Things you shouldn't admit here...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok-kay...

1. I think that R&H the movie is a bore apart from a few great live performances and that the band comes off looking like a bunch of over-earnest dullards.

2. I vastly prefer album version of Streets and think that apart from the amazing, celestial opening it sounds pretty hollow live.

3. ZooTV in Sydney is the worst-looking live DVD U2 ever made. I love the concert itself but I really have to try and ignore the awful colours and contrast,

4. Zooropa and POP are not anywhere as experimental and innovative as some fans make them out to be.

5. So Cruel, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses and Trying to Throw Your Arms bore me to tears.

6. Bono really irritates me sometimes with his politician-like ability to duck answering the hard questions, especially when it comes to his Third World work.

7. I think that HTDAAB is U2's most consistent album. Not the best or my favourite, just the one without any truly weak tracks and most songs running from good to great even though its highs rarely match the other albums'.

8. I couldn't care less if they ever play Acrobat live or not.

9. ZooTV version of The Fly is pretty mmeh.

10. I don't care if U2 accept corporate sponsorship for their tours or not.

11. I prefer UF over JT.

12. I think that Bono's speech in the middle of Silver and Gold is bloody embarrassing.

thrillme said:
From the looks of your avatar, you'll probably enjoy chatting with the Adam fans.

For all the slagging U2.com and Zootopians get from some posters here, I'm not sure I've ever seen a stickied thread on this forum for well wishes to a member who was terminally ill. Perhaps this forum is too large, or not many here would discuss it if they were that ill.

Well, I enjoy talking to fans of any band member, or fans of no particular band member, or all of them... but yes, I clearly am something of an Adam fan :wink:

And you see threads like you mention in PLEBAns, and possibly also Lemonade Stand, although I don't go there so much. Not stickied, but there nonetheless. The main forum(s) probably is(are) too large, and I can understand people not wanting to discuss it in any case.

I could live without them playing WOWY live, ever again.

Please needs to make a comeback.

Beach clip 402 is ten times better than 400.

Loved the Zoo

Axver said:

The stage setup was pretty neat. Shame the music and especially the setlists thoroughly stank.

Axman - if i'm not mistaken you were 6 years old when Zoomerang came to Oz. help me understand...

Saracene said:

1. I think that R&H the movie is a bore apart from a few great live performances and that the band comes off looking like a bunch of over-earnest dullards.

Oh god, me too. Most of the non-music bits in that movie make me cringe and cover my eyes.

Re: Loved the Zoo

bayou12780 said:

Axman - if i'm not mistaken you were 6 years old when Zoomerang came to Oz. help me understand...

I have a very large collection of bootlegs.

Yes, I know some people say you can't judge from a bootleg. I maintain that is entirely subjective and relative to how you experience a show. I personally find my judgement of a show/tour/band does not change because the factors that influence my judgement are present to the same degree on a decent quality bootleg as they are in person.

i also have a big boot collection and i would have agreed with you but all that changed after honolulu.
if you listen to the boot (i've got crisedge which is decent) you would say it was ok but not great.
but man, it was amazing - the vibe, the purple haze, PJ, the mike guy playing Wild Horses, Maddy on stage!, Billy Joe, Eddie Rockin in the Free World...

so based on the music you might say one thing but being there - there is no substitute - it's more than the music, the setlist, it's the WHOLE EXPERIENCE
man

i guess we can agree to disagree... thanks for the info and doing the setlist parties and the web page.

Oh, there's another thing I probably shouldn't admit here, but this is the thread for it: the Honolulu show sounded dead boring to me. :wink:

(I'm not a Pearl Jam fan and Green Day makes me want to fall off a cliff.)

There is no substitute for being at a show. A bootleg, a pro shot and even official DVD's are not the same as being there.

Not to start trouble, but I have seen some of the aud. clips of the Vertigo NZ shows. THe only part that comes accross as exceptional on this is One Tree Hill. Otherwise it seems like any other 5th leg Vertigo show. :shrug: I'm sure those that attended would disagree though. I also remember certain members that did attend those shows say they didnt want to hear the bootlegs of them because it would not do them justice. :hmm: Interesting. Just like Milan, the official version seems flat to me. I doubt the show was flat though if you were there.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:
There is no substitute for being at a show. A bootleg, a pro shot and even official DVD's are not the same as being there.

Not to start trouble, but I have seen some of the aud. clips of the Vertigo NZ shows. THe only part that comes accross as exceptional on this is One Tree Hill. Otherwise it seems like any other 5th leg Vertigo show. :shrug:

That's because there aren't any good videos of the balloon release during Streets from Auckland I. :drool:

:wink:

Blue Room said:

Not to start trouble, but I have seen some of the aud. clips of the Vertigo NZ shows. THe only part that comes accross as exceptional on this is One Tree Hill. Otherwise it seems like any other 5th leg Vertigo show. :shrug:

And much better vocals :shh:

You picked the wrong chocolate bar to mess with:tongue:

Now back to worshipping at the shrine of the most holiest of holies....THE AERO BAR....especially the mint variety:drools:

Actually, the bar I really dislike is the Crunchie Bar. It's good for about a bite and a half, then it gets old. By the time you finish and have a pound of hard stuff stuck in your teeth, you wish you'd bought a different bar.

Blue Room said:
Not to start trouble, but I have seen some of the aud. clips of the Vertigo NZ shows. THe only part that comes accross as exceptional on this is One Tree Hill. Otherwise it seems like any other 5th leg Vertigo show. :shrug: I'm sure those that attended would disagree though. I also remember certain members that did attend those shows say they didnt want to hear the bootlegs of them because it would not do them justice. :hmm: Interesting. Just like Milan, the official version seems flat to me. I doubt the show was flat though if you were there.

Exactly. You can't judge a tour, a show because of a bootleg, a video or a setlist on a computer screen.

"Oh how crap they played Bullet again"

Meanwhile at the stadium in Auckland Bullet is rocking out.

I hate crunchies:sick:

Used to give all mine away from my selection boxes.

Used to love Wispas but Cadbury got rid of them:sad:

LJT said:
You picked the wrong chocolate bar to mess with:tongue:

Now back to worshipping at the shrine of the most holiest of holies....THE AERO BAR....especially the mint variety:drools:

Is the aero bar the white chocolate one? Becuase I used to LOVE those when I was younger, and never can seem ot coax myself into buying one now because I'm afraid it'll be too sweet

bono_212 said:
Is the aero bar the white chocolate one? Becuase I used to LOVE those when I was younger, and never can seem ot coax myself into buying one now because I'm afraid it'll be too sweet
You're thinking of a Zero bar :drool:

They don't sell Aero bars around here :grumpy:

And how did this turn into the chocolate thread? :tsk: That one's in LS.

Back
Top Bottom