The Zooropa rules thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, it is so unconventional but so smart!!! I really love the lyrics.. the "what do u want" u can listen at the back is awesome!!!! Gr8 message 2.. and well, not to mention the music!!!! :wink: :wink:

Awesome song. I love the lyrics, especially the "And I have no compass/And I have no map/And I have no reasons/No reasons to get back." Its like Bono is telling us all that we really need to ditch our old ideas about what the band is about, and embrace this new U2. :up:

One of the best U2 songs ever. It's amazing what they did on that song. :drool:

Yes, this is a great song. I wrote a 9 page paper on this album and got an A on it. My professor loved it.

I LOVE that song! I once put it on after not hearing it for around a YEAR and the guitar riff at the beginning and the bass and 'atmospheric sounds' just melt together and I thought to myself "This is the greatest tune ever written!" It's THAT good. My number one U2 track!

Great post!!! I can remember when I bought this CD right after it came out - unbelievable - nothing like playing loud and enjoying the unique sounds and just listening to the words.

Would love to hear them play it live, but I bet it would be difficult to play - since they have only played it live a few times. :(

the transition from "we've got that ring of confidence"....to "and i have no compass.." is amazing
and the message that "skip the subway, let's go to the overground" sends is beautiful

The whole song is a celebration of life (and ads).
Gives me chills every time I listen to it.
Definitely in my top5 of U2 songs,and it's from my favourite album.
The Holy Trinity of Zooropa : Zooropa - Lemon - Numb

Last edited:
'I hear voices, ridiculous voices'

Don't know why but I just love that line.

Haha! I doubt the first couple of verses are really MEANT to make sense, the third part of the song ('and I have no compass...' and so on) is bloody fantastic though, lyrically...almost as amazing as the music itself!!

MacPhistoPT said:
Great song! My 2nd preference in the album after Stay

And I don't like Zooropa album...

but this song... :drool:

How can you not like the Zooropa album with that nick and avatar:wink:

Back
Top Bottom