The Who rocked the house!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
I was very very impressed by their performance last night!
They played eveything almost perfectly, it was great to see Townshend back in fine style, executing his signature windmills with pefection. And Daltry, of course, whipping the mic around like only someone who has done in all his life can!

If I can rock it our like that when I'm over 50 I will be estatic!

I was sad there U2 was not there, it would have been cool. But they did play New-York over the intro.

James Taylor was amazing as well, by the way. Fire and Rain in such a great song!

------------------
"We got no style...swagger...but no style"

Yeah, The Who definitly did rock..I loved it..was one of the highlights of the show....I was just waiting for Pete Townsend to smash his guitar at the end...how great would that have been...
biggrin.gif

The Who were awesome. Pete Towsend says on his website that he considered playing on Bowie's "Heroes" because The Edge backed out, but decided to stick with The Who.

I wonder what the "crisis" in Europe was that kept U2 away? They would have been great.

Can not agree more, I just watched it again cause I was in disbelief the first time. OH WOW!!!

Watching the firefighters and cops all jumping and trying to head bang was also hilarious.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Baba O'Reilly was kick f'ing ass!!!!!!!!!!!

I think its one of the most underrated rock songs of all time, Pearl Jam does an average cover version of it occasionally, but I'll take 3/4 of the original band anyday.

Back
Top Bottom