This Is Going To Be The One.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I have this feeling now....

I personally have been waiting for them to make another record with the spirit and depth of AB for 13 years now, and this time I think we're gonna get it.

Don't get me wrong; I love zooropa, pop, and atyclb...it's just this time I think we're in for a SPECIAL record; one the rock world hasn't seen in quite some time.

I think so too. I've been listening to Miracle Drug over and over and I can't get enough of the guitar part at the end where Edge is soothing over and over and then it builds up to Bono singing the end lyrics!

Shit!!!

I hope you are correct.

For me, Achtung Baby is a rollercoaster ride that evokes different emotions, thoughts and memories. It's a journey from start to end, and each track is as important and relevant as the last. In short, it's genius. No other U2 album does that for me. I would really like U2 to make another one of these albums. Something that is thought provoking like only AB was.

after i heard ABOY and Vertigo, i thought this album would be AB2, but, after Love and Peace, i realize, this record will be a u2 redefining itself once again, and i think it will be totally different from AB in some waysm, but similar in the fresh sound that AB gave to us U2 fans

I feel that in some ways this album will be something new with tinges of everything that has come before (if this is even possible). Something tells me that the long wait will produce more than we could have imagined from this band.....nearly 25 years on!!!

i think in order for atomic bomb to be 'the one' or their next masterpiece, the band has to have found a collective theme and sound, rather than an assortment of ideas (like zooropa) and a mix of different sounds (both atyclb and zooropa). beautiful day garnered all the attention any single could ever ask for. but the album, although a best seller, in my mind, does not get the same attention.

atyclb, as a whole, is missing something and i think its attention - by attention, i mean from the band as well. the album doesnt not sound like the entire band is on there. for instance, i lose larry SOOOO easily that its startin to get to me.. if atomic bomb can get the attention as an album the way beautiful day got attention as a single, it may be 'the one'. every album has its own style and feel but id have to agree that there isnt a constant vibe throughout their albums since AB.

i realize that its nearly impossible to measure how much attention the band puts on an album, so i am in no way claiming i have the right to officially say anything like thats my feeling.

Mofo: You present an interesting thought.... and I think you might be right.

ATYCLB is an award-winning album and one of U2's best sellers. However, people don't talk about ATYCLB the way they talk about JT or AB. Granted, those albums have many more years than ATYCLB. However, it also seems that people look at JT and AB as collective works. Yes, there are select songs on those albums that people enjoy, but it seems the overall album experience is what people enjoy most.

In contrast, ATYCLB is more known for its singles (or select songs) than as an overall album. And this makes sense. Bono said it was U2's goal to create an album full of singles. The result is that ATYCLB is indeed an album full of very strong songs. And the songs do have a running theme (one of brotherly love). But that theme is not nearly as unifying or binding as that found on JT and/or AB. In other words, ATYCLB is more known for its singles than as an overall album experience.

I'm not saying people can't or don't enjoy the overall album. I'm just saying overall, ATYCLB is not thought of in terms of an album, but rather an album full of strong singles. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. In fact, this aspect could be what helped U2 succeed after the *relative* disappointment of "Pop". But with this new CD, I do hope U2 return to that overall album experience. :yes:

i think we're facing U2's best ever ever ever album, better then joshua tree, better than achtung baby.................oh, i feel like i'm dreaming, i can't believe they're back!!! ...........and what a comeback!!

I think this album will be the second coming of AB. There seems to be a genuine diversity in the music that seems to be arriving at just the right time. Thats what Achtung does for me. I feel the same vibe.

too soon for such comments.
we have good signs: the album title suggests greatness and from what we can understand from the 'juan & manolo' clips it seems that we will have great music as well, but that's all for now.

I think this might be their second greatest album ever, after Achtung Baby. No one is more excited about the new album than me (I had a dream about it the other night), but Acthung Baby is my favorite album EVER, I listen to it almost everyday! Would be hard to surpass it, but I am HUGELY in love with every leak so far so who knows? Maybe it will be AB II for me. :wink:

RademR said:
Would be hard to surpass it

Not in my opinion.

I think this album definitely has the potential to surpass anything made after Rattle And Hum. In fact, I'm fully expecting an album that will be within the top five U2 albums (Boy, Under A Blood Red Sky, The Unforgettable Fire, The Joshua Tree, and it). The feeling I get is that this will be an album that fans love, but I'm not going to take any guesses on mainstream popularity.

I think U2 have finally perfected there style now, this album will rock.
rockon.gif

ATYCLB .. I'm not big on comparing albums.. but for me , I mean all U2 albums have really wound me into them.. but this ATYCLB was really the Johnny Cash effect where when he sings you listen.. that's I how I felt about it..

:shrug: We'll see.

I don't think they can top JT (AB), but they could get close; closer than Pop or ATYCLB.

I am hoping for a special song (like WOWY or One) and a special tour.

Back
Top Bottom