The Vegas List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuvLady

War Child
Well the Vegas thread seemed to be losing steam so I thought maybe we should get a definitive list together of who is going to be at one or more of the meeting places suggested. That way we'll have an idea of who and how many to expect. So all those who want to join in raise your hand!
biggrin.gif

The itinerary is as follows:
Saturday
11:00-1:00 - The Crown & Anchor on Tropicana. British Pub. Real beer, cocktails, lunch, brunch, breakfast etc.

1:00-3:00 - Photo Op with Bono - Madame Tussaud's at the Venetian.

3:00-5:00 - Stratosphere - cocktails and sunset from the top of Vegas.

5:00-7:00 - Freemont Street - Visit the site of the 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For' video ( Now if someone could bring a guitar.... )

7:00-9:00 - Hard Rock Cafe.

9:00 - Time for bed so you can get up early for the heart.

Sounds very good. I'm driving from SLC on Saturday so I'll try to make it for the Stratosphere and following events.

(BTW anyone want to carpool from SLC with me?)

It will be interesting to see how many folks are still going to Vegas after they find out about Prop. Lots of folks are getting the dreaded email
frown.gif

I'm actually waiting to see if someone else got Vegas GAs from Prop so I can trade a SLC for a Vegas. If not, I may still go and try for the day of show releases.

what about FRIDAY night??????

I'm coming in a day early just so I can party like crazy on Friday, cos Saturday I'll be getting the last sleep I'll get for about 72 more hours....

Is there a Friday itinerary as well? Sicy, do you have this one??

Disco

I got GAs for vegas today from Prop....but I am interested in trading for LA3 GAs. If not, I will see you all in vegas!

I'll be in Vegas 18th-21st. Staying at NyNy, but don't know what meetings I plan to attend just yet. Have tickets already too.
biggrin.gif
See you all there verrrrry sooooon!!

Being a member of the Insomnia Finally Pays Off Club, I'll be there with my face value GA's.

BTW Luv, you need to add to the itinerary get U2 tattoos.

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS [No thanks to Propaganda - BLAH!]

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

Hi All!

Can't wait to see you guys in Vegas!! My cousin and I are heading over there Saturday morning so hopefully we will meet up with you guys in the afternoon.

Gosh, I hope people who didn't get there GA's from pop are still going!!! I also couldn't get tix via the regular onsale, so got my tickets through ETS!! (better than paying scalpers more $, they alrady got some for some LA shows!!!)

Anyway hope to see alot of you guys there!!!

P.S. Are some of you guys going to the last LA show the next day? I'm just curious because I am!

Hey everyone!

I will be at the MGM Grand from Nov11-19 (if anyone will be there all week like myself!)

Was wondering what time everyone plans to queue for the GA line? I was going to arrive in the afternoon - I can't possibly look my prettiest sitting outside all morning and all day.

------------------
Here's to the few who forgive what you do
and the fewer who don't even care
--Leonard Cohen

AHHHH AHHHH AHHHH

I GOT MY TIX TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeeehaaaww!!!!

Sec 119, kids!!!!!

Tiny dancer and myself will most definitely be joining you all at least for the Hard Rock part, possible Stratsosphere depending when we get from the Grand Canyon
biggrin.gif

Try to figure that out!

I am so there!!!!! Get there Friday night with a bunch of fellow fanatics. We'll be staying at the Excalibur, NY NY didn't work out
frown.gif
but still I love the castle motif. Anyways can't wait to see everyone.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Well, seeing as i've got tix, and a room at the Hard Rock Friday-Sunday night, we can party in my room.
And the tattoo thing is a damn good idea. A Macphisto logo is in order.

I will be arriving Friday afternoon and staying until Monday. The itinerary sounds good luv lady.... I see alot of cocktail opportunities in there as well.

all_coholic.gif

I am concerned about something though. I'm hearin that people were lineing up for the heart at 4:30 am!
eek.gif
I just dont think I can do it. *sigh* Anyone agree with me? Gah I think that was a dumb question, but I dont want to be stuck outside the heart all by myself.

------------------
Some Days Are Slippy, Other Days Are Sloppy

Sicy's Website

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 10-15-2001).]

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
I am concerned about something though. I'm hearin that people were lineing up for the heart at 4:30 am!
eek.gif
I just dont think I cand do it. *sigh* Anyone agree with me? I dont want to be stuck outside the heart all by myself.

I agree with you, Sicy - I was going to show up around 2pm or so and then trade off with my friends who will hold my spot while I do things like eat, shower, etc - but for fear that I won't get in the Heart - I don't want to get there at the buttcrack of dawn and sit outside in 33degree weather.

Whatcha thinkin?

------------------
--Leonard Cohen

Well I hear you cant save spots.. I dunno. I'm sure it wont be freezing in Vegas.. after all it is in the desert. LOL. But I know what you mean.

Hmm.. I'd like to hear what others think as well. I just dont think I can take sitting in a line for more than 8 hours. :-\

------------------
Some Days Are Slippy, Other Days Are Sloppy

Sicy's Website

When I was in Vegas in November of last year - it was 33degrees outside in the mornings! No joke! (As I am working all week in Vegas starting Nov11th, I can keep you all posted on goings-on and weather)Which means for unwieldy coat lugging, etc.

When I was in the Atlanta line, many fans in the GA line were always trading off with one of the friends they were sitting with in order to go do bathroom breaks, etc - I couldn't imagine sustaining 8+ hours without proper food, drink or restroom abilities.

ce la vie, tho.
smile.gif

------------------
--Leonard Cohen

hey, that's Mrs. Edge that started that whole "getting up and out there at 4:30" stuff!
smile.gif
Frankly I'd love to be able to sleep till at least 8 and take my chances, but I MUST GET INTO THE HEART so who the hell knows how early we'll get there. I'm sure some doofuses will get in line WAY early and screw it up for the rest of us (hey man, don't throw off the curve!!)

Mrs. E. said that she got in line in Montreal and Hamilgton at 6:30 AM and they were still about 150th in line...that SUCKS!!! And yeah, Vegas in mid-November: IT WILL BE COLD cos it's dry out there.
eek.gif

Guess I'll have to go Vegas grocery shopping so I can at least be semi comfortable while in line for 12 freakin hours, sheesh.
mad.gif

im gonna be there with 3 of my friends (2 of which i have recently converted to u2ism and havent seen them before...boy are they gonna have the time of their lives). we're staying at the sahara because its frickin cheap and we're gonna be there from friday til monday. so if you see a cute girl(me) with a tall blond irishman(matt), a hot boy(weston), and and cute redhead(katie) be sure to say hi to us... im gonna be in line early because I HAVE to get in the heart(i wont be able to in LA). anyhow, this is gonna be the greatest weekend!

alison

------------------

It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

Looks like the lines are starting much earlier this leg. On the last leg you could usually show up at 10:00am and easily make the heart.
frown.gif
Being on a weekend, the line for Vegas will no doubt start VERY early, so be prepared. If you MUST be in the heart, better go early. Might be a good idea to send an early rising "scout" with a cell phone to check out the line and call if it looks like it's getting long.

Being in line all day isn't so bad. I was in the line for San Jose from 9:00am on. The line was almost as much fun as the concert. Just bring food and water and something to sit on. You have lots of pleasent company and you can take bathroom breaks. As for your beauty routine. Just freshen up mid afternoon. (One of the advantages of being "old" is that I don't worry so much how I look at a concert
wink.gif
I just tie a scarf around my hair and forget about it.)

Most places will let you take stuff back to your car around 5:00 and then you have to stay in line until they let you in at 6:00 or 6:30.

I'll be at Vegas and Staying at the hard rock with 3 of my friends. Madame Tussauds sounds fun! and getting together at the Hard Rock does to!

I'm got tickets thru ETS in Vegas and crappy tickets to all 3 LA's. I sent away for Prop tickets but have received nothing as of today , but no email either. WEIRD!

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:

Try 6 pm the night before!!

By 4:30 in Hamilton, there were over 80 people in line.

*racking her brain* why are we paying for hotels if we are only going to be sleeping a couple of hours? shaking head in disbelief c'mon people I'm sure we can organize something to keep an eye on the locals and plan to all get there a certain time.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Originally posted by murlio:
Well, seeing as i've got tix, and a room at the Hard Rock Friday-Sunday night, we can party in my room.
And the tattoo thing is a damn good idea. A Macphisto logo is in order.

murlio, we'll be at the Hard Rock also Friday thru Monday! Party at all of our rooms! We've got reserved seating so we'll be spending part of Sunday at brunch and by the pool!

Bright light city gonna set my soul
Gonna set my soul on fire
Got a whole lot of money that's ready to burn,
So get those stakes up higher
There's a thousand pretty women waitin' out there
And they're all livin' devil may care
And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas, Viva Las Vegas

How I wish that there were more
Than the twenty-four hours in the day
'Cause even if there were forty more
I wouldn't sleep a minute away
Oh, there's black jack and poker and the roulette wheel
A fortune won and lost on ev'ry deal
All you need's a strong heart and a nerve of steel
Viva Las Vegas, Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas with you neon flashin'
And your one armbandits crashin'
All those hopes down the drain
Viva Las Vegas turnin' day into nighttime
Turnin' night into daytime
If you see it once
You'll never be the same again

I'm gonna keep on the run
I'm gonna have me some fun
If it costs me my very last dime
If I wind up broke up well
I'll always remember that I had a swingin' time
I'm gonna give it ev'rything I've got
Lady luck please let the dice stay hot
Let me shout a seven with ev'ry shot
Viva Las Vegas, Viva Las Vegas,
Viva, Viva Las Vegas

------------------
'Dream out loud, at high volume, that's what we do for a living. Lucky bastards.' - Bono

I was thinking about taking a weekend excursion to Vegas. I've never been there. I don't have tickets, but the last I checked, there were still some good seat tickets through Interference (their "package" deals). I'm not much of a gambler, so the itinerary on Sat. sounds like fun. Of course, I would probably get a GC ticket so I'd miss out on getting in the line at 4 a.m. Darn.

Hmmm... should I spend the $$ for this?

Originally posted by doctorwho:
I was thinking about taking a weekend excursion to Vegas. I've never been there. I don't have tickets, but the last I checked, there were still some good seat tickets through Interference (their "package" deals). I'm not much of a gambler, so the itinerary on Sat. sounds like fun. Of course, I would probably get a GC ticket so I'd miss out on getting in the line at 4 a.m. Darn.

Hmmm... should I spend the $$ for this?

Yes, you should. Do not question the inevitable, Doctor Who. Please forgive my spelling of inevitable.

GC is cool. Then you can spend at least part of Sunday cruising some of the huge hotels. For instance, you can visit New York, Venice, Paris, Ceasar's Rome, The Road to Mandalay, and King Arthur's court and still have lots of time for the concert.

Plebau2, thanks for Viva Las Vegas!

Four weeks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom