The Unforgettable Fire - single

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
Still sounds as fresh as the day it was first released.

Though Joshua Tree, Achtung and Zooropa were great albums, to me, this was the peak..

This is my generation's Bach concertos, our Handel's Messiah.

U2, Brian Eno and Lanois.

Ok the video has dated a litte bit, but in a good way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTCCmmJMYFk

I always found this song to be amazing, and the video to be mesmerizing. I'm not pretending like it's a great video, but for some reason, I always loved looking at it. I guess the imagery just seem to fit.

One of my favourite U2 songs ever. I never thought it was recreated that well live, maybe due to the orchestral like background sound, maybe it sounded to stripped down a bit like Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me.

I would really like U2 to do something similar to Metallica's S&M live album, where they play around 15-16 tracks with a full orchestra. Songs like All I Want Is You, Unforgettable Fire, Where The Streets Have No Name etc would sound amazing.

One of their greatest ever. And I also really like the atmosphere in the video. For me it's too awesome.

Probably the best U2 single ever, if it had the WAIA version of Bad it would be perfect. The Unforgettable Fire has always been and always will be in my top 5 U2 songs and always will be.

Top 5 stuff for me to , one of the best singles ever.

Everything from that era is pure gold , the singles , the album , the tour....etc!
Just listened to Sixty Seconds Till Kingdom Come :drool: again last weekend.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

This is the only U2's song which Is always one of my favourites, It never changes, and this is the song which I can off-hand rate as the best U2 song overally, regarding both lyrics, and singing.
B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l:heart:

Back
Top Bottom