This is not happening...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brettig

New Yorker
This afternoon while I was at university my brother went and deleted the folder(s) that held ALL my U2 bootlegs...i only have a couple on cds but i had about 20 complete shows on the HD, plus a heap of rarities, miscelaneous songs, b sides and even a couple shows by other artists...all the stuff ive collected via my crummy ole dialup connection in the past year has been lost like that, he didnt even ask me until after hed done it...I was buying a burner next week so i could clear it off the drive, but now its all totally gone...this isnt freakin fair
frown.gif
*sobs*

Im beyond anger, theres nothing it will do to help me, other than cause my folks to side with my brother...its just totally out of the blue and totally uncalled for...*is totally in shock*

OMG--brettig! I don't know what to say... I'm so sorry
frown.gif
I know that you've been working on getting that bootleg collection *sigh*

Please, please, please--atleast slap your brother around with a large trout or something... it's completely necessary!

Betty!!!! OH NO!
frown.gif
frown.gif

That sux! Your bro needs a good thumping I'd say!

Where are ya? Tell me what you had and lemme see if I can send u copies of any of the shows you had.
Sorry matey
frown.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif

I'm really sorry about that, brettig...
frown.gif

How can we help you???

[This message has been edited by christiana (edited 10-05-2001).]

man, that's awful

if you'd let us know which shows/songs you want, maybe some of us can download/burn them for you (may save you some time retrieving all the stuff)

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

OK, I?m a pacifist but that is too much!
If I were you I would kill him!

------------------
beLIEve

im here za, just open an IM...

thanks for the offers guys
smile.gif
...i wont say yes right now cos i dont wanna beg...we'll see, ill try to recoup some it myself.

Originally posted by brettig:
Im beyond anger, theres nothing it will do to help me, other than cause my folks to side with my brother...its just totally out of the blue and totally uncalled for...*is totally in shock*

Your folks are siding with your BROTHER?!?!?!??!?!?! Sorry, Brettig, you were born into a clearly insane family.
mad.gif

If I were your father, I would definitely side with you - and maybe even consider a a slight punishment for your brother (e.g. he spends time getting or helping you regain those lost files). As a person who uses a computer a lot, I consider it a criminal offense to simply delete files without asking. I understand that files take up valuable hard drive space - but your brother should have ASKED first. If he asked and you didn't do anything, then I would side with him. But for him to just presume that it is his RIGHT to delete files is inexcusable (even if it is his computer - if he shares it with you, you then have rights). I find your brother's behavior deplorable and your parents doing some poor parenting - clearly they must not be that computer literate to understand what your brother did was in poor judgment.
mad.gif

If I were you, I would seek some form of retribution - you would certainly be vindicated in doing so. And the best part is, you can do it on the sly.
wink.gif
For example, 3.5" floppy disks are not only sensitive to magnets, but being touched... it would be a shame for him to lose a paper he's worked on all night....
wink.gif

In a less evil suggestion, often deleted files can be reobtained - even if the computer was turned off. Seek help from people who are good at retreiving files.

They argue they cant do anything cos he didnt know what was in the folder...he deleted the folder entitled 'Games ETC' which included a folder titled 'Bootlegs' lol...yep he was negligent and unthinking and unfeeling, but he usually gets alot more slack than me in those areas *sigh*

Betty, well, dunno why im bothering replying as we are already talking in chat....but anyways. Drwho is right. Your brother is an ARSE for doing this, and the fact that you have no suuport is ludicrous.
Your brother should know better. Id kick his arse from here to Kingdom Come if he was my bro. Another thing, Ive seen you lose the plot over things so much smaller than this. I know its numb shock etc. But you have to vent, or else you will fly off the handle at something very silly later on and it wont make sense then.

Let me know about these discs, I'll try to burn them this coming week. I have some rare stuff too believe it or not
wink.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

OMG!!!! Deleting U2 is unforgivable!!!!! Make him sit and download everything he deleted and don't let him get up until he's done!!!!

------------------

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

in spite of your anger, you must remember he is your brother. plus he didn't know. not to mention he didn't mean any harm. it was an accident.

perhaps the good people of Interference can help you.

now do you see why some of us don't have bootlegs?
wink.gif

They argue they cant do anything cos he didnt know what was in the folder...he deleted the folder entitled 'Games ETC' which included a folder titled 'Bootlegs' lol...yep he was negligent and unthinking and unfeeling, but he usually gets alot more slack than me in those areas *sigh*

Funny thing computers... you can actually OPEN a folder to see what is in it. Bizarre how that works, huh?
wink.gif
Sorry, tarring and feathering is too nice for your brother (and maybe even your parents).

Originally posted by U2girl:
in spite of your anger, you must remember he is your brother. plus he didn't know. not to mention he didn't mean any harm. it was an accident.

An "accidental" deleting (say from a very inexperienced computer person) could be forgiven. This person PURPOSELY deleted the files. He could have checked to see what they were first. He could have asked Bretting. He did neither. This was not an accident nor should it be taken lightly. Forget the U2 aspect - I take the mishandling of computer files seriously. It would be equal to disposing of personal mail or tossing out items stored in boxes. Both take up room (just as files take up room on a hard drive). If one really needs the space, all one has to do is ask. Brettig's brother needs to learn some courtesy and the fact that Brettig's parents are unwilling to discipline him here questions their parenting skills. The lesson they are teaching him is to do whatever he wants when he wants without regard for someone else.
mad.gif

thnx again, well doc id like to agree and be harsh but its not in me i dont think...my bro isnt a bad kid but he can be a bit impulsive and he needs to learn to think about things and taking the right channels...my parents are great too, but they dont really care for my U2 habit, so not much i can do apart from remind them of this when they decide to trust my bro's judgement
wink.gif

Wow, that sucks. Go get 'im, Cain.

yarof

This afternoon while I was at university my brother went and deleted the folder(s) that held ALL my U2 bootlegs...i only have a couple on cds but i had about 20 complete shows on the HD, plus a heap of rarities, miscelaneous songs, b sides and even a couple shows by other artists...all the stuff ive collected via my crummy ole dialup connection in the past year has been lost like that, he didnt even ask me until after hed done it...I was buying a burner next week so i could clear it off the drive, but now its all totally gone...this isnt freakin fair
frown.gif
*sobs*

oh no Betty!!! thats absolutely horrible
frown.gif
frown.gif

I wish i could do something to help you but you know my puter skills especially involving downloading
frown.gif

siblings really suck sometimes..
beat him up good, man!
mad.gif

wish i could help..

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

Back
Top Bottom