The Unforgettable Fire Next Tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its last performance was on 6 January 1990 in Rotterdam at the third last Lovetown show. I hope it comes back. It was used as taped outro music at Slane, due to the obvious connection with recording the album there in 1984, but it seems the band aren't in too much of a hurry to play it themselves. I think that if it ever comes back, it would be the atmospheric, transcendent moment of the show, What a fucking incredible song. It's right behind One Tree Hill at the top of the heap for me.

Well, you never know. The odds are slim, but, would you have ever thought they'd play An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart? Not me, and I always wanted to hear that song....

Unlikely, though, I know.

That's my hope.. Where they brought back some of the songs from Boy and October last tour that maybe, maybe they'll go for some rarities from War (Like A Song..., Tomorrow etc) and onwards.

A long shot I know.. but hope springs eternal :wink:

They should do a UF set like this tour had its Boy and Achtung sets.

Rotate in and out ASOH, Wire, UF, and ISS. Ditch Pride entirely and keep Bad separate from the UF nostalgia set. Play Promenade for the first time just to give me a heart attack.

Actually, it was ditched for a bit at the start of Elevation (yeah, for all of two weeks), and Bono wanted to dump it on Popmart. I think it could go. I mean, a casual fan's going to be just as happy with, say, Desire or NYD or Streets or Beautiful Day as they'd be with Pride. Sure, U2 should keep SOME of their hits, but they don't need to play every single one and make their set chock-full of them.

I'd be happy if I'd never heard Pride live. Unless I'd gone to 31 August 1984. That had the only better-than-studio performance. Oh, and so did the Old Grey Whistle Test version from March 1987, but that was a set for a TV show, not a concert.

How about if they busted out 4th Of July? :wink:

(Adam seriously used that to warm up at a soundcheck in April 2001.)

Axver said:
I'd be happy if I'd never heard Pride live. Unless I'd gone to 31 August 1984. That had the only better-than-studio performance. Oh, and so did the Old Grey Whistle Test version from March 1987, but that was a set for a TV show, not a concert.

I've never heard the 8/31 version. I might go seek it out.

RB, if they busted out TUF you'd be too ecstatic to notice Pride's absence.

I would actually have a heart attack if they busted out TUF or Wire, or other great Unforgettable Fire songs at a show i was at.

Dead, on the floor. Like how i nearly fell down a flight of stadium stairs in front of me when i heard the start of the Bad backing track in Auckland.

No spoken words said:

I've never heard the 8/31 version. I might go seek it out.

RB, if they busted out TUF you'd be too ecstatic to notice Pride's absence.

I'm sure someone would have to bust out some smelling salts if they played that or ASOH or Wire or.. well you get the idea.

As long as they never remove Streets.. I'll be fine with whatever setlist they play.

coolian2 said:
I would actually have a heart attack if they busted out TUF or Wire, or other great Unforgettable Fire songs at a show i was at.

Dead, on the floor. Like how i nearly fell down a flight of stadium stairs in front of me when i heard the start of the Bad backing track in Auckland.

That would be me for ASOH.

corianderstem said:
I'd throw my shoe at them if they whipped out EPAA.

I'd throw coolian's shoes at YOU. Then burst into a fit of laughter at Bono trying to mumble his way through the song.

It would be hilarious though if Bono was on stage and said something like "This hasn't been played in a long long while, I hope you enjoy it" Gets all of us excited.. and then they start into EPAA :giggle:

Wait, why are people throwing shoes at me? I'm not the one singing half-completed songs. :(

Maybe I'll bring a custom-made banner just in case they play EPAA. I'll make my way to the front and hold it up right in front of him:

"BAD BONO. NO BISCUIT."

LemonMelon said:
I'd consider Axver's nuclear warhead idea if they whipped out Elvis Ate America.

Don't worry, I'll be right there using the warhead the second that sack of unlistenable crap starts. :wink:

The entire UF album is why I'm still a U2 fan today.

And cori, I'm throwing coolian's shoes at you and quickening his time at airport security because you're throwing a shoe at Bono for singing a GOOD song. Yeah, that's right. EPAA is GOOD. Different, but GOOD. Especially the ending.

Oh, I see. I'll keep my eyes open for shoes flying at my head, then. I'd hate to be caught unawares. You know, just in case they actually play it. Ever. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom