This has OUIZY written all over it...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
U2 launch contest to design recording pad in the sky

U2 is preparing to move to a new recording studio at the top of a tower overlooking Dublin's River
Liffey.

Bono has launched a contest to design the 60m tower in the capital's docklands, which will house the
band on its top two floors.

The new Britain Quay site is around the corner from U2's present studio, which they were unable to
save at a planning hearing in January.

Speaking at the competition launch in Dublin Bono said the group would miss its Hanover Quay studio,
which the band has used since 1980.

"It's very hard to quantify or value what that studio that we have been working in for the last years means
to us," he said.

"There isn't really a price you can put on it and whatever the Dublin Docklands Authority offer us it's not
going to be enough, I can tell you that."

He said the studio, on the Grand Canal Dock, was an extraordinary place to work and was featured on
art work of one of the Dublin band's album covers.

U2 originally objected to plans for the development of the docklands.

The bid to save its current studio was however lost when the Irish planning board upheld its original plans
at a hearing, and their compulsory purchase order was confirmed.

Bono said that although the new building was not the best thing for U2 it was the best thing for Dublin itself.

I think it would be cool if someone from the forum could design it and win.

I say go for it too. You just have to show us the finished product. I have not see your work but I have faith in you non the less.

huh?

link?

dunno what you are talking about, but here is a way to get to my project:

Go to:

www.som.com

Click on:

Transportation (under the Projects area)

Click on:

Lester B. Pearson Airport.

There you can see some images of the project. I have no up-to-date images posted anywhere, but may in the future...

that's cool. :up:

you guys are doing lots of stuff in chicago right now. :crazy:

i think you should be u2's new studio designer. :|

Back
Top Bottom