The Unforgettable Fire is one hilarious video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll gladly say that I've always thought that Adam looks like a drug-dealing pedophile in that video---long before I'd ever seen this thread. :der: If he would watch the video, I'm sure he'd agree.

Utoo said:
I'll gladly say that I've always thought that Adam looks like a drug-dealing pedophile in that video---long before I'd ever seen this thread. :der: If he would watch the video, I'm sure he'd agree.

Wow,that's a little harsh :) as lets face it, that's the best he's ever looked. It's not good when on your best day you look like a "drug dealing peadophile"! :lol:

The best is larrys single drum he's playing in the snow :p (or am I remembering the wrong video)

It's like, ok guys, larry needs a drum... But it costs money to bring the kit outdoors. soooo bring just one drum!

either way, GOLD!

drug dealers / pedophiles / pederasts / etc\

personally none of those things have ever occurred to me watching this video...

interesting what is on the tips of some people's thoughts, I shudder to imagine what thoughts more overt (or even bordering on remotely related) stimuli might trigger..

elevated_u2_fan said:
I think you are thinking of NYD which is also pretty high on the 80's cheese, love the special effects with the piano keys...

Gloria is probably their most effective early '80s video. It's just the band playing a great song on a random sail barge, with Adam's fro and Bono's mullet in full bloom.

Then Bono leads some sort of march of children at the end? I didn't really get that.

Has any U2 video made sense other than Stay and maybe I Still Haven't Found...?

I think the answer is no.

Read his biography and you will know why it sounds worse live. It was good before the Zoo TV tour in the early 90's. Then he just picked up the habbit of smoking. After that he recieved sugery and his voice was left permanently damaged. Even the new music videos arent as good sounding as the old ones. Some are ok but his voice is still impaired.

It is true what this guy says ? :eyebrow:

YouTube commenters could be the dumbest group of people on the planet apart from MySpace board posters.

I speak from personal experience.

Before I really got into U2, I would watch their videos. UF was the album that started me on the path to "super fan". But right before that transformation, as much as I liked the songs, I recall U2 being the band that always made videos in the snow. LOL! "New Year's Day" and UF both have them walking in snow - it seemed to be a theme. So I simply knew U2 as the band that "was always in the snow". :sexywink:

Aaaah... for the early simplicity of music videos, as opposed to the ultra-fast, epileptic-shock inducing pace of the modern day videos, which show far too much skin (I like *something* to the imagination, thanks!) yet poor quality songs.

MUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT:drool:

lord, Bono's a shitty lip syncher.:crack:

This is officially the most random music video ever.:happy:

Ergo, I assume it was Bono's idea.

Last edited:
Total U2 Nut said:

:lmao: :lmao: This is true.

*Warning - Lame Macro Ahead*

adamhighlanderoo7.jpg

WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER?!?!

:dance:

Last edited:
DreamOutLoud13 said:

I think we should tell everyone our off-the-wall interpretation of the song :giggle:

:lmao: I think its better to not share crazy song interpretations formed at 3 something in the morning

bono_212 said:
:lmao: I think its better to not share crazy song interpretations formed at 3 something in the morning
I thought it was quite brilliant myself though. And it actually makes a bit of bizarre sense! :lol:

Of course, now that song makes me think of the dad from The Nanny and Aunt Hilda from Sabrina the Teenage Witch :lmao:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
II think we should tell everyone our off-the-wall interpretation of the song :giggle:

"Unforgettable Fire" = Bad case of the crabs?

:shrug:

Utoo said:
"Unforgettable Fire" = Bad case of the crabs?

:shrug:
:tsk:

Okay, now you've forced me to explain myself. Don't say I didn't warn you.

The song is about a vampire who is in love with a mortal woman. The whole first verse is full of vampiric imagery "your only rivers run cold" refers to cold blood running through the veins, the shining city lights tells you that it's nighttime ('cause vampires can only go out at night), and the last bit, about being "dug from the night" refers to vampires sleeping in coffins, and even graves.
And so, they go on their date, right, and they go to a carnival (why not? it's nighttime, a carnival's a good place to go), and he starts giving the woman red wine to lower her resistance, and make it easier for him to puncture her skin and suck her blood.
I'm not sure how it ends, but I think he ends up having second thoughts about actually going through with biting her.

:reject:

For the record, that was CHASS' interpretation, all I added to that was that it sounded like she outlined the plotline to Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire

Back
Top Bottom