The VH2 Daddies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boystupidboy

Refugee
I know its an old list but heres who VH2 rate as the greatest ever rock and roll bands(just watched it on the box)

#5 - Led Zeplin

#4 - Oasis

#3 -Rolling Stones

#2 - Queen

#1 - U2 :drool:

Dont know who/how the list was compiled exactly but i agree with their choice of number 1 :rockon:

I like where U2 is...get rid of Queen & Oasis and put in 2 other bands at 4-5.

Oasis don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as the other bands.

U2girl said:
Oasis don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as the other bands.

Uh, yes they do...two of the best albums of all-time, a massive impact..Queen, for example are absolute shit, the Stones are somewhat overrated.

Sleep Over Jack said:

Queen, for example are absolute shit...

I know music is subjective, but... :huh: I fail to see how the words "Queen" and "shit" could be used in the same sentence. Unless, of course, you're talking about ol' Lizzy's bathroom habits.

Subjective: Queen are a fantastic band.
Objective: Freddie Mercury had incredible vocal ability.

lol Oasis wouldnt even be in the top 30 bands whether they have 2 albums that are great or not...in my opinion they only have 1 album that is great. The Verve has the same number of great albums as Oasis and I wouldnt put them in the top 30 either.

This would be my list if I had to make one

1. U2
2. The Beatles
3. Led Zeppelin
4. Pink Floyd
5. Beach Boys

and going down the list...

6. Queen
7. The Who
8. The Clash
9. Depeche Mode
10. Inxs

That should be it for now.

Queen was a cuting edge rock band with great songs, vocal (geez, what great vocals!) and the musicianship was outstanding.

Oasis has had some very good albums, but the Stones have so many great hits, you can't compare the two. Really, it just doesn't match up. Oasis over Led Zeplin? Again, the two aren't in the same ball park.

The Beatles might have been what some called a soft rock group, but during their time, they were not considered soft rock. The Monkees were, but the Beatles were cutting edge.They were the most musical group ever. So, how can they be absent. Just nuts! U2 should be #2 in my book.

Watched this tonight, watched from about top 30 onwards, and from top 20 intently. Obviously looking for U2. I thought they would definitely be top 10 and maybe top 5.

I even predicted that in the top 5 would be Led Zepplin, U2, Queen, The Rollling Stones and The Beatles, thought it would be in that order actually.

It got down to number 5 and it was Led Zepp and I was pretty happy with my guess. Then Oasis at number 4 my jaw dropped. I knew there were 4 bands left for only 3 positions, I was now thinking that U2 must have been screwed over like I have seen so often seen before and been like 27th or something and I must have missed them while doing something earlier.

I thought it was Stones, Beatles and Queen left .

Stones were 3rd (behind Queen) which I didnt agree with but fair enough, VH1(2) are renowned for over rating Queen (not that they're bad just no better than a lot of other great bands who don't seem to get the same recognition.)

So Queen 2nd and I now know for a fact that The Beatles are number 1. I am pissed at having watched the show for the last 2 odd hours and not seeing U2.

I'm browsing the net and then I hear Beautiful Day I was truly shocked. Happy but shocked they got number 1. I guess they must condier the betles a pop band. Got no qualms with that tbh, a very pleasant surprise.

-Macphisto-UK said:
Watched this tonight, watched from about top 30 onwards, and from top 20 intently. Obviously looking for U2. I thought they would definitely be top 10 and maybe top 5.

I even predicted that in the top 5 would be Led Zepplin, U2, Queen, The Rollling Stones and The Beatles, thought it would be in that order actually.

It got down to number 5 and it was Led Zepp and I was pretty happy with my guess. Then Oasis at number 4 my jaw dropped. I knew there were 4 bands left for only 3 positions, I was now thinking that U2 must have been screwed over like I have seen so often seen before and been like 27th or something and I must have missed them while doing something earlier.

I thought it was Stones, Beatles and Queen left .

Stones were 3rd (behind Queen) which I didnt agree with but fair enough, VH1(2) are renowned for over rating Queen (not that they're bad just no better than a lot of other great bands who don't seem to get the same recognition.)

So Queen 2nd and I now know for a fact that The Beatles are number 1. I am pissed at having watched the show for the last 2 odd hours and not seeing U2.

I'm browsing the net and then I hear Beautiful Day I was truly shocked. Happy but shocked they got number 1. I guess they must condier the betles a pop band. Got no qualms with that tbh, a very pleasant surprise.
That was my train of thought.I was thinking 'here we go ,u2 shafted again then,bamb ....#1.Quite a pleasant suprise.

Back
Top Bottom