The world is an amazing place - I'm happy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bingo

The Fly
I just gotta say this... I'm amazingly happy.

I joined here not long ago. When I said hello in the Babyface Cafe, I mentioned that several years back I suffered through having a fire burn most of my stuff up.

The thing I hated losing the most was my collection of U2 memorabilia - bootlegs, imports, rarities, posters, etc.

My pride and joy at the time was a 2 record set I'd picked up. It was an outstanding copy of a concert from the Joshua Tree tour. Excellent sound quality, great song selection, great performances.

After the fire and losing everything, I kinda got disillusioned with collecting U2 stuff. I'd had literally years of work go down the drain.

Well, after finding this place and doing some reading around here, and at other sites I'd seen referenced here, I learned something I didn't know!

It appeared that VERY SAME bootleg is what ended up becoming 'Rock's Hottest Ticket' !!!

The second I pieced that together, I poked around and found at least one copy being offered on E-Bay. It's a CD-R, but I was so thrilled to see it, I bought it.

It came today, I just popped it in, and it ABSOLUTELY is that very same recording that I was just positive I'd never find again.

I can't express how cool this is to me. I just knew that I'd never hear that recording again. It sorta symbolized to me what I'd lost in that fire.

Granted, 10 years later now, I've been able to look back with a lot of pride at what I've rebuilt after it all. That itself is a long story I won't go into, but that one record always hung out there as a memory of it all. In fact, I kept the one melted shard of vinyl left up until last year when I moved.

Now I get to listen to it again, and have at least a little piece of all that stuff.

Of course, now I wonder just how much a pristine LP version of that from BEFORE it was known as Rock's Hottest Ticket would be worth, but I ain't gonna go down that road!! :wink:

If you are actually still reading all this - thanks for letting me ramble!

Bingo

Last edited:
I can't imagine losing all my U2 things like that, let alone everything else. I'm so afraid of fires. :sad:

You should stop by the All I Want is U2 forum if there are boots you're still missing. :wave:

neutral said:
I can't imagine losing all my U2 things like that, let alone everything else. I'm so afraid of fires. :sad:

You should stop by the All I Want is U2 forum if there are boots you're still missing. :wave:

Heh. I've been sorta lurking around there a bit.

There's.... errr... about 3 dozen to replace. cough. :eek:

I'll certainly be looking to grab some stuff though!

B

neutral said:
Heh I know the feeling. :huh: I lost ALL of my U2 stuff recently, about 150 gigs of it stored on an external drive. :crazy: :no: Luckily I had backups of a lot of it though.

YeeeeooOOOWWCh. Yeah, that would indeed suck-eth.

I expect the neighbors got an earfull that night?

Glad ya got most of it back though.

Heh, while I obviously don't have much, I can apparently get ya a copy of Hottest Ticket if ya still lack that. laugh :laugh:

Thanks again to all the folks here for the welcome and giving me a place to come for my U2 fixes!

B

Very cool, Bingo! I'm glad you got the boot back. It is indeed one of the best out there. :)

And welcome to Interference! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom