Things you shouldn't admit here...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that i enjoy the 00's over 80's and 90's
that i loved the vertigo tour
that i Love WITS
that U2 are actually my favorite band

pretty much everything that gets dissed around here i like,

Last edited:
I love atyclb and htdaab :up: I also love Window In The Skies, it's my top played song on iTunes...

I haven't listened to UF or Passengers all the way through yet :uhoh:

- that you jerk off to pics of Bono in bubble bath.

- that you dream of seeing Adam Clayton's schlong in person.

Such things are probably better suited for PLEBA.

That is why I said it's better suited for PLEBA than here in EYKIW! Get with the program. :tsk:

Note: I didn't say I did afore mentioned things.

:uhoh: that's...very interesting...:wink:

okay as for me, I like HTDAAB. hell, I love it sometimes. it's not my favourite by any means but it's not their worst either

on the other hand I don't care much for the second half of War and I think UF is overrated

Given recent threads - I think Larry and Adam get slagged off too much. Some of the rhythmic stuff they did on Pop was damn cool (say what you will about the song, but the rhythmic interplay on songs like Miami and Please are well beyond your standard rock fare). It'd be nice to see that kind of interplay on the next album

Diemen said:
It'd be nice to see that kind of interplay on the next album

As much as I agree with you.... um.... have you heard the last 2 records??? :lol: The rhythm section sounds almost neutered on ATYCLB and not very interesting on HTDAAB except for a few moments here and there I think like the bass on COBL for instance. But none of it is as exciting as say the rhythm of Miami or Please like you said. How do you expect this from the next album now all of a sudden?

Zootlesque said:
- that you jerk off to pics of Bono in bubble bath.

- that you dream of seeing Adam Clayton's schlong in person.

do you really do that, zoots? :ohmy:

ah, it was a freudian slip, now you're just trying to cover up for yourself.

I think that a lot of U2's studio work isn't that good. What makes them great is their live stuff. Unfortunately, they don't release albums of their live stuff, so not that many honestly know this.

I think the constant falsetto in Lemon was overkill and ruined a possibly great experimental song.

I dislike tracks 6-11 on ATYCLB. Every single one of them. They bore me to tears. And tracks 2 and 3 only got good on the Vertigo Tour with new form. In this same idea...

I don't like the Elevation Tour at all.

I think Boy is one of their best albums.

Street Mission is one of my all-time favorite guitar solos by the Egde.

I don't like WTSHNN live.

I love Rattle and Hum.

Zootlesque said:

As much as I agree with you.... um.... have you heard the last 2 records??? :lol: The rhythm section sounds almost neutered on ATYCLB and not very interesting on HTDAAB except for a few moments here and there I think like the bass on COBL for instance. But none of it is as exciting as say the rhythm of Miami or Please like you said. How do you expect this from the next album now all of a sudden?

Oh I never said I expected it. I said it would be nice. :wink:

* I can't stand the song Wake Up Dead Man

* Bono as The Fly, Mirrorball Man, and Macphisto really creeps me out; I'm not into ZooTV

* I get annoyed when people say they like Numb just b/c it's the Edge singing (singing? talking) it

* I can barely stand to listen to Bono's Kermit-style vocals circa 1986-1990

* It kinda freaks me out when people know which guitars are used in which songs, but they aren't musicians themselves

Liesje said:
* I can't stand the song Wake Up Dead Man

* Bono as The Fly, Mirrorball Man, and Macphisto really creeps me out; I'm not into ZooTV

* I get annoyed when people say they like Numb just b/c it's the Edge singing (singing? talking) it

* I can barely stand to listen to Bono's Kermit-style vocals circa 1986-1990

Okay, 2 questions:

a. Do you like anything from the 90s? :lol: (honest qn, not sarcastic)

b. I don't really know what you mean by Kermit-style vocals circa 1986-1990 :uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom