Things you shouldn't admit here...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WCF said:
- I like Babyface and The Wanderer
Joey788 said:
- I like The Playboy Mansion
gman said:
That you like u2!!
MrPryck2U said:
Saying something positive about U2.
SleepyDeadMan said:
I love Rattle and Hum.

thrillme said:
I like U2.com, the forum, way more than this forum. I just don't see the comraderie here, that I see over there. :shrug:
If you're serious, you may have just convinced me to pay for a subscription.

Blue Room said:
I like "The Refugee" one of my favorite songs on War.

last unicorn said:
I like PLEBA.
:yes: The cameraderie, and they *gasp* actually like U2 in there!! :eek: :wink:

An Cat Gav said:
Pop IS a great album.
October is a great album.
Passengers is a GREAT U2 album.
I would qualify this with an "IMHO", and also, I think perhaps they couldn't have made Passengers the way they did if they had done so under the name U2. The possible relative lack of perceived expectation (plus Eno's involvement, obviously) might have given them the freedom they needed to make some amazing music that doesn't fit into "rock 'n' roll". I love everything on that CD (although Miss Sarajevo not as much as the others, and I have to be in the right mood to enjoy United Colours).

Other things I probably shouldn't admit:

I hate it when people use the words "under-rated" and "over-rated" when expressing an opinion here. JT is not over-rated - you just don't like it as much as a lot of other people. Equally, October is not under-rated - you just like it more than a lot of other people do. Why be upset over a simple difference of opinion?? Using those words seems (to me) like people are trying to back up their opinions with an official-sounding word that carries an implication that, because they are in the minority, their opinion must be more valid. :confused:

I don't see the point in spending so much time posting negative comments about U2. Okay, I know I've said that ATYCLB is my least-favourite album, but I don't feel the need to post whole threads about the worst songs, the worst albums, which band members suck, which tours suck, which of Edge's hats/beanies suck... I mean, why??

I am fully aware that no one cares what my opinion is - and despite the act of hypocrisy that is my posting this post, I feel a great sense of futility when I think about replying to a lot of the threads in EYKIW, and often don't bother. I also don't (often) feel the urge to publicly disagree with people about U2, nor to try to change their opinions, or defend my own opinions.

Why are people so unkind? :sad:

I think Larry is the least attractive one in U2. :reject:

I also have a horrible suspicion that Edge's goatee is painted on.

Last edited:
I didn't put IMHO because I thought this thread was about saying things you "shouldn't admit", therefore I assumed saying IMHO was somewhat pointless as I thought it was obvious that it's my opinion..

Alisaura said:

If you're serious, you may have just convinced me to pay for a subscription.

:yes: The cameraderie, and they *gasp* actually like U2 in there!! :eek: :wink:

I would qualify this with an "IMHO", and also, I think perhaps they couldn't have made Passengers the way they did if they had done so under the name U2. The possible relative lack of perceived expectation (plus Eno's involvement, obviously) might have given them the freedom they needed to make some amazing music that doesn't fit into "rock 'n' roll". I love everything on that CD (although Miss Sarajevo not as much as the others, and I have to be in the right mood to enjoy United Colours).

Other things I probably shouldn't admit:

I hate it when people use the words "under-rated" and "over-rated" when expressing an opinion here. JT is not over-rated - you just don't like it as much as a lot of other people. Equally, October is not under-rated - you just like it more than a lot of other people do. Why be upset over a simple difference of opinion?? Using those words seems (to me) like people are trying to back up their opinions with an official-sounding word that carries an implication that, because they are in the minority, their opinion must be more valid. :confused:

I don't see the point in spending so much time posting negative comments about U2. Okay, I know I've said that ATYCLB is my least-favourite album, but I don't feel the need to post whole threads about the worst songs, the worst albums, which band members suck, which tours suck, which of Edge's hats/beanies suck... I mean, why??

I am fully aware that no one cares what my opinion is - and despite the act of hypocrisy that is my posting this post, I feel a great sense of futility when I think about replying to a lot of the threads in EYKIW, and often don't bother. I also don't (often) feel the urge to publicly disagree with people about U2, nor to try to change their opinions, or defend my own opinions.

Why are people so unkind? :sad:

I think Larry is the least attractive one in U2. :reject:

I also have a horrible suspicion that Edge's goatee is painted on.

Not sure about Edge's goatee, but Bono's hair is certainly glued on!!

The Joshua Tree is U2's best album, far and away. Achtung Baby maybe second but it's not close.

Streets, Still Haven't Found, and WoWY over-rated? so are the eiffel tower, the internet, and the wheel.

I think anyone who disagrees is a dolt.

i can't watch the RnRHoF performance because edge's fuckin beanie is on wrong!

Last edited:
discothequeLP said:

i can't watch the RnRHoF performance because edge's fuckin beanie is on wrong!

noes.gif

Re: there must be a better way...

bayou12780 said:

OK, this was a royal pain in the ass but uploaded to rapid share. Could not figure out how to put it in a folder so you have to download each file... yes I know but we must suffer for the music. Of course, replace xx with tt and remove space in between rapid and share.

hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23112548/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_01_-_Another_Time_Another_Place_mp3
hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23113971/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_02_-_Alone_in_the_Dark_mp3
hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23113972/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_03_-_False_Prophet_mp3
hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23113973/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_04_-_Inside_Out_mp3
hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23113974/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_05_-_Jack_In_The_Box_mp3
hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23113975/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_06_-_Tonight_mp3
hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23113977/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_07_-_The_Dream_Is_Over_mp3
hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23113979/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_08_-_The_Fool_mp3
hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23113980/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_09_-_The_Magic_Carpet_mp3
hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23113981/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_10_-_Street_Mission_mp3
hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23113982/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_11_-_Trevor_mp3
hxxp://rapid share.com/files/23114180/1978_-_BBC_Live_Broadcast_-_12_-_Shadows_and_Tall_Trees_mp3

If anyone can combine and zip, have at it. Also tried to upload to u2start.com and couldn't get it to work.

keep saying "file not found"

- The Bomb is actually a pretty good album (or to better put it: a very good collection of songs)
- Vertigo Tour was the 2nd best tour after ZooTV
- I love With a Shout
- October is a great album, better than Boy
- apart from notable exceptions, live versions of Pride and I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For are boring
- Beautiful Day is a silly song
- I liked Bullet the Blue Sky on VT (especially on the 1st leg)
- U2 should never retire Bullet
- 40 is a shitty song and an even shittier closer
- Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World is amazing

Ok a few more for me:

Popmart was U2's best tour, followed by Vertigo!

I dont think Acrobat is that great of a song and I could care less if they never play it live.

Playboy Mansion is one of the best songs on POP (w/Mofo being the only one that is way better). PM would have been great live, too bad Bono's production idea for the song was to expensive.

I think/thought "Love Rescue Me" was sort of bland live. (same for Wake Up Dead Man, studio and live)

I think some of the post HTDAAB demos sound like a cross between The Unforgettable Fire album and Achtung Baby.

I like "Elevation" live and studio. Its a fun song and the crowd gets into it live.

Last edited:
Couple more from me too

- I agree with Blue Room; The Playboy Mansion is one of the best off Pop

-Not a fan of New Year's Day, or even the War album

-October is a great album

-I listen to Bad when I can't fall asleep.

-I like Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World

I liked the Vertigo and Elevation videos
I think theres alot of live possibility in Bullet and Pride

wish edge would lose the beanies and just shave it off - go for the Kojak look and start sucking lollipops... who loves ya, baby!

Back
Top Bottom