The Vertigo Tour started two years ago today.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, drag.
I even attended the Joshua Tree gig the night before.

I think I can remember your face though, you're not just an average looking fellow..

I met NB, Kelly Eliv8 Joyfulgirl, The LA Twins and so many more ppl.

Good times.
:)

unico said:

well now i'm tempted to go to the next opener! Hawaii was very different from the other show I went to. of course, the release date of the new album could mean that the energy at this opener might be different than the one you went to. 4 years was it? since Elevation?

Hawaii was my first U2 show ever, so I was kinda bummed by the energy to be honest. It wasn't living up to my expectations at all...mostly to do with the idiots around me in the seats. Not being in GA didn't help, plus they didn't play Electrico ect... or 40 or Walk On or RTSS.
But other than that it was great, I still made it a great night! Jumped the whole time!! So sad it's over... :sad:

Jeannieco said:

Hawaii was my first U2 show ever, so I was kinda bummed by the energy to be honest. It wasn't living up to my expectations at all...mostly to do with the idiots around me in the seats. Not being in GA didn't help, plus they didn't play Electrico ect... or 40 or Walk On or RTSS.
But other than that it was great, I still made it a great night! Jumped the whole time!! So sad it's over... :sad:

Aww sorry to hear that didn't work out the way you wanted it to. Join us in GA next time. I have to say, I've only done GA for U2 shows. I think it is worth the committment involved. Plus, it makes it more than just a concert, but a whole world of experience. I met some awesome people, whom I still talk to today. I really think that the community also plays a big role in the shows. Like other people had mentioned, seeing them for the first tiem in like 4 years, people were going nuts! For me, in Hawaii, knowing it was the last show of the tour, and all that I went through to get the tickets, it was like I was on a pixie stick high the whole time!

Maybe I'll see you at the next opener :)

I remember showing up fairly late, and standing in the sweetspot with my wife, hoping my tape turned out. I thought the opener was much better than the closing night. More energy and excitment.

Then the fun the next day (today) of getting the recording up and all that hoopla...

Chrisedge said:
I remember showing up fairly late, and standing in the sweetspot with my wife, hoping my tape turned out. I thought the opener was much better than the closing night. More energy and excitment.

Then the fun the next day (today) of getting the recording up and all that hoopla...

And thank you for it! I'm pretty sure you made everyone's March that day Chrisedge

~A.j.~

unico said:

Aww sorry to hear that didn't work out the way you wanted it to. Join us in GA next time. I have to say, I've only done GA for U2 shows. I think it is worth the committment involved. Plus, it makes it more than just a concert, but a whole world of experience. I met some awesome people, whom I still talk to today. I really think that the community also plays a big role in the shows. Like other people had mentioned, seeing them for the first tiem in like 4 years, people were going nuts! For me, in Hawaii, knowing it was the last show of the tour, and all that I went through to get the tickets, it was like I was on a pixie stick high the whole time!

Maybe I'll see you at the next opener :)

Awww... thank you unico! You are so nice! Yes, definitely doing GA next time! I WILL BE THERE for sure! I had to sit in the seats due to the circumstances of who I came with, so that's the way it goes. Don't get me wrong, it was still an incredible night! The seats were shaking, that was unbelieveable to me!! Plus the water in the toilets was shaking too! FUNNY!
Can't wait to meet all you regular GA people! I am there already in spirit!

On the opening night of the tour, Queen Bee and I freaked out on MSN the whole time. :love:

I was there.

Two years later and I'm STILL pissed that we found out - after sleeping in a parking lot - that GA would be a random lottery.

Nice timing on that announcement guys, really.

Fuckers.

I remember listening to the mp3s the day after and seeing all those Boy songs. I was impressed at the crowd reacting at Electric co., the new Fly and it was good to hear Running to stand still back. Also nice was the new Zoo station with "interesting" lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom