The Worst U2 Cover EVER!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonoman

Refugee
I am listening to the worst cover of a U2 song in my whole entire life. Many of you might have heard it before.

Song: I Will Follow
Artist:THRID EYE BLIND!!
The guitar parts arnt that bad. But if u have any exp. on the g-tar then you could play it.
The singing is sounds like kareokee night at the whole in the wall bar around the corner where they are having a going out of buisness free bozze sale.
You must hunt this track down and listen to the horror of it. yes you wont be able to sleep that night but you will forever be reminded of how bad someone could buthcher U2!!!

Note. I found it on Morpheus.

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

[This message has been edited by bonoman (edited 09-15-2001).]

OMG!!! YES!! It's horrible! I just heard it a couple weeks ago for the first time and I cringed!! I cant listen to it!

mad.gif
LOL!

------------------
Religious Nuts, Political Fanatics In The Stew
Happily Not Like Me And You
That's where I lost you....

Sicy's Website

dude, it's third eye blind. what do you expect??

------------------
Make Love!
Not War

I've not heard 3IB's version of IWF yet, but it would have to be pretty bad to compare w/ Cher's cover of ISHFWILF. Caught that one about a month ago- still keeps me awake at night.

------------------
Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to just tell them to fuck off. I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen.

biggrin.gif
I remember downloading that like a year ago... it was horrible! I was like :X!

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

You know, I consider myself a fan of TEB. That said, this cover is very poor. I don't know when it was played, but it's not even very good for a high school band, let alone a multi-platinum rock band.

A much better cover of IWF is the one by Collective Soul from Woodstock '94.

------------------
Change is the only constant

The worst thing about that one is what he says beforehand. It not only is pointless, it makes Jenkins even MORE of an idiot.

[This message has been edited by Johnny Swallow (edited 09-15-2001).]

Hehe, there is son many bad U2 covers! Like.....you just don't mess with perfection!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Smashing Pumpkins did a version of Stay, acoustic too, did not work at all for me.
And well, the fecking eejits here, some girlband, can't remember their name, did a version of AIWIY and killed it pretty bad. Shame shame shame.

Any other terrible U2 covers?

Didn't Pet Shop Boys do one of.....?...hmm......can't remember which song, I can remember it sucked major ass though.

Third Eye Blind make me ANGRY GODAMMIT! I remember watching the Grammy's or something years ago and they did the crappest ...oh what was that song???.......Semi-Charmed Life or whatever, and that guy thought he was fucking Bono. Like seriously, I swear he thinks he's Bono. He even copies his hair. This should not be tolerated.
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by LuvLady (edited 09-15-2001).]

Don't mess with that cover of Stay. Corgan did a good job on his version. Wanderer and I both say so, therefore it must be true.

listen to 3eb's 'Motorcycle Driveby', 'God Of Wine', or almost all of the Blue album(which is the second) and I think they come off pretty well.
But the cover is very bad. Jenkins can't sing but he does have his moments where he can write.

Originally posted by lazyboy:
Didn't Pet Shop Boys do one of.....?...hmm......can't remember which song, I can remember it sucked major ass though.

Streets...and I didn't think it was all THAT bad.

------------------
They want you to be Jesus
They'll go down on one knee
But they'll want their money back
If you're alive at thirty-three
And you're turning tricks
With your crucifix
You're a star

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

I had the misfortune of sitting through Third Eye Blind opening for U2 on Popmart. I am not a fan.

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
The worst thing about that one is what he says beforehand. It not only is pointless, it makes Jenkins even MORE of an idiot.

Agreed! This was the first song he learned to masturbate to? Ewww...spare us, please.

Originally posted by StarsnStripes:
Cher's cover of ISHFWILF. Caught that one about a month ago- still keeps me awake at night.

CHER?! OMG. What has the world come to? *tremors*

------------------
~*Mona*~
"We're one, but we're not the same. We get to carry each other"

Originally posted by SkeeK:
I had the misfortune of sitting through Third Eye Blind opening for U2 on Popmart. I am not a fan.

You too SKeeK...I Booed them thru out their entire set!!! My sis told me to chill out, I would have rather heard U2 play an extra 45minutes!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

how many covers are there?

i've only heard the Pet shop boys cover of Streets (didn't think it was bad) and an a capella (sounded like a choir singing) version of I still haven't found what i'm looking for (not bad at all).

------------------
"the beat of every U2 song is the pulse of every human heart"
- Carson Daly, introducing U2

the goal is soul

"be uncool, yes be awkward"

Cher's version of ISHFWILF isnt great but at least she tried on it. This idiot was yelling and making stupid comments. It is the uder worst song EVER@!!!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

one - the cover i just hear at some local music festival (terrible!!! damn wind blowing the sound towards our house)

**realizes that I am the only one here that loves Third Eye Blind**

must be the cheese

------------------
"Look what you did you little JERK!"

"Kevin! You're such a disease!"

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
Don't mess with that cover of Stay. Corgan did a good job on his version. Wanderer and I both say so, therefore it must be true.

I disagree, don't like it, plain and simple. I like the Pumpkins, I like Billy Corgan, but I do not like their version(well, it might as well be HIS version) of Stay. I dunno, maybe I got a shitty download, but heck, it was so drab and dull and crap I deleted it to make room on my piece of shit computer.

I was a bit hard on the Pet Shop Boy's Streets, now that I think about it, twas a decent tune.

And the crappy Irish girlgroup were Bellefire

Dream Theatre, I believe, did a great cover of "Bad". It stayed true to the Unforgettable Fire album version, rather than sounding like the powerful live version U2 turned the song into.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

I agree with others that the Pet Shop Boys cover of Streets is about as good as it gets. I actually like what they did with the song and how they incorporated "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" (or whatever its called).

I think it works because they didn't just try to replicate U2 exactly.

And bullet the blue sky, I just read in Flanagan's book about how U2 wished they had listened to Island Records when they complained that the October cover was flat out bad...
biggrin.gif

I heard a version of One done by the lead singer of REM. It wasn't bad, but it was wierd to hear the REM guy singing a U2 song.

Bullet, I think that October is the worst ever too. In the words of Bono, it was a "Fasion Massacre"

Woohoo!! I had the exact same reaction
frown.gif
Everyone including Bono seemed to think it was fantastic but......yeah, it's not for me!

Back
Top Bottom