There Should Be a "Passengers: Original Soundtracks 2"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
It is, admittedly, not everyone's favorite side-project, but the fusion of Brian Eno and his ambient leanings and U2 made for a thoroughly interesting listening experience.

Music for music's sake...no concern over popularity.

Your thoughts?

Melon

I agree with your thoughts about Eno and his effect on the band. I really love Passengers and would be happy to see a 2nd version surface although I doubt it will ever happen. Who knows, maybe they will??? :yes:

melon said:

Music for music's sake...no concern over popularity.

Melon

Hmm, I think that comes awfully close to Larry's hatred of "art for art's sake" - I don't see it happening any time soon, though *I* wouldn't mind seeing a 2nd collaboration.

Of course, I've neglected to mention that I'm a fan of Brian Eno's own solo work. Considering that that scares away most people (ever listen to "Ambient 1: Music for Airports"?), I'm guessing that most reactions to this will be negative.

Oh well...

Melon

I would love it.

Won't happen, though.

I dig Eno's ambient work too.

Well the Passengers album is quite interesting, but
I think that U2 will never release another one. When they speak about this album nowadays, it seems as if they are not really happy with the results of this project.

Hello,

I always liked the concept of Passengers. More than that, I also like OS1 as it has some very nice tracks on it. As a concept, U2 could release a sequel (let's stick with the movie-speak) to it. But I'd like to see it in a broader sense. For a while, after Pop came out, I hoped for a Passengers 2 project. Not with Eno being the lead, but with Howie B as the main force. As Passengers 2 U2 (and Howie B) could then have made that full-on dance album everyone was expecting (you know, almost no guitar and long lyrics, but beats, bass and Bono's vocals singing the hook). Sadly, it never happened.

I'm still hoping...

C ya!

Marty

I?m with you Melon, an Original Soundtracks 2 is something I would appreciate, for sure. Kinda coincidence..I have listened to Passengers a lot lately. I love to put that CD on when I go to bed, usually really late...it goes well with darkness and the silence of the night.

I don?t think they will ever make another similar project though.

definately. they should abandon going for popularity anyways and make the most far out music possible.

melon said:
Of course, I've neglected to mention that I'm a fan of Brian Eno's own solo work. Considering that that scares away most people (ever listen to "Ambient 1: Music for Airports"?), I'm guessing that most reactions to this will be negative.
my husband loves this album. :D

Totally on Melon's side. Slug and Beach Sequence are the most magnificent pieces of music I've heard. Eno kicks ass.

I'd love another taste of Passengers...but I wouldn't say so while in close proximity to Larry, for fear of having my head bashed in with a shovel. :D

Bonochick said:
I'd love another taste of Passengers...but I wouldn't say so while in close proximity to Larry, for fear of having my head bashed in with a shovel. :D
true dat. :eeklaugh:

I'd like to see a Passenger II someday.

Back
Top Bottom