They're Remixing Pop!!! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2002, 06:43 PM   #21
Refugee

Local Time: 06:36 AM
I trust them...whatever they´re doing, they´re doing their best. If they think Pop need some rework and are excited about that than I feel good.

Btw, man at work

Old 07-26-2002, 06:59 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:36 AM
Well, considering how well the single remix of Please turned out, the fact they are remixing the rest of Pop - or at least some of the other Pop tracks - sounds like great news to me.

Old 07-27-2002, 12:34 AM   #23
Refugee

Local Time: 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by JOFO

bow 'bout a remix of hands that built america?
Hahaha..thought I might be the only one that heard this and saw nightmares of searching for U2 singles in the Adult Contemporary section. Although I didn't like much of the ATYCLB clips I heard either until I heard them finished. Bollocks.
Old 07-27-2002, 10:21 AM   #24
Banned

pop sounds great , maybe some lyrics are not quite good , but the sound and mix is perfect .

I wish they re-release remixed version of WAR , Boy , October , Unforgettable Fire and Joshua tree with full texts , pictures and bonus tracks and sound like they have on Best of 1980-1990 .
Old 07-27-2002, 12:56 PM   #25
The Fly

Local Time: 09:36 AM
Actually, if one album were to be redone, I would want it to be War. War is such a great album, but Bono wasn't singing to well on it. I'd like to see how that album would sound now if it was recorded with how good Bono sings now.
Old 07-27-2002, 01:23 PM   #26
War Child

Local Time: 05:36 AM
Doesn't Edge say that he wants to remix all of U2's records?
Old 07-28-2002, 03:41 PM   #27
Babyface

Discotheque Is On

Actually, Discotheque is one of the tracks that is being remixed. Adam himself told me as he was giving me and my 2 friends a ride home from Hanover Quay the other night. They had just finished "Hands" that morning. I took some digital video of him as I was getting out of the car, he was really nice to give me the ride and his Mercedes A-series is damn cool. Chris
Old 07-28-2002, 03:51 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Re: Discotheque Is On

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisManno
Actually, Discotheque is one of the tracks that is being remixed. Adam himself told me as he was giving me and my 2 friends a ride home from Hanover Quay the other night. They had just finished "Hands" that morning. I took some digital video of him as I was getting out of the car, he was really nice to give me the ride and his Mercedes A-series is damn cool. Chris

Why does this not surprise me? After all *I* really liked the "Elevation" version of "Discotheque". This pleases some of us...there's no way in hell you can please everyone. Forget it, it's not going to happen.
Old 07-28-2002, 03:56 PM   #29
Banned

i think it' looks like only a few tracks from POP which will go into new " best Of " compilation will be remixed .
Old 07-28-2002, 04:49 PM   #30
Refugee

the only song i think that they should remix is gone cause i think that live version with edge singing backup is amazing......far better than the album version.
Old 07-29-2002, 09:00 AM   #31
Elvis' Naughty Angel

All this speculation makes me laugh.

Oh and for some of you--> Remix, doesn't mean re-record, as in vocals

I don't care what they do. I am one of those fans who many like to cut down, 'cause I like pretty much everything they do, and I am a fan of "Pop".

*Rumours of new singles, albums, best of's, remixes, tour = Very happy fan.
Old 07-29-2002, 09:36 AM   #32
Refugee

My thought are that this Pop remixes will end as the B-sides of a couple of Electric Storm singles.
Old 07-29-2002, 12:08 PM   #33
you are what you is

Local Time: 11:36 AM

sounds like a good guess to me
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 07-29-2002, 07:16 PM   #34
Refugee

I'm guessing that the remixes will end up on the b-side or a single as well, I'd be surprised to see them on disc 1. My guesses are Staring at the Sun, Discotheque and possibly a rocking version of IGWSHA. It's exciting to be a fan right now knowing that we'll have a few new singles, a new album soon and another tour hopefully!
Old 07-31-2002, 09:08 AM   #35
The Fly

wink

I'm holding out for a Passengers remix- a techno/hip-hop version of "Your Blue Room", but this time with extra Passenger- Dr. Dre rapping the opening part instead of Adam's lines would kick ass.

(and for those humor-impaired- of course I'm joking)
Old 07-31-2002, 09:16 AM   #36
The Fly

Re: Discotheque Is On

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisManno
What?! Are you serious? Forget the remixes- you rode around with Adam? I have two issues with that:

1) That is f-ing cool as all hell. I'm an obvious Adam fan so that would be the coolest thing ever.

2) Do you know how dangerous that is? Adam is a notoriously shite driver. (although it wouldn't stop me from getting in his car)

If you see him again ask him if I can have his Ashdown combo when he's done with it (you can't get them anywhere here in the states)