Things look pretty bleak for St. Louis...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tkramer

War Child
I'm from KC, and I'm hoping for a date to be added here, but I also had hopes for St. Louis...but things look pretty bleak for a St. Louis date. I really can't see any other viable arenas than the savvis, and it's booked on the following "open" dates:

(Maybe this is why youtwo.net reported St. Louis probably won't get a date)

Oct. 11, 17, 18, 20, 21, 25, 26, 27, Nov. 1, 3, 6, 10, and then the circus is there for a week...

I am from the Kansas City area too. One of my coworkers used to work for the Kansas City Convention Center and she is hearing that the GA issue is the sticking point. The rumor is that it all goes back to 1992(?) when Axl Rose started a riot and the Riverport Ampitheater in St. Louis was on the verge of being destroyed by fans. You guys will have to help me on this---are there more strict laws on the books now that don't allow GA seating at shows? Since Kemper Arena in Kansas City is literally right next to the Missouri River that divides Kansas and Missouri, it is still on the Missouri side and Missouri laws apply. I don't have much hope for a U2 show right now, so I am prepared to travel anyway.

I wouldn't give up hope on KC until we hear otherwise, there have been quite a few rumors from 93.3 and 96.5 about a visit. Also, I know there have been several GA concerts at Kemper Arena in the last several years, (NIN comes to mind....) so I don't think that GA will be the determining factor in a possible visit...

Ticketmaster.com is showing Kemper Arena booked solid from 10/26-11/5 with the American Royal Rodeo. These are times when I am reminded that I live in Palookaville BFE as far as cities go. I am guessing that was the time frame U2 could have have played KC but the arena was booked.

[This message has been edited by ultraviolet_j (edited 09-10-2001).]

KC, STL, DALLAS c'mon fellas!! We got one show on the first leg and some mf'ing cities got multiple shows, we got one show for a 8 pr 9 state radius. I'm in OKC, and if we dont get a show here, we usually go 200 miles to Dallas, 500 miles to KC, 550 miles to St. Louis, we did get a Denver but thats 600 miles, screw 'em.

Okay...is anyone up for a carpool to Denver? It seems that is our only solid option right now. This is a joke. U2 needs to give us another chance. Just because we didn't sell out Popmart KC and St. Louis doesn't mean an Elevation show wouldn't sell out. This tour is completely different in it's scope. And what was all that about "U2 playing markets they didn't hit on the first leg"?

Back
Top Bottom