this may explain radio play

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharky

New Yorker
wonder why U2 isn't being played in Boise? Probably because it isn't being played in San Diego either. Clear Channel is stupid.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/715538.asp?cp1=1

I especially liked this.

"Mr. Alan also used phone calls he had recorded during his live show in San Diego, editing out local references to make them usable in Boise. He typically greets Boise listeners by using names taken from e-mails he gets from Boise, or sometimes from San Diego callers. Then, he puts them in a situation using a real local place drawn from his research. Sometimes he does a bit less, though. After greeting ?Dawn,? who ?is stuck at work today,? he admitted off the air that she was ?somebody I just made up right now.?
Mr. Alan says his voice-tracked shows sound just as good as his live ones, and listeners ?don?t get cheated out.?"

such is the way things are going...unfortunately. unless you're the investor.

------------------
The liquid engineers left the pool heater on too long, and at night, chlorine vapors rose above the plant life of the planet, and I imagined my flesh, being inside the pool, being warm, and protected, feeling gravity, but able to mock it as I floated. Would you float with me now, if I asked you, would you jump in the pool and not even bother to strip? Could I strip you down, remove your clothing and we would fall inside the water together?

It scares me.

postx2
arrrrgh!

smile.gif

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 02-25-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom