This just in...Best of part II!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beLIEve

Refugee
:yes: I first heard this yesterday, and thought for sure it was a joke. But now, it has been confirmed by TWO very reliable sources. Now this straight off of the AP wire. It should be up on youtwo.net today.

9-2-02. AP.
"It just seems like U2 cannot keep anything a secret these days. First the new single 'leaks' out onto the net, and now the news of 2 separate 'Best Of' albums has surfaced in the UK and Ireland", quips DJ and remixer of several U2 tunes, Paul Oakenfeld.

A spokesperson for the band hardly denied the rumor earlier today, stating that "U2 wanted to call the second, secret release 'The Worst of U2:1990-2000', just to capture the irony and the 'f**k up the mainstream mentality' of that period." Interscope intervened, though, and now we're told by a record executive that it will simply be called "The Best of 1990-2000 II", and it will be released on November 18, 2002."

"Releasing three albums in three consecutive weeks is pretty aggressive, even by U2 standards. However, they have the material to do it, and this is sure to keep back catalog sales surging as well as satisfy fans with some additional new and reworked material", said the band spokesperson.

The unconfirmed tracklisting (although given out by the band's spokesman) is as follows:

Zooropa
Ground beneath her feet
Who's gonna ride your wild horses
So cruel
Acrobat
Ultraviolet Rays
Playboy Mansion (reworked)
In the Name of the Father (remixed)
Kite
Bulldozer (hard rockin' tune)
Wild Honey
I feel free (supposedly based on Until the End of the World?)
New York (reworked lyrics)
Peace on Earth/Walk On (similar to the tribute version)

All I can say is this rocks! There are still a few of the b-sides missing, but I like this tracklisting as much as the first album. Now we can have our cake and eat it, too. Can anyone else verify? Who has the inside track? This sounds to good to be true, but it's leaking out everywhere right now.

I'm not a newbie - used to be mvrU2 - but then the site got revamped. Any confirmation on this would be appreciated!

Last edited:
I think this would be very interesting if true... however, I don't understand the reason for your name change. Just because the site was revamped, you didn't have to get a new moniker....

Right now, I highly doubt that yet a third "Best Of" would be released. It would just be too confusing. Several years ago, when the Spice Girls could still sell albums, many casual fans complained about how similar the first two album covers were. Some consumers, wanting to buy the second album, inadvertently bought the first because of how similar the album covers were. I can see something analogous happening here with a third U2 90's "Best Of". If a person bought the single-CD version of the "Best Of" no harm is done. He/she still gets all the a-side songs and might save some $$ in the process. If a person buys the double-CD version of the "Best Of" he/she gets extra songs and a DVD. BUT... if a third "Best Of" is released, this could cause confusion. A fan wanting to buy the single CD 90's "Best Of" might accidentally buy this alternate version - in which chase he/she gets none of the songs he/she hoped to get.

Not only is this confusing for the fan, but the three albums could negate each other. For U2 to release 3 versions of a "Best Of" album, at least one CD single (with a DVD version) and then a DVD version of the videos for the "Best Of" - all within a month - would simply saturate the market and it might backfire on them.

Therefore, unless I see this confirmed over and over, I really doubt this would happen.

Still... it is a nice thought. :cute:

Last edited:
I think the giveaway is that, sereiously, oakie doesn't have much to do with U2 anymore, he's busy promoting bunkka, and wouldn't have any idea what's going on with u2, and if he did, he would not likely be telling the media about it.

Although I thoroughly believe this is horseshit (if U2's spokesperson gave out a tracklist, why wouldn't this also be on U2.com?), I wish it were true...*sigh*

doctorwho said:
however, I don't understand the reason for your name change. Just because the site was revamped, you didn't have to get a new moniker....

Duh! Because his new one is the coolest moniker in everville and I can't believe no one had already taken it.

Moniker

Dr. Who,

Yeah, I know, but when I went to post again, someone had my old name, which was U24me, not mvrU2. It's hard to keep U2 sites straight when you can't always use the same username.

Anyway, I always read your chart data, and just want to say thanks - I look forward to it every week.

All I know is that Salome and several others have been talking about this "2nd album", or 3rd, I guess, for two days now at another website, and would not bring the info over to Interference.com. They will be steaming mad at me for posting it here, but at least now someone has to deny it - or confirm it!

Ultraviolet Ray??

Or you mean, Ultraviolet (Light my Way)...

Tho I wish it'd be on there, I highly doubt it.

well id love to believe it...........but thats the problem!! the guy/gal who started this thread?? y'all DID see their name right??!!

Re: Moniker

beLIEve said:
All I know is that Salome and several others have been talking about this "2nd album", or 3rd, I guess, for two days now at another website,
wow, have I been that busy ?

doctorwho said:
Several years ago, when the Spice Girls could still sell albums, many casual fans complained about how similar the first two album covers were.
i thought this at the time too, but i didn't think anyone else did. :eek:

anyway, i doubt this is true but it would be cool for this to be true. btw, yes, i feel free did become until the end of the world. :wink:

_____
:wave: although i really like zooropa...

Salome knows for sure...

You might as well own up to it. I assume you are the same Salome from the "other" website, always talking about protests, setlists, and being sarcastic. There can only be one Salome...so tell what you know about this other album.

Back
Top Bottom