There should be no more War Children or Refugees!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Uh-oh! I just thought about something. Now that there is a real war, it is rude to call us war children. There is no hope for us, because the next step is refugee, like the ones fleeing in Afghanistan. We should invent more PC names for ourselves, what should they be?

hey i have an idea! lets change our names to super-sensor, sensor-overload, rediculous sensorship or sensor sensor sensor!!!!!

------------------
-deathbear

Some thought the same about New Yorker.

I argue that these names were and still are U2-related. I see nothing wrong with them.

I guess I'd understand if they were changed though. However, I personally feel that they are fine.

------------------
"But you take what you can get,
Cuz it's all that you can find,
But you know there's something more,
Tonight, tonight, tonight..."

I think we should spend our time worrying about more important issues. This isn't a big deal I don't think.

Okay, I hope everyone realizes that this is a joke! Don't flame me! (oh, flame, that could be a flamethrower like in war too!) We should be more senstive! Still, it is kind of ironic!
eek.gif

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
Okay, I hope everyone realizes that this is a joke!

Ha ha?

------------------

Originally posted by TylerDurden:
Whore Child?

*lmao*

Only for some of us...
biggrin.gif

------------------

Everybody should just post tons of crap until we are all Rock n' Roll Doggies...then we won't have to worry about it!
biggrin.gif

------------------

When do you become a rock and roll doggie, how many does it take! Can I be a rock and roll kitty instead?

When do you become a rock and roll doggie, how many does it take! Can I be a rock and roll kitty instead?

I don't know...isn't it like 4000 or 4500 or something?

And only special people get special statuses. I'm not one of them.

Don't beg for one either...or it will most likely backfire.

------------------

Originally posted by SkeeK:
I think we should spend our time worrying about more important issues. This isn't a big deal I don't think.

Amen.

Its kinda annoying talking about statuses still! Like *sigh* let it go! Just my opinion. whatever.

------------------
"Were one but we're not the same... some us like the POP LOOK!" - ME!

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 10-07-2001).]

i agree with U2kitten. we all know where the names came from, but right now i don't think it's appropriate. it's like sunday bloody sunday. i know the song's an anti-war, anti-terrorism song but i haven't been able to listen to it since sept. 11.

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She wore lemon, but never in the daylight...

Originally posted by mikal:
I'd like to be a Refugee again. It looks hopeless though.

Awwwwwww, what's wrong with your status, you sexy girl??
biggrin.gif

------------------

Originally posted by madonna's child:
i agree with U2kitten. we all know where the names came from, but right now i don't think it's appropriate. it's like sunday bloody sunday. i know the song's an anti-war, anti-terrorism song but i haven't been able to listen to it since sept. 11.

Um, lets not change....

CK says its appropriate!!

CK again

CK says trade ducats with me!

CK again, again

------------------
I will give you 2 GA's for 2 GC's!! Email or IM me or respond to the multiple threads I have concerning this. Help a desparate man out!!
Email:U2_Kennedy@yahoo.com
AIM: ckennedy77

Originally posted by mikal:
Hey! Stop it off!

*lmao*

------------------

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I don't know...isn't it like 4000 or 4500 or something?

And only special people get special statuses. I'm not one of them.

Don't beg for one either...or it will most likely backfire.

I disagree that 'special' people get them. You are special, Bonochick. A better term would be 'certain' people, because a couple of the people who have gotten them are nastier than most of the people who get flamed here. It all depends on who likes you, and likely who is friends in the chat. It's kind of like popularity in high school, some real jerks and jocks get popular and many nice people do not, but that doesn't make them 'special' only 'a select few' which all depends on who is doing the selecting. Bonochick, if I were doing the selecting, you would be 'special.'
smile.gif

I disagree that 'special' people get them. You are special, Bonochick. A better term would be 'certain' people, because a couple of the people who have gotten them are nastier than most of the people who get flamed here. It all depends on who likes you, and likely who is friends in the chat. It's kind of like popularity in high school, some real jerks and jocks get popular and many nice people do not, but that doesn't make them 'special' only 'a select few' which all depends on who is doing the selecting. Bonochick, if I were doing the selecting, you would be 'special.'
smile.gif

rolleyes.gif

Your just assuming that some of us mainly me, I'm sure, are "nasty" and stuff and are not "nice". Dear lord. Get of it!

Everyone is special or whatever! And yeah I know at least two people maybe these two people are really the same person, who are everything but "nice." They just like to play the victim!
rolleyes.gif

Move on!

------------------

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

smile.gif

rolleyes.gif

If I were you I'd move on.

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
hehe

mikal...shake it for the little cookies, baby.

wink.gif

Okay! LOL

------------------

Please change my status

Originally posted by Supreme Cutlas:
hey i have an idea! lets change our names to super-sensor, sensor-overload, rediculous sensorship or sensor sensor sensor!!!!!

Or we could change it to censor, then it would actually make sense.
wink.gif

Anyway, I really don't think we should change the titles. They're in reference to U2 songs. Should we suddenly not play any U2 song that has a reference to war or death now, too? Obviously, no. Let's not get all PC and ultra-conservative about this now...

Well, this is the way I see it:

A "window washer" gets paid. A squeegee kid doesn't, so you're still one up on somebody out there.
wink.gif

Originally posted by anitram:
Well, this is the way I see it:

A "window washer" gets paid. A squeegee kid doesn't, so you're still one up on somebody out there.
wink.gif

LOL!! hahaha.

I think she got what she wanted all along.
rolleyes.gif

------------------

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Back
Top Bottom