This is what's going to happen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ronan2standstil

The Fly
1. Nov 2nd John Kerry elected 44th President of the USA. Bush retires to Texas and retrains as a zookeeper. The world breathes a sigh of relief

2. Nov 8th Vertigo smashes to no. 1 in the UK and is a top 10 hit in the USA

3. Nov 22nd HTDAAB is released to critical acclaim. It becomes their 9th no. 1 translatlantic album, a record for an artist still recording

4. early Dec At the first of a series of promotional appearances at the top of the Arc de Triomphe in Paris, Bono appears holding aloft the hands of John Kerry, Jacques Chirac, Kofi Annan and Gerhard Schroeder. Kerry and Chirac join Bono on the chorus of "Sometimes you can't make it on your own"

5. Christmas 2004- HTDAAB is breaking sales records. Bono duet with Michael Stipe on a reworking of Fairytale of New York is the Christmas no. 1

6. Jan 2005- Cat Stevens elected Prime Minister of Iraq, appoints Ronan Keating as his Foreign Minister

7. Feb 2005 City of Blinding Lights is the second single and provides the band with another no. 1, their first ever double charttoppers in the UK from one album. The B Side is a version of "One" recorded by the Eminem and the Dixie Chicks

8. Mar 2005- Shockwaves around the world as Tony Blair resigns as British Prime Minister saying he is to join U2 as rhythm guitarist on their forthcoming world tour.

9. Blair is sacked by the Edge after missing too many chord changes on "Where the Streets Have No Name" on the tours second date. He retires to Texas and in the summer announces that he and George W are moving to California to get married. The newly-ordained Reverend Scwarzenegger prmounces them man and husband

10. July 2006- Ireland win the soccer world cup in a thrilling 4-3 heartstopper against England. Larry Mullen joins the team on the pitch after as celebrations kick off around the world

Well, it would be fun, huh.......

This is thinly-veiled political propaganda that doesn't belong to the Everything You Know Is Wrong Forum.

Cheers,

J

:lol:

Ronan2standstil said:

10. July 2006- Ireland win the soccer world cup in a thrilling 4-3 heartstopper against England.

You had me believing you until this bit...England scores 3 goals!!!!??....yeah right! ;)

It might be described as stretching it to say that Ireland might score 4, what with the mighty Clinton Morrisson and Robbie Keane making defences quake in their boots.. As for the political propaganda comment, just because its current doesn't mean its taboo. If you can't mock politicians and have fun while statingyour own views, I don't know what we are coming too. Wasn't that what ZOOTV was all about?

Re: Re: Re: This is what's going to happen

Aardvark747 said:

OI! Come on Tan, have faith!! Rooney and Owen will succeed.:wink:

Sorry, its all that old "30 years of hurt" thing kicking in :D

Sounds like a crap plan to me.

Since this post does have political undertones, I'll tell you how funny I find it how so many people say things like "Kerry will be elected and the country will breathe a sigh of relief" when more than half the country favors Bush!! Ahhh funny stuff.

Hey David..I thought it was, "The more these three drink the more Bono makes sense"? (I have a copy of that show).

England making a world cup final let alone scoring 3 goals is beyond belief.

1966 was a fluke. It's not gonna happen again. Unless it's rigged.

and 2006 world cup is going to Brazil or Argentina....

1. Some people do need to get a sense of humour
2. I have a right to include current material and my own views or those of others in the posts. Disagree if you want, but don't tell me I'm not allowed to express them. That's called totalitarianism. If the moderators find the content inappropriate for this forum, they can move or delete it as far as I'm concerned
3. England aren't as bad as you think, lads, but I think the Germans should be favourites for 2006, home adv et al
4. U2 have a habit of releasing the most commercial songs 2nd or 3rd, based on this I reckon the album will be a stormer. as Vertigo is much better than Beautiful Day. My only criticism is the 4 years between-albums habit! Can't wait for the tour, roll on 2005!!

I leave you with these thoughts
I detest your views, but I am prepared to die for your right to express them

Voltaire

We're one, but we're not the same

U know who

Ronan2standstil said:
Kerry and Chirac join Bono on the chorus of "Sometimes you can't make it on your own"

This image is very disturbing and will be hard for me to get out of my head when listening to SYCMIOYO.

Back
Top Bottom