The Wanderer as a Single?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Soar

War Child
If U2’s Tribute version of The Wanderer was released as a single what would be the b-sides?

1. The Wanderer (Johnny Cash Tribute – November 16, 2005)
2. Dreaming With Tears In My Eyes
3. Smile
4. Slow Dancing (w/ Willie Nelson)
5. Don’t Take Your Guns To Town

why the choices? [apart from the obvious track 5 which was already used on Elevation] :huh:

strictly for fun - a single for own listening pleasure. Maybe something to share with others to show a different side of U2?

The single will be in the next album, and it will be called The Northern Star.

Isn't it the rumored unifinished song about Johnny Cash?

And The Wanderer from Johnny Cash Tribute will be the only b-site.

Maybe a big Single :)

1. The Wanderer (Johnny Cash Tribute – November 16, 2005)
2. Dreaming With Tears In My Eyes
3. Smile
4. Slow Dancing (w/ Willie Nelson)
5. Love Rescue Me
6. Van Diemen’s Land
7. Don’t Take Your Guns To Town (U2)
8. Don’t Take Your Guns To Town (Johnny Cash - The Essential Johnny Cash – 2002)
9. One (Johnny Cash - American III: Solitary Man – 2002 reissue)
10. Hurt (Johnny Cash - American IV: The Man Comes Around – 2002)
11. The Wanderer (U2 w/ Johnny Cash - The Essential Johnny Cash – remastered – 2002)

It should be released as a b-side to the Original single

speaking of which, does anyone know what the b-sides are going to be?

It seems to only be a promo single, in which case it might not have any B-sides. But I dunno.

According to u2wanderer.org, Species is anticipated to be released as a Single in Canada. So, it could be like the other Singles - 2 CDs & 1 DVD. It would be great if this new version of The Wanderer is one of the b-sides. Why not The First Time (acoustic version from the 3rd Leg) too.

At the Toronto 3 & 4 concerts the Director of the new Leonard Cohen film (featuring U2) was on stage filming ABOY and Fast Cars. Maybe both of these videos will be on the DVD single? I enjoyed the live version of Fast Cars over the album version.

Oh gosh...

I would LOVE to see this as a single. Yeah Smile, and probably something like the Jacknife Lee remix of One Step Closer or whatever song JL missed.

Back
Top Bottom