There's actually only 2 versions of Electrical Storm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
well... unless you count my ultrasexy remix of it.

But what I mean is... the album and single versions are exactly the same. Try listening to the single (xrt) version panned totally to the right, so you can't hear the left channel and see if it sounds familiar.

ehhhh? :sexywink: how's that?

Actually supposedly there's supposedly two more versions
One is a softer acoustic/synth version and the other is a semi-soft kinda trippy electric/synth version. Oy! :)

So now we have to dig those suckers up.

How sure can we be that these other versions are real? Because I'm pretty skeptical as to their authenticity. Why would Island, who was supposedly "desperate" that the demo had been leaked, then voluntarily release two other non-album/single versions of the song? Maybe I just don't want to believe that there are any more goddam versions of this song for me to find, download and covet, but this just doesn't make sense to me.

www.atu2.com has a picture of the promo-CD and it has two tracks, one of them just named Electrical Storm and the other called Electical Storm William Orbit Mix (Radio Edit).
So I guess there are two finished versions, even if I only have been able to find one.

principle: *collectively points and laughs at us*

We probably haven't heard anything official because they're having too much fun watching us all run around frantically trying to figure this out...
madgo.gif

All right, just saw the promo cd on atu2. Does U2France\XRT version correlate to just "Electrical Storm" off of the promo cd and the album version correlate to the William Orbit (Radio Edit) or is it the other way around!

This is confusing as hell!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Bottom line, I have all 3, but I'd like to know what to name them all!!!!!

Skeek, if you get a chance upload your mix of both versions to Sicy's FTP so I can check it out or let me know if it's somewhere else!

Thanks

:dance: :dance:

zoocarolina said:

Bottom line, I have all 3, but I'd like to know what to name them all!!!!!

Skeek, if you get a chance upload your mix of both versions to Sicy's FTP so I can check it out or let me know if it's somewhere else!

Are you sure you have all 3? That one that's just got less guitar at the beginning is only like that because it's a mono version of the other version.. that's what I'm saying here. I think the xrt version is the album version and the other... which i haven't seen any mp3s of (and yes i know all about u2wanderer.org and such)... is still not online. That's how I see things.

My remix should be downloadable from here

SkeeK said:

I think the xrt version is the album version and the other... which i haven't seen any mp3s of (and yes i know all about u2wanderer.org and such)... is still not online.

Now that I've heard the three versions out there, read all the articles and seen the scan of the promo disc, I've come to this same conclusion. But I'm still wondering why djs were playing the mono version and calling it the William Orbit version. Are they in collusion with Island in a plot to confuse the hell out of us? I really wish this would start making sense.

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

Are they in collusion with Island in a plot to confuse the hell out of us?

:huh: <--- the nail who just got hit on its proverbial head.

Thanks Skeek! I think I'm more confused now than ever, but I have a few mp3s to tide me over in the meantime. :yes: I have your version, the demo from BBC, the U2France copy and the album version (which may be the same as the France??????)

I'll enjoy them all for the time being!

:dance: :dance:

The more I think about it, there has to be atleast 3 + Skeek's unofficial version.

1) BBC Demo

From the Promo cd

2) ES
3) William Orbit Mix (Radio Edit)

& maybe others that haven't been relased yet, but I'm hoping the rumor of the pop remixes on the singles is true!

Back
Top Bottom