This is the proper way to distribute our goodies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tip Top Prince

War Child
[

If I may make a suggestion, if you want to upload it to the sendfiles things, post here.

If you are prepared to send it out via email, post your email here.

If you want to be sent the file via email, don't post here, just email me (or someone who posts).

I know we are excited, but 10+ pages of email address is kinda stupid.

If/when you are tired of sending emails, edit your message and remove your address. :)

P.S - netscape has 250mb of email storage space. I recommend you get yourself one.

p.p.s - netscape won't send large attachments - only receive them. what a crock. :)

Last edited:
I think this board needs to discover the joy of torrents, because they go faster the more people are downloading them. it's what they were made for. ah well. they are a little complicated.

SkeeK said:
I think this board needs to discover the joy of torrents, because they go faster the more people are downloading them. it's what they were made for. ah well. they are a little complicated.
The use of usenet would be much faster, usenet is the best way of file distribution there is, but that's more complicated than torrents I guess :)

OpperGoeroe said:

The use of usenet would be much faster, usenet is the best way of file distribution there is, but that's more complicated than torrents I guess :)

That's actually true, too. Except I don't have my login info for my news server right now so.. bad idea :wink:

It irratates me to no end when people say things like "use torrents" - like EVERYONE is supposed to know what the hell that is????:wink:

vlasak said:
It irratates me to no end when people say things like "use torrents" - like EVERYONE is supposed to know what the hell that is????:wink:

They ARE!!! I know they don't.. but it would be useful if everyone did. It's the new napster really... and it really is quite confusing... observe:

"The BitTorrent protocol is a new way of exchanging or distributing data over the internet ( see http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/introduction.html ). Downloading also means uploading, and the amounts of each are linked, to ensure fairness and rapidity in the spread of the file at hand.

To be able to download a file, you first need to get the associated .torrent file. This file, usually a dozen KB in size, is the “signature” of the much bigger file to be downloaded, and it needs a software to be read properly.

(Azureus, BitTorrent... many others. I personally use Azureus)

If you want to host files yourself, you need a tracker, which is basically a central server coordinating the connections between peers."

Torrents are great, but i can sort of understand ppl not willing to get into all that modern technology stuff ;)

To me, this seems a lot simpler:

Get file & upload to yousendit.com & post a link.

When ppl have downloaded the file, they then upload a copy to yousendit.com and post the links they create. Repeat until demand is met or we're all banned from yousendit.com :)

Some of the problem seems to me to be that there just aren't enough ppl willing to share in the distribution task. As far as I'm concerned if someone can download a file, they sure as hell can upload one :)

I think it's a bit silly to think someone is going to torrent most of the small files that are being distributed here.

Do you want me to create a torrent for a 4MB mp3?

For the majority of what we're doing here I think yousendit is the way to go.

Although for many people it seems even that is too difficult.:|

Email is definately the most inefficient.

brownda7 said:
Having never used yousend it.com could someone gove me a quick "how to"? ie three easy steps for using "you send it .com"

Its just like sending an attachment via email:

go to www.yousendit.com

enter an email address (either u'r own or someone elses)

browse & find the file you want to send

click the "send it" button.

When its finished uploading, you'll get a link & the person who's email address you entered also gets the link.

Post that link and ppl can download the file from it.

Hope that helps
Cheers
Tanya

Ta! That seems easy.

I agree, everybody should upload one link every time we DL a file from yousend it. Will make it easy for all of us here.

:wink:

vlasak said:

It irritates me to no end when people don't want to put in any effort to learn about these things so they can get the files they want. :wink: It should take about 2 minutes to go to google and find out what a torrent is. It isn't that complicated, or hard to use Bit Torrent.

UKTan said:

Some of the problem seems to me to be that there just aren't enough ppl willing to share in the distribution task. As far as I'm concerned if someone can download a file, they sure as hell can upload one :)

I think you might be on to something here... :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom