They finally came (my U2 vinyl!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
U2Vinyl.jpg

A week ago I won via eBay 7 U2 LPS
Boy
October
War
Unforgettable Fire
Wide Awake In America
The Joshua Tree
Rattle and Hum

ALL IN MINT CONDITION. All for only 24 freaking dollars.

I already own Under a Blood Red Sky and Unforgettable Fire (Now I have two)

So that pretty much completes my 80's U2 vinyl collection. Well, I know of some stores around here that have 12 inch singles from The Joshua Tree, Rattle and Hum and the J. Swallow yellow LP thing that has a couple live songs.. I uhh forgot the specifics. I would also like to get Boy on vinyl again, but with the original cover.. With the uhhh boy.

I am sure there's more I could try to get, as well as venture into 90's stuff released on vinyl..

But isn't that rad that someone was selling their 80's U2 stuff and I snagged it for like 24 bucks? All of these would sell for more in a music store. I guess I lucked out..

Was this the right forum anyway?

Last edited:
martha said:
Tell me about the packaging, shipping, and cost of same.

The guy shipped al 7 albums (Rattle and Hum was two albums actually) in a 12 by 12 record shipping box.. It's about one inch deep too. He double packed it, meaning he put another box inside the box I guess. The shipping was only $3.10 and I guess that is based on weight.

So he probably spent about 5 dollars total, assuming the 12x12 record box was about $1 dollar and some change.

martha said:
That's good info.

*wonders where one finds such a box*

Try Mailboxes ETC, or a local USPS Store.

I think they specialize in odd shaped boxes for shipping.

I usually go to those places because our main post office doesn't have much to choose from.

That?s cool david, congrats. Btw, I have two Boy LPs, brazilian editions, with the original cover, the one with the boy, both vinyls in very good shape. I was thinking of trading one for something I don?t have, maybe...but oh well, it?s a along way from Brazil to California. Anyways, email me in case you?re interested.

MT

martha said:
I went to the UPS store. It was too expensive. :mad: They weren't creative enough in their shipping solutions.

But you've given me hope.

Yikes. I'd just find the box to ship it in and go to your regular post office, they're usually cheaper than trying to ship from places like the UPS store and Mailboxes ETC.

Back
Top Bottom