The Unforgettable Fire - Happy 20th Birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great album. And like you guys, I don't think it feels that old. But in comparison, here are other albums released in 1984:

Like a Virgin-Madonna
She's so Unusual-Cyndi Lauper
Purple Rain-Prince [good stuff]
Reckoning-REM
Born in the USA- Bruuuuuuce
Private Dancer-Tina Turner
1984-Van Halen [go figure]
Ghostbusters-Ray Parker Jr.

Also, Michael Jackson's hair caught on fire during the filming for a Pepsi commercial and Tipper Gore started Parents Resource Music Center

Wikipedia:1984 in Music

The Unforgettable Fire was U2's first masterpiece of an album and thealbum that saw the group go from childhood to manhood.:wink:

It is my all-time fav U2 album for its sense of struggle to find a place to belong in this world.

From "A Sort of Homecoming" to "Pride" to "Bad" to "Unforgettable Fire", the ENTIRE album is full of melancholy imagery which speaks to the Heart and Soul. :up:

So much more to say which is good about "UF", but for now I will simply say "Happy 20th Birthday UF" and THANK YOU to U2 for giving us this MOST MAGNIFICENT collection of heartsongs.

I will always keep "The Unforgettable Fire" within me.

I'LL BE THERE TONIGHT....:hug:

I became a fan in '81 when I was in high school. When UF came out I was in college and remember cutting class to pick up the album on the day of release. Although I loved everything before and since...this has always been a favorite of which I've never grown tired. Happy Birthday UF! You certainly don't show your age.
:applaud:

Back
Top Bottom