Running to Stand Still -> Streets

I'm still wiping the bits of brain off the wall from when my head exploded.

Well, yeah.

But "All I Want is You," "Bad," and "Running to Stand Still" are all really similar songs - the main part is the I chord to the IV chord. AIWIY and Bad are even in the same key. They have gotten a lotta mileage out of this progression.

I think that's why AIWIY and Bad were kinda an either/or proposition at a lot of shows.

Eazy-V said:
I don't know if it's been done before... but after listening to these songs, one after the other, on shuffle, I thought they'd be awesome live.

Got any good segues like this that U2 should invest in?

I thought that'd be a good idea before the tour started! :wink: too bad they never used it. I agree, it'd be a nice segue...Bono could do One Step Closer by himself if he wanted, with just an acoustic guitar and his voice, and the Streets intro could sort of slowly build up behind him, and like you said he could hold a note into Streets...it'd be great :drool:

another good Streets transition I think would be Love is Blindness -> Streets... I mean they both have the organ...and it's good contrast. U2's darkest moment transforming into their most uplifiting. it'd be brilliant, a good way to close the main set maybe

another one I thought of was Gone-->Running to Stand Still. Maybe that's kind of random, but I can hear Edge's 747 guitar at the end of Gone going into the intro for Running in a sort of ZooTV revival, but a new version of the song. I think it'd be really powerful.

LemonMelon said:

:yikes: How does that one work at all?

it's a subdued snippet type thing, the synth for Running to Stand Still comes in, the crowd's still doing the "how long..."s

then Bono does the harmonica bit, there's a half of tank of smoke, it's dark, he's wearing sunglasses.

Back
Top Bottom